Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 27th May 2014, 19:31   #1
BANNED

My username is incomplete, LOL

Good morrow, fellow BHP-ians.

I got approved about last week, but I really haven't got around exploring the forums. Here are some things about me I'd like to say (since this is an introductory thread).

I am from Gangtok, Sikkim. It's a beautiful place out here with a horrid traffic problem at rush hours. I am 27 years old and I work as an accountant for the State Government. I used to own a 2008 Maruti WagonR and I didn't like it too much. I sold it off many moons ago, and since then I have considered buying everything from two wheelers to SUVs. There was a phrase not so long ago when I was doing my online "research" on the Ford Ecosport. The showroom people out here were no big help as they were/are/I-guess-they-always-will-be just focused on selling units rather than explaining the technical aspects of the car. Then one of my friends recommended this website, and his words were "I booked my Ecosport only after I read their official review." So I checked it out for myself, and yes, the review was excellent. So I went to book the car only to hear the dealership say "we will take your booking, but there is no guarantee which color you might get."

So long story short, I am still car-less and I am considering buying an i20 (for now).

Last note: Thank you BHP mods for letting me be a part of this awesome community. I hope I can provide help whenever I can, to whomever I can.

Godspeed, and drive safe.
fluffythethreeh is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th May 2014, 10:03   #2
Senior - BHPian

re: My username is incomplete, LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffythethreeh View Post
Good morrow, fellow BHP-ians.

I got approved about last week, but I really haven't got around exploring the forums. Here are some things about me I'd like to say (since this is an introductory thread).

I am from Gangtok, Sikkim. It's a beautiful place out here with a horrid traffic problem at rush hours. I am 27 years old and I work as an accountant for the State Government. I used to own a 2008 Maruti WagonR and I didn't like it too much. I sold it off many moons ago, and since then I have considered buying everything from two wheelers to SUVs. There was a phrase not so long ago when I was doing my online "research" on the Ford Ecosport. The showroom people out here were no big help as they were/are/I-guess-they-always-will-be just focused on selling units rather than explaining the technical aspects of the car. Then one of my friends recommended this website, and his words were "I booked my Ecosport only after I read their official review." So I checked it out for myself, and yes, the review was excellent. So I went to book the car only to hear the dealership say "we will take your booking, but there is no guarantee which color you might get."

So long story short, I am still car-less and I am considering buying an i20 (for now).

Last note: Thank you BHP mods for letting me be a part of this awesome community. I hope I can provide help whenever I can, to whomever I can.

Godspeed, and drive safe.
Welcome aboard fluffythethreeh!

The traffic in Gangtok is indeed horrid during rush hours. I sued to walk from zero point to Tadong and spend less time than in a shared Omni (Taxi). I loved the Gypsies and Boleros in Gangtok (They were in plenty on roads there 8 years ago).

Ecosport is an excellent choice and I hope you get yours soon.
sourabhzen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th May 2014, 10:04   #3
BHPian

Welcome onboard. What did you want your username to be, when you say it is incomplete?

If you don't need a car right now, don't buy one. Just do some virtual tire-kicking, drool over the pics and drive an occasional friend's car.

Have fun on the forum!
hellmet is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th May 2014, 10:43   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Welcome, fluffy the three headed dog?

That has to be one of the most engaging intro to the intro in some time!
mayankk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th May 2014, 10:55   #5
Senior - BHPian

Hey welcome @fluffythethreeh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
Welcome, fluffy the three headed dog?

That has to be one of the most engaging intro to the intro in some time!
Yeah (s)he never told what the full user name was intended to be.
alpha1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th May 2014, 18:50   #6
BANNED

Re: My username is incomplete, LOL

It was actually as mayankk guessed: FLUFFY THE THREE HEADED DOG. I think I was just too excited filling out the forms to have actually noted the character limit on names. Well, too late now.

Now, if you will excuse me I have some lurking and drooling over cars to do. Long live team-BHP.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks