Team-BHP > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th June 2014, 16:34   #1

Hello

Hi Everyone,

I'm Rajiv Agrawal & I live in Delhi. I just joined a few days back. I thought it would be appropriate to introduce myself here.

I've just realized a long cherished dream & bought a Fortuner a week back. I first saw it in Singapore in 2005 & fell in love with it. Ever since I've dreamed of owning one. Its an automatic as I realized that I'm more in the city than on highways/off road. So wanted to be practical as the traffic in the city is a scream & since I love to drive, my left knee cartilage has gone for a toss. Thus, didnt wanted to take chance.

I did a lot of searching in this forum w.r.t the tyres & improvement of ride quality of the Fortuner, and got some valuable tips. Though I've changed the standard Dunlops to Pirelli Scorpian STR (same size), I felt the ride quality change. The sound has almost disappeared & its less bumpy. Though I'm not very sure about the grip. Gotta wait a bit more.

1) But what is a 'racechip' & BMC filter' that was mentioned in the discussions? Purportedly, they are meant to improve the ride quality & are available with the Toyota dealers. But the dealer here in delhi had NO idea. Can you gentlemen please educate me on this?
2) I also wish to know, how accurate are the outside temperature indicators in the cars in general? Can someone please some light please?

Thanks & regards

Rajiv

Last edited by GTO : 7th June 2014 at 14:49. Reason: Correcting typo
rajiv.agrawal is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th June 2014, 14:53   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Hello

Welcome Rajiv! Good choice with the Fortuner AT. It's built like a tank and - if maintained well - will outlast you . Toyota body-on-frame diesels are world renowned for their robustness & durability.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajiv.agrawal View Post
But what is a 'racechip' & BMC filter' that was mentioned in the discussions? Purportedly, they are meant to improve the ride quality & are available with the Toyota dealers.
Both are modifications to improve engine performance. Honestly, the Fortuner has more than enough torque on tap. I don't see the need to install these. Do search through the forum for more information. We've covered it all

Quote:
I also wish to know, how accurate are the outside temperature indicators in the cars in general?
Varies from car to car, I guess. Post your query in the Fortuner official review and I'm sure BHPians will chip in with answers.

Drive safe, and do share an ownership report of your beast with us!
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2014, 20:31   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Hello

Good to meet you Rajiv.
I also drive a lot and my left knee cartilage has taken quite a beating. I couldn't find any worthy 4x4 AT SUV in my budget, so I installed a hand operated clutch in my Hyundai Tucson and also started rigorous physiotherapy for my left leg. Good that you opted for AT Fortuner. It's worthless to press the clutch. Enjoy miles and miles of driving with the car. Will look forward to your ownership review -primarily of the AT box performance.

Cheers!
anandpadhye is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed