Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 13th July 2006, 15:18   #1
BHPian

Heyaaaaaaaaa! Newbie!

Hello All:

Stumbled on this forum through google as i was researching new cars! And for the past week have extensively browsed through the posts and found them very informative, Have learnt quite a bit! kudos to you all!

Iam 25 years old, into human resource management.I belong to the serene and beautiful Mangalore, live in chaotic Bangalore, recently back from a one year stay in a amazingly discplined singapore!

Cars have been a recent craze, own a ford ikon, and am presently looking for a second car as have gifted away the ikon to my parents:( I have always loved the Baleno and have learnt quite a bit abt it from this forum.

I think i would be going for one soon, not completely decided yet, one more dilemna am facing is whether to go for the VXi or the LXi versions. I am sure you guys would help out!

Cheers!! Look forward to lotsa meaningful interactions..
Old 13th July 2006, 15:24   #2
Senior - BHPian

Welcome to the forum, buddy. There is already a thread available on whether to go for the Lxi or Vxi versions of the Baleno. "Search and thou shall find" as the mods would say.
And have fun while you are here.

EDIT : Found the thread. Check out http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/what-c...80k-extra.html

Last edited by supremeBaleno : 13th July 2006 at 15:28.
Old 18th July 2006, 14:47   #3
BHPian

[quote=supremeBaleno]Welcome to the forum, buddy. There is already a thread available on whether to go for the Lxi or Vxi versions of the Baleno. "Search and thou shall find" as the mods would say.
And have fun while you are here.

Thanks Pal for the welcome and also the link! Vxi would be strtching my budget, i can but somehow feel it wudnt be worth it.I wouldnt need a climate control and the rest are avlble after market.

If i go in for a Lxi ,Do you think i shud go for the VXi tyres rightaway as most people suggest? and how much wud a rear spoiler cost outside?

And also want some help in getting the best deal, which dealer would you suggest in bangalore? any folks who bought one recently, cud u pls let me know more details?

Thanks so much, Cheers!
Old 18th July 2006, 15:05   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by car'zy
Vxi would be strtching my budget, i can but somehow feel it wudnt be worth it. I wouldnt need a climate control and the rest are avlble after market.
Depends from person to person. I felt that Vxi was not worth the extra dough (climate control was not available then). While others here feel that it is more than enough value. It's actually upto you. The driver seat height adjustment is also not possible to get fitted after market.

Quote:
If i go in for a Lxi ,Do you think i shud go for the VXi tyres rightaway as most people suggest? and how much wud a rear spoiler cost outside?
It is 15 months since I got my car and I am still running the stock tyres and happy with it. But then it depends on how you drive. If you tend to do some spirited driving (and not in a straight line), throw your car around at bends etc, I guess it would be advisable to go for wider tyres. I find them fine for my kind of driving, which is not exactly sane, but neither rash also. No idea about the spoiler cost.

Quote:
And also want some help in getting the best deal, which dealer would you suggest in bangalore? any folks who bought one recently, cud u pls let me know more details?
Send a PM to mclaren1885 and/or v1p3r who are from B'lore and have Balenos. They should be able to give you some tips. All I would say is, forget that you are buying a car, assume that you are dealing with a roadside vendor - meaning, bargain hard and you will get the best deal.
Old 18th July 2006, 15:21   #5
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Welcome to the forum car'zy .. Im sure u will have fun here ..

Well nice to see another baleno fan here .. I too would suggest to go in for the Lxi and get the spoiler at 7k (from maruti) and the alloys as an aftermarket .. Dont waste ur money at the showrooms buying accessories .. They are a rip off ..

Also for the best deal on a baleno , fell free to contact me .. I will get u the best deal around town from RNS.Motors .. The last , kseethuram's BIL got a discount of close to 75k i guess with foglamps as free accessorie worth 13k .. All it took was one phone call to the GM .. Would be glad to help u as well ..

For more on the baleno check out this thread
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...-2-days-8.html

and this for the discounts that i got
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...-stable-3.html
Old 18th July 2006, 19:52   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

Hey bro,
welcome aboard and enjoy your stay here.
Cheers
Old 19th July 2006, 13:09   #7
BHPian

Hey thanks Supremebaleno, Mclaren and Lamborghini! am sure having fun already.

Mclaren, read abt ur experience at RNS, Bravo! U really beat the s%^t out of them! i will soon seek your help!
Old 19th July 2006, 16:28   #8
Senior - BHPian

Welcome @car'zy .. have a fab stay here ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885
All it took was one phone call to the GM .. Would be glad to help u as well ..
wow .. would they give you sample fogs (like doctors get them medicine samples) .. if so I'd go down to bangalore and collect

Last edited by shuvc : 19th July 2006 at 16:29.
Old 19th July 2006, 16:31   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc
wow .. would they give you sample fogs (like doctors get them medicine samples) .. if so I'd go down to bangalore and collect
Add me also to the list, mclaren1885. I would even drive down to B'lore.
Old 19th July 2006, 16:37   #10
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Shuvc and SB .. For that u both will have to buy another baleno .. On a serious note its not possible to get the fogs like that unless u nego it as a part of ur purchase deal ..
Old 19th July 2006, 16:54   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885
Shuvc and SB .. For that u both will have to buy another baleno .. On a serious note its not possible to get the fogs like that unless u nego it as a part of ur purchase deal ..
haha .. I wish I had negotiated harder .. was in such a hurry to close the deal .. had actually asked for extended warranty, sub and fogs .. the guy readily agreed to the first 2 .. am sure I would also have got the fogs had I made him wait for another day. Sigh ... anyways, no regrets ..
Actually you can gift us, me and SB, your lamps, one each, the day you decide to remove them for that minor reduction in weight to give you that fractional advantage in drags

Ok .. I guess we are way OT here now !
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks