Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd July 2014, 00:18   #1
BHPian

Greetings fellow forum members

I always loved things with wheels, RC cars, bikes, ATV's, tanks, you name it. I am 21 years old, did my schooling from Bellary (Karnataka), my B.Tech in mechanical engineering from NITK, Surathkal, moved to Thiruvananthapuram a couple of days back for my CAT coaching. Have always loved travelling, meeting new people, trying new cuisine and so on.

I owned a Pulsar220 in my second year of college, clocked 23000 Kms on the ODO by my third year, including a solo trip across South India for 10 days and number of trips to various places in the western ghats. Met with a terrible accident last year, my spleen was ruptured and the doctors were forced to take it away, a badly broken fibula and tibia. To be frank, I'm really lucky to be still typing this. A good quality helmet saved my life (Want to frame this one ).

I still had a semester left and my uncle gave me his 10 year old Tata indica v2 to commute, as i was on my crutches and couldn't walk much. The thing taught me all the basics of a car, the hard way! I have had a dead battery, air in my fuel system, faulty glow plugs, bad fuel filter, bad wheel alignments, worn out my brake pads and ruined the discs, faulty gear lever, the list goes on. She used to visit the garage almost twice in a week! Everytime i went the garage i used to do my homework, trying to figure out what was wrong, thanks to Team-BHP, which was my main source of information. All this was good in a way, helped me know more about cars, gain a lot of practical knowledge and experience.

Got a used Honda Civic last month, and thanks again Team-BHP helping me choose the right car in my budget and advice about used cars. Its been a huge upgrade over what I was driving before and I love every bit of it, taking it slowly. Now I know why a petrolhead is a petrolhead. Converted it to LPG though, my priority is cost-savings over power, for now. Will start a new thread with its pictures and the details soon.

Extremely passionate about Motorsports, from F1 to dakar rally and IOM TT to motocross, love it all! My friends still think I'm nuts spending 2 hours completing a race weekend on F1 2013 on a laptop. I am really interested in actually get on track, but really hard in our country for people to enter motorsports. Any input from anyone as to how I can take a step in this direction would be greatly appreciated.

Although I love driving, I am still a biker at heart, planning to get a RX-135 as soon I can shift gears normally (Still have a problem with my ankle from the crash).
thetinywanderer is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th July 2014, 16:07   #2
Team-BHP Support

Re: Greetings fellow forum members

Welcome aboard thetinywanderer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetinywanderer View Post
To be frank, I'm really lucky to be still typing this. A good quality helmet saved my life (Want to frame this one ).
Would like to hear/see more of this - in the relevant threads.

Quote:
I still had a semester left and my uncle gave me his 10 year old Tata indica v2 to commute, as i was on my crutches and couldn't walk much. The thing taught me all the basics of a car, the hard way! I have had a dead battery, air in my fuel system, faulty glow plugs, bad fuel filter, bad wheel alignments, worn out my brake pads and ruined the discs, faulty gear lever, the list goes on.

Indeed the best way to learn!

Quote:
I am really interested in actually get on track, but really hard in our country for people to enter motorsports. Any input from anyone as to how I can take a step in this direction would be greatly appreciated.
Do you know much about the Polo Cup and the Etios Cup? Check these threads out:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...olo-r-cup.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ng-driver.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ng-series.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ly-2013-a.html

cya
R
Rehaan is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks