Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 25th July 2014, 10:29   #1
the-mechanic

Engineer-Entrepreneur-Driver-Collector

Hello BHPians,

Although I would have loved to have ‘Genius-Billionaire-Playboy-Philanthropist’ as the title, the current title is regrettably all I am. All things automotive (not just cars) have always fascinated me and which place better to confer about such a passion than T-BHP. All the reviews, travelogues and mostly threads in the Technical Stuff have helped me out a lot. My handle comes from my mom who thinks all engineering has taught me is to become a mechanic and hands me all the household appliances that don’t work. So doesn’t the aunty on the floor below and my watchman.

So I am basically an engineer. An automotive engineer from SRM University and was a part of the SAE BAJA team for two years including the winning team from 2012, about which I would love to start a thread and engage with the BAJA experts and alumni. Apart from that I had been a part of many projects in my college many of which I’d love to share and discuss improvements.

In my final year of college, I started customizing motorcycles which engaged me so much that I ended up refusing a well-paying job for a life in the garage. As the story of all entrepreneurs I am barely making ends meet but the motorcycles are what is keeping me alive. Plus I am at home, so that helps. So would be sharing a project a month as allowed by T-BHP to showcase my motorcycles and get suggestions on areas where I can improve.

I love to ride and drive. I started riding when I was in the sixth class on my father’s Splendor+ and was fortunate enough to meet people with Roadkings and RXs and have never looked back. I don’t remember when I learnt to drive but I what I can share are my experiences as a driver in BAJA where I drove for a 4 hour endurance race and a lot of travelogues about my experiences with toppling the car while trying to jump of a metre high stage and while testing the buggy, road trips on friend’s bikes and much more.

Coming to the collector part, I was always broke in college because I spent all the saved up money on buying scrap bikes and ‘trying’ to restore them. The first three bikes never saw daylight but I finally learned. Then I had to leave Chennai and got rid of the entire collection. And now planning to start one again. The bikes on the list are Yezdi Roadking, Rajdoot GTS Bobby and Yamaha RD350 in that order and the cars are: a Willy’s CJ3B, a Maruti Suzuki Gypsy and a HM Contessa. All these are not immediate (no money for the cars) but I would love it if anyone could help me out with a good deal on a Roadking for now.

Other than that I love photography, especially automotive and wildlife, blogging/writing and travelling. Will be putting up a lot of my automotive scale model photography in the Shifting Gears section including the Mercedes SL300 below.

And I’ll end this rather lengthy introduction here with hopes of having a good time, meeting a lot of great people and learning a lot of things from the experts on board and sharing my experiences to help those who might need it!
Attached Thumbnails
Engineer-Entrepreneur-Driver-Collector-2.2.jpg  

Engineer-Entrepreneur-Driver-Collector-2.1.jpg  

(12) Thanks
Old 25th July 2014, 12:11   #2
BANNED

Re: Engineer-Entrepreneur-Driver-Collector

Quote:
Originally Posted by the-mechanic View Post
Hello BHPians,
So I am basically an engineer. An automotive engineer from SRM University and was a part of the SAE BAJA team for two years including the winning team from 2012, about which I would love to start a thread and engage with the BAJA experts and alumni.

So would be sharing a project a month as allowed by T-BHP to showcase my motorcycles and get suggestions on areas where I can improve.

And I’ll end this rather lengthy introduction here with hopes of having a good time, meeting a lot of great people and learning a lot of things from the experts on board and sharing my experiences to help those who might need it!
Welcome to Team-BHP buddy.

Will do wait for the BAJA thread along with all your modifications that were done on the bikes.

Please do go through the rules once before starting to post.

See you on the forum and hope to meet you soon. We stay in the same city!

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2014, 12:56   #3
the-mechanic

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Welcome to Team-BHP buddy.

Please do go through the rules once before starting to post.

See you on the forum and hope to meet you soon. We stay in the same city!

Anurag.
Sure, have done twice already but will keep going through them once a week just to keep it afresh. Thanks for the warm welcome.

Have read many of your posts and your OBD for dummies was really helpful. Hope to see you soon as well sir.
  (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2014, 17:52   #4
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Although I would have loved to have ‘Genius-Billionaire-Playboy-Philanthropist’ as the title

Ironically, i think your existing title is more eye catching on our site

Quote:
...about which I would love to start a thread and engage with the BAJA experts and alumni.
There should be a few existing BAJA threads. If you have a lot of content to add, do start your own!

Quote:
So would be sharing a project a month as allowed by T-BHP to showcase my motorcycles and get suggestions on areas where I can improve.
Do see rule 4b. We're not sure exactly what your work entails, so do start your thread off in the Assembly Line and then bring it to the attention of the mods (along with a gentle reminder of rule 4b). And we'll let you know.

cya
R
Rehaan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th July 2014, 18:59   #5
the-mechanic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post

There should be a few existing BAJA threads. If you have a lot of content to add, do start your own!

Do see rule 4b. We're not sure exactly what your work entails, so do start your thread off in the Assembly Line and then bring it to the attention of the mods (along with a gentle reminder of rule 4b). And we'll let you know.

cya
R
There is in fact a lot of content and pictures. Have started working on the thread and should be posting it in a couple of days.

Thank you for the consideration. Will keep in mind.
  (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2014, 21:11   #6
Senior - BHPian

Hi,
Welcome.
If you were asked to choose only one word to describe yourself (on this forum), what would that word be?

Regards
Sutripta
Old 25th July 2014, 22:34   #7
the-mechanic

One word, it'll have to be 'engineer'
  (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2014, 20:25   #8
BHPian

Wow! Enjoyed reading your intro and that's an awesome handle (username) you've chosen! Your refusing a well paid job just to work with the automobiles in the garage itself shows how much of an enthusiast you are. Welcome to t-bhp bro. Looking forward to read many interesting threads from your side.
Cheers!
Old 27th July 2014, 13:06   #9
the-mechanic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car_Freak_911 View Post
Wow! Enjoyed reading your intro and that's an awesome handle (username) you've chosen! Your refusing a well paid job just to work with the automobiles in the garage itself shows how much of an enthusiast you are. Welcome to t-bhp bro. Looking forward to read many interesting threads from your side.
Cheers!
Thanks. Have already posted about my first project, a '92 Yamaha RX100 custom. It's in the assembly line. Waiting for a moderator's approval.

Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks