Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th September 2014, 15:42   #1
BHPian

Entrepreneur from deepest, darkest, Bengal!

Ssup Guys,

Great to be part of this cult community.

First things first, lets get the cars out of the way.

I drive a Toyota Fortuner 3.0 D4D 4x4 2009 (Pete'd and with soft, grippy Michelin shoes) as my daily ride. In fact, my beast was the #11 Toyota Fortuner to be delivered in Kolkata. Unfortunately, have only covered 72,000 odd km on it. Hoping that membership to this great community will finally give me an opportunity to stretch her legs.

Other cars at home: Skoda Laura 1.8 tsi (before the price hike - BooYeah) 170 bhp, 250 nm torque, all available a bargain price, thanks to my hitherto sticky fuel loving fellow citizens. Other boring cars like the new honda city (petrol thankfully), and Suzuki Swift (diesel - maybe I should Pete that as well)

About me: Well I am an computer science and industrial engineer, and my first job was with Mercedes-Benz, in Stuttgart. Decided that as much as I would like to, cant be stuck to cars my whole life and need to get started on building a career. Did a kick-ass MBA, got a fantastic job. Threw it all away to start a company in Mamata-didi land (incidentally, our startup has been ranked as one of the fastest growing start-ups in India)

How do I wanna help.
- Well I am too lazy to click and upload pictures.
- But, you can bet your bottom, that I am gonna be there for all the Eastern India meets. Mud crawling, talking about cars, and talking how about to get hold of the next best thing in India (at a bargain price).

My next car: If I don't go bankrupt. Really wanna get my hands on the fantastic new BMW #X5. The expedition edition is great value as well.

Cheers, and please don't forget to stretch your cars legs and give her a face-pack now and then.
Nucliomaniac is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 5th September 2014, 17:08   #2
Team-BHP Support

Re: Entrepreneur from deepest, darkest, Bengal!

Hey Nucliomaniac,

Welcome aboard!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucliomaniac View Post
I drive a Toyota Fortuner 3.0 D4D 4x4 2009 (Pete'd and with soft, grippy Michelin shoes)
That sounds... naiice!

Do the Michelins make any perceivable difference to the sharp ride of the Fortuner?

Quote:
incidentally, our startup has been ranked as one of the fastest growing start-ups in India
Is it Torerocorp, as mentioned on your profile? Would be keen to hear more... (You're allowed some self-promotion in your intro thread ).

cya
R

Last edited by Rehaan : 5th September 2014 at 17:13.
Rehaan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2014, 17:33   #3
BHPian

Dear Rehaan,

I am glad you asked.

The Michelin latitude are the single best upgrade that one can do with the Toyota Fortuner. I feel bad that I strung along my OEM Dunlops for more than 4 years before making the switch. Would exhort my fellow petrolheads to head straight to the dealers and trade it in.

Improvements
- The ride has improved drastically. The Fortuner has developed a reputation for having a bumpy ride. The Michelin latitude's softer compound is a god send.
- Handling: the grippy tyres, have made the tall suv, almost car like. "Its always how fast you dare drive it (sic)"
- noise: reduced
- Looks: Looks wider, and a trifle shorter. Though I opted for exactly the same size (265/65 R17) as the Stock OEM's

Check this link out as well. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-a...ortuner-3.html

and Yes, Torero Corporation is the partner and exclusive global licensee of Cross (the writing instrument brand since 1846 - USA). Thats were I spend most of my days and nights. Started this with a dear friend from business school (Indian School of Business - Class of 07). Going good so far. Long hours. which is why I need fast cars, to get through the day.
Nucliomaniac is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th September 2014, 12:52   #4
Senior - BHPian

Hi Nucliomaniac,

Welcome to the forum. You seem to have a flair for writing (from your introductory paragraph).

I know you've cautioned everyone about your laziness but a review for your daily ride would be greatly helpful for potential users of the Pete's tuning box.

Hmm, X5 as your next ride. Sweet! Would love to know the reason why you fancy an X5 against other competent SUVs in that segment.
S2!!! is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th September 2014, 14:47   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2!!! View Post
Hi Nucliomaniac,

Welcome to the forum. You seem to have a flair for writing (from your introductory paragraph).

I know you've cautioned everyone about your laziness but a review for your daily ride would be greatly helpful for potential users of the Pete's tuning box.

Hmm, X5 as your next ride. Sweet! Would love to know the reason why you fancy an X5 against other competent SUVs in that segment.
Dear S2, Thanks man.

Allright, battle weary and battered though my Fortuner is, I would be uploading some images and a detailed ownership review of her.

Sneak Peak, After installing the Pete's box, even the mileage has gone up. averaging 9+ right now, as opposed to 8+ before. Though, it may also be a reflection of my uninteresting life.

On the BMW X5.

As with most petrolheads, I have grown up lusting after an M5. However, its time we accept the realities of the times we are living in.

I live in Bengal. Where the government believes in distributing taxpayer money to cover the account payable's of chit fund companies, and to fund salaries of more and more traffic policemen. Nothing is diverted towards road construction.

Additionally, SUV's are getting better and better every year.

With a sweet daughter, and more kids on the way. Plus dogs. A fast, luxurious SUV is the most practical thing to aspire too.

I am severely biased against all things Audi.

So that leaves me with only ML350, GL350 and the X5.

My current reckoning is that the X5 would be the most car like of them. Intend to save up and buy one of those 3, early into 2015.

What say guys?
Nucliomaniac is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th September 2014, 16:37   #6
Team-BHP Support

Hey Nucliomaniac, welcome to the forum. I am from Kolkata as well and hope to see you at the tbhp meets here.
I am using Michelin LTXs on my Bolero 4WD and am really impressed with them.
BlackPearl is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th September 2014, 18:18   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPearl View Post
Hey Nucliomaniac, welcome to the forum. I am from Kolkata as well and hope to see you at the tbhp meets here.
I am using Michelin LTXs on my Bolero 4WD and am really impressed with them.
Cheers Blackpearl,

Look forward to meeting up soon.

It seems we missed out on a recent mud crawling meet held in August. Hope there is another one soon.

On another note, you a fan of the movies or the video games? I have been addicted the Assassins Creed 4: Black Flag too. Just finished it. Thank god.
Nucliomaniac is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2014, 01:21   #8
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Cheers Blackpearl,

Look forward to meeting up soon.

It seems we missed out on a recent mud crawling meet held in August. Hope there is another one soon.

On another note, you a fan of the movies or the video games? I have been addicted the Assassins Creed 4: Black Flag too. Just finished it. Thank god.
We had an offroading session last week as well, nothing major, just slush driving. Please PM me your phone number so that we can invite you as well during our next impromptu meet.

I am a big fan of the video games but mostly racing though currently I am playing Tomb Raider on xbox360. AOE 2 on comp is an all time favourite and play frequently on GameRanger/Garena
BlackPearl is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2014, 11:03   #9
BHPian

Babumoshai, great to have you on board.

You come from one of my favourite places, Calcutta. I adore that place. I love sweets and that place is treat for me.

I'm planning a trip to Sunderbans. Lets see. Last time was there during Xmas at Peerless
Inn.

Please share a few pics of your rides. Your pete'd up Forturner excited me the most.

Take care bro.
ortho_surgeon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2014, 11:26   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPearl View Post
We had an offroading session last week as well, nothing major, just slush driving. Please PM me your phone number so that we can invite you as well during our next impromptu meet.

I am a big fan of the video games but mostly racing though currently I am playing Tomb Raider on xbox360. AOE 2 on comp is an all time favourite and play frequently on GameRanger/Garena
Blackpearl!

I am unfortunately unable to PM you, as I am still a newbie and am an unregistered member on the Forum. I scrolled through the FAQs and discovered that Email would be the next best option, however your contact details aren't mentioned anywhere.

You could PM me or email me your address on yvgupta 'at' gmail.com and I'll send across my digits. Really looking forward to some mud crawling soon.

A shoutout to the Mods. I am a fun guy. I do hereby solemnly swear, that I shall entertain all my peers, display a demeana expected of a Team-Bhpian. Please make me a registered member soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ortho_surgeon View Post
Babumoshai, great to have you on board.

You come from one of my favourite places, Calcutta. I adore that place. I love sweets and that place is treat for me.

I'm planning a trip to Sunderbans. Lets see. Last time was there during Xmas at Peerless
Inn.

Please share a few pics of your rides. Your pete'd up Forturner excited me the most.

Take care bro.
Thanks Doc!

Hope you enjoy your trip to the Sunderbans. When are you planning? If in the Winter, you would be in for a treat. Do check out the writeup on Bakkhali on one of the recent Lonely Planet magazine issues, as well a writeup up by a Team-Bhp member on the forum.

A fantastic Road Trip as well.

Hope Calcutta gets an opportunity to welcome you again soon.

God knows, we do need some decent medical professionals here.

- Cheers Guys,

Last edited by Rehaan : 18th September 2014 at 14:40. Reason: Merging consecutive posts...
Old 18th September 2014, 14:32   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Blackpearl!

I am unfortunately unable to PM you, as I am still a newbie and am an unregistered member on the Forum. I scrolled through the FAQs and discovered that Email would be the next best option, however your contact details aren't mentioned anywhere.

You could PM me or email me your address on yvgupta 'at' gmail.com and I'll send across my digits. Really looking forward to some mud crawling soon.

A shoutout to the Mods. I am a fun guy. I do hereby solemnly swear, that I shall entertain all my peers, display a demeana expected of a Team-Bhpian. Please make me a registered member soon.

- Cheers Guys,
Hi Nucliomaniac,

Welcome to Team-BHP. I have sent you a mail since your PM is not activated yet. See you at the meets.

Regards,

Pawan
PapaBravo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2014, 14:41   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaBravo View Post
Hi Nucliomaniac,

Welcome to Team-BHP. I have sent you a mail since your PM is not activated yet. See you at the meets.

Regards,

Pawan
Thanks a tonne, Pawan.
Feels great to be included.

Filled out the location poll too.

Really looking forward to the next meet.

Cheers man,

- Yash
Old 20th September 2014, 20:45   #13
Distinguished - BHPian

Welcome to Team Bhp.

Loved reading every bit of your introduction. You do have a great writing skill.

Am too from Kolkata, hope to meet you soon in our next Kolkata Team BHP meet.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks