Team-BHP > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th May 2014, 19:50   #1
BHPian

Just got Bhp’d!

Watched the trucks and buses passing by with gleaming eyes. A time at which I used to ride my tricycle, a big question struck my mind – who make these beautiful creatures? Is it god? Well those were the days of flying imagination and fantasy. My interest in these rolling beings is old- as old as I am. Used to come back from school on dad’s Enfield crusader whose thump and sound was the jingle for me! I too dream of riding one. Not to forget how inspiring those write ups by Preetam sir, Narula sir, Dr. Saab (ebonho) and many cool riders are!

I am a 22 year old engineering grad (mechanical and automation) from Delhi. Living up my passion for automobiles, I am into all sorts of competitions – SAE Baja, go kart championship etc. I am in the college team “Thunderbolt”. We design, present, fabricate and race. This is the world I belong to.

Speaking of the wheels with engine, my first ride was a Kinetic dx gearless scooter at the age of 16. 2 stroke + throttle whacking = wow! The first car I sat behind the wheel was a pre worshiped Maruti 800. It was the old model with 4 gears. It was also the first mod I did. The old model was changed to the new one by replacing the bumpers, bonnet, dicky, headlight and tail light. Also the body lines were re-done according to the latest model. Although the car just went for a paint job, I insisted and got this done.

Currently we have Honda activa 2008, activa 2013 and Maruti Suzuki Ertiga 2013 in the garage. Also not to forget a Firefox fusion 2.6. It’s my younger brother’s ride. Well he’s the one who bought me to this amazing group of motorists and I thank him for doing so. Let me tell you he is just 13 and boy! His interest and knowledge(not technical) in cars make me feel like a noob! This is his favourite site and mine too!

Thank you for letting me in. Feeling great to be the part of Tbhp family!
4k_jz is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th May 2014, 18:29   #2
Team-BHP Support

Re: Just got Bhp’d!

Hey,
Welcome to Team-BHP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4k_jz View Post
I am a 22 year old engineering grad (mechanical and automation) from Delhi. Living up my passion for automobiles, I am into all sorts of competitions – SAE Baja, go kart championship etc. I am in the college team “Thunderbolt”. We design, present, fabricate and race. This is the world I belong to.
Excellent. Hope to see you on the professional racing circuit one day.

Quote:
Speaking of the wheels with engine, my first ride was a Kinetic dx gearless scooter at the age of 16. 2 stroke + throttle whacking = wow! The first car I sat behind the wheel was a pre worshiped Maruti 800. It was the old model with 4 gears. It was also the first mod I did. The old model was changed to the new one by replacing the bumpers, bonnet, dicky, headlight and tail light. Also the body lines were re-done according to the latest model. Although the car just went for a paint job, I insisted and got this done.

Currently we have Honda activa 2008, activa 2013 and Maruti Suzuki Ertiga 2013 in the garage. Also not to forget a Firefox fusion 2.6. It’s my younger brother’s ride. Well he’s the one who bought me to this amazing group of motorists and I thank him for doing so. Let me tell you he is just 13 and boy! His interest and knowledge(not technical) in cars make me feel like a noob! This is his favourite site and mine too!

Thank you for letting me in. Feeling great to be the part of Tbhp family!
Two Activas? Explains the scooter's soaring sales figures.
Great to know that this is your favourite website. Please do take some time out to go through the posting rules of the community.
See you on the forum.
Aditya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th May 2014, 19:21   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
Hey,
Welcome to Team-BHP.

Excellent. Hope to see you on the professional racing circuit one day.

Two Activas? Explains the scooter's soaring sales figures.
Great to know that this is your favourite website. Please do take some time out to go through the posting rules of the community.
See you on the forum.
It would have been a Honda activa and a motorbike(baja pulsar 200ns/ ktm duke 200). But it's a story long enough for introduction hence not included. Will post about it later. I too regret buying the Honda activa again . One of the activa is a workhorse for my mom who is a working lady and the other one is with me taking me to and back from metro station. The next motor would be a motorcycle for sure!
Old 8th May 2014, 20:18   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Welcome to Team Bhp brother. Wish you a very pleasant stay over here.

Quote:
my first ride was a Kinetic dx gearless scooter at the age of 16. 2 stroke + throttle whacking = wow!
I can completely relate to this statement. At a similar age i used to ride a 2 stroke Kinetic Marvel so i know the fun in riding these gear-less scooters.

Quote:
Let me tell you he is just 13 and boy! His interest and knowledge(not technical) in cars make me feel like a noob! This is his favourite site and mine too!
Hope to see him as one you the youngest Team Bhpian soon.
Samba is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2014, 18:56   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samba View Post
Welcome to Team Bhp brother. Wish you a very pleasant stay over here.
Thanks for the wishes Samba and happy mile munching to all the fellow Bhpians
4k_jz is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed