Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th May 2014, 12:21   #1
BHPian

Hey Guys :D

With solid thanks to the moderator(s), glad to be on board.

The automobile has been the framework on which my childhood, teens and adulthood have rested upon. There hasn't been a day, since I can remember, when the automobile has not been given some time out of those 24 hours, as we all do to our bodies and minds.

Having started with tinkering and repairing the friendly bicycle since I was a 7 y.o, I went on to completely restore and refurbish a 1942, 350cc Triumph 3 H.W, British Army bike, soon after schooling, which I used to attend college & tuition's, way back in the early 90's & which won quite a few prizes in the rally's organised by the Karnataka Vintage and Classic Car Club, Bangalore.

Took up Mechanical Engineering as the subject of study and spent lot's of time on a Bullet-350, touring different parts of South India during leisure. On graduating, I set up an industry dealing in the manufacture of pressed, auto components, after a brief stint of employment in an auto ancillary concern.

Meditation, body building, gymnastics and reading are some of my sought after pastimes.

Have owned the good old Ambassador, an Alto, and a few Ford's through these years, along with a BMW F650 & a FZ-16 Yamaha in between. Now in my mid 30's, planning on rekindling my motorcycling passion by entering the SBK scene

Great to come into touch with all you T-BHPians. Will be particularly looking to network with guys in the SBK scene, who do distance riding on their rides, with a touring perspective. (Namma guys in B'lore wanting to meet up, even if it's just for a bite & some coffee, hit me up :-))

Last edited by Rehaan : 11th May 2014 at 12:07. Reason: Welcome aboard! Do remember there's a max of 2 emoticons allowed in each post. Cheers.
cosmic_ocean is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th May 2014, 14:18   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Hey Guys :D

Great to have you with us, Cosmic ocean.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmic_ocean View Post
I went on to completely restore and refurbish a 1942, 350cc Triumph 3 H.W, British Army bike, soon after schooling, which I used to attend college & tuition's, way back in the early 90's & which won quite a few prizes in the rally's organised by the Karnataka Vintage and Classic Car Club, Bangalore.
Wow! What a truly unique ride for a student . Must've been a hit with the ladies.

Pictures?

There's a very active meeting & touring scene in Bangalore. Do keep an eye on the meets forum.

Welcome & ride safe
Old 8th May 2014, 15:02   #3
BHPian

Welcome to the forum Cosmic Ocean.
Yeah, would love to see some snaps of the Triumph. Do you still have the bike?

Take care and ride safe.
Old 8th May 2014, 15:48   #4
BHPian

Tnx for the welcome guys

GTO, She was my first GF, so never had the mind or time for the others
bigben, brought her home in 2 gunny sacks, on the 10th of May 1994, took me 4 years to get her to stock condition and sold her in the end of 2008 due to lack of time. It was a lovely association of 14 odd years, where I grew up on her. Have enclosed a few pics for you guys.
Attached Thumbnails
Hey Guys :D-picture-003k.jpg  

Hey Guys :D-picture-027.jpg  

Hey Guys :D-picture-030.jpg  

cosmic_ocean is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 9th May 2014, 21:22   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmic_ocean View Post
Tnx for the welcome guys

GTO, She was my first GF, so never had the mind or time for the others
bigben, brought her home in 2 gunny sacks, on the 10th of May 1994, took me 4 years to get her to stock condition and sold her in the end of 2008 due to lack of time. It was a lovely association of 14 odd years, where I grew up on her. Have enclosed a few pics for you guys.

WOW!! thats a beauty!! sadly you had to let it go!
But on the bright side, Triumph has arrived in India now!!!
Old 11th May 2014, 16:19   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nauticals View Post
WOW!! thats a beauty!! sadly you had to let it go!
But on the bright side, Triumph has arrived in India now!!!
Yup...things are looking bright for the motorcycle enthusiast
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks