Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 22nd October 2014, 17:43   #1
BHPian

Hello all!

Hello all!
Ive been wanting to be a part of Team-BHP, and it's nothing short of sheer joy to be added to the team in my second attempt!

Being in Goa, ive been driving around for the last eight years in a Ford Fusion (1.6 Duratec petrol). Still love the leg space in it!
Have driven it from Goa to Bengaluru once, and then from Pune to Surat once, not to mention countless Mumbai-Goa trips, which I have enjoyed thoroughly along the long but neat (and treacherous at times) NH 17. And its been joyful so far.
Ive been experiencing problems with my cluster of late and am hunting for another one.

All this till early this month!
Have finally managed to graduate (in my own terms) to the Polo GT TSI!!
How am in love with the machine is what I want to write more about. Although 6'4" tall I thoroughly enjoy the car.

Will write in shortly about my drive in the GT to Mumbai from Goa soon.

Again, its a sheer pleasure to be a part of the team and will wait to hear and be part of various threads/forums of my interest contained herein.

Seasons greetings to you all.
HR.

Last edited by aah78 : 22nd October 2014 at 18:09. Reason: Post edited for grammar. Please run a spell-check before submitting. Thanks!
humbleroadster is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th October 2014, 17:29   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hello all!

hello HR,

Welcome to the forum!

Man, you surely have a great taste when it comes to your cars. The Fusion was a fantastic car, launched much ahead of its time. It was practical, spacious, had a delightful engine and sweet driving dynamics to match. I'm sure you must've had a lot of fun with that car.

Even the GT TSi is a hoot to drive and it may not match the Fusion as a package, there is no other car in its price range that can offer the performance and technology that the Polo can. Hope it serves you several trouble-free miles.

See you around on the forum.
S2!!! is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th October 2014, 23:05   #3
BHPian

Hello S2!

Thanks for the reply.
Well I still enjoy driving around in the fusion. It has, till date given me 85k trouble free miles.
Altough I am having a bit if a problem with the instrument cluster of late.

I see you have aquired a neat car for yourself as well! Is that the automatic?

Wish you many pleasant miles on it.

HR.
humbleroadster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2014, 12:32   #4
Senior - BHPian

No. Mine is the manual one. How I wish I had bought an automatic now looking at the traffic conditions! At the time of purchase, I had taken a look at the Polo GT TSI too but at nearly Rs.9.9 lakhs on-road Mumbai, it seemed too pricey, hence settled for the Grand i10 for its value proposition. What started off as a compromise has slowly grown on me and the Grand i10 is a zippy little city car with light controls and a whole bunch of gizmos to play around with.

So do you still have the Fusion? I was under the impression that you replaced your Fusion with your Polo.
S2!!! is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th October 2014, 00:47   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2!!! View Post

So do you still have the Fusion? I was under the impression that you replaced your Fusion with your Polo.
Yup! Still have the Fusion. As you have rightly mentioned, the dynamics of the car are/were something hard to let go off! Its entirely different from the Polo, but then the Fusion now has a certain charm to it!
Or then again, maybe i'm just used to it!!

I agree on AT being a boon in heavy traffic conditions. But at the same time, i`d like to mention that i would have been super thrilled with the GT being MT!! I know the dsg is one of a kind, but the Tiptronic is where the fun is really!!
But that's just me! I like the fact that you`re liking the grand now!!

Happy zipping!
HR.
humbleroadster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th October 2014, 13:44   #6
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by humbleroadster View Post
Being in Goa, ive been driving around for the last eight years in a Ford Fusion (1.6 Duratec petrol). Still love the leg space in it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by humbleroadster View Post
Yup! Still have the Fusion. As you have rightly mentioned, the dynamics of the car are/were something hard to let go off! Its entirely different from the Polo, but then the Fusion now has a certain charm to it!
Or then again, maybe i'm just used to it!!
Tell me about it! I drove mine for a lakh (well almost) and still had pangs of guilt giving it away! Awesome car to say the least. And I had mine from one of the first lots in Bangalore. Here is my story.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...d-now-92k.html

Welcome to the forum.

Last edited by ampere : 26th October 2014 at 13:52.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks