Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th May 2014, 20:07   #1

Hello Team!

Woah....Surprise. Registered for membership yesterday and received the approval today. Feeling elated and bind thanks to the moderators for considering me worthy of it. Hope I can put my puny knowledge to good use for fellow members.

I'm 36 Years old living in Dubai, changed careers as much I have changed cars. Currently I read a lot and give lots of unsolicited advise. My card says Contracts Manager.

I've been fascinated by automobiles from as long as I remember. My first drive was the imaginary car I rode around our house in Simla when i was about 6-7 with a imaginary steering in hand and running around making the Grrrrrrrrrrr sounds. I know . First real ride was a Kawasaki 125 CC bike and subsequently the Maruti Zen VXi that my dad gifted me in 1999 (to this date I maintain the same very car as my daily drive when I'm in India.).

I moved to UK in 2001 and was driving a company provided 1994 E320 (pure heaven for me and that time). In 2002 I moved to Dubai and bought a Chevy Cavalier ( which was my first hard earned car).

Hello Team!-picture-017.jpg

Shifted to India in 2006 and bought an Ikon flair as my Dad had taken over the Zen. Back to Dubai in 2007 and drove several company proved leased cars till 2012 (changed yearly) Mitsubishi Outlander, Ford Mondeo, Mitsubishi Galant 3.8, Honda Accord.

The petrol-head in me was itching to get something of my own (especially since company leased only base models. The fitur was to buy whatever full option car I can within my budget and acquired a Nissan Altima 2.5L SL. Loaded with almost everything I desired as that point (Except Sunroof....only avaliable in 3.5L Top Range...Damn).

Hello Team!-cam00048.jpg

Recently I bid adieu to the beloved Altima and got home a Dodge Durango. That....coming up in an ownership report.

Hello Team!-durangotail.jpg

Last edited by Technocrat : 7th May 2014 at 20:10. Reason: Only 2 smilies per post allowed, please read forum rules carefully before proceeding further. Thanks
Mopar is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th May 2014, 19:35   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Hello Team!

Welcome to Team Bhp. I could very well relate to your first imaginary car as it was more or less the same with me. At the age of 3 years i used to think my Tri cycle as my own car and i used to relate it with my dad's car at that time.

Wow a Zen in 1999 in the Shimla Hill roads must be fun. Zen just handles like a go - kart, you must have had some awesome fun with your Zen around the corners and your second car in Shimla is again a drivers car an Ikon! A Zen followed by an Ikon in Shimla hill roads will be a dream for many. After enjoying the hill roads now you are enjoying the superb highways of Dubai. You are really one luck guy!

Will be eagerly waiting for the ownership report of your Dodge Durango. In one word the teaser picture you have put in is just awesome.

Once again wish you a pleasant stay at Team Bhp.
Old 9th May 2014, 19:50   #3
Team-BHP Support

Re: Hello Team!

Welcome aboard Mopar!

No doubt you're gonna fit right in @ Team-BHP.

How's the Zen doing? Is it still in tip-top shape?

I must say, that last picture made be think for a second that you had bought an Aston Martin

cya
R
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks