Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th November 2014, 08:00   #1
BHPian

Hello Team-BHP, made it here after 5 years

Hello all,

Yes, I have given my first attempt in 2009 to become a part of this fascinating automobile forum. As usual my membership got rejected later I tried one more time, again same story. Nowadays I am spending more time on Team-BHP, I realized this when my better half started scolding

Now (read last 10 days) I decided to be part of this forum at any cost and I am successful in my second attempt. Mods, Thanks for accepting me as a part of this community.

Coming to the original topic i.e Introduction, I am an 34 year old Mechanical engineer working with an Aerospace Company in Bangalore. I hail from a small village in Guntur district of Andhra Pradesh. I have earned my Masters from IIT Guwahati and recruited by TATA Motors in campus. After 2+ years of stint with TATA Motors, I have moved on to Aerospace domain and continuing till date. I think I do not have to say that I am and automobile freak, because this is the basic qualification to be part of Team-BHP.

What is my handle (hillsnrains) significance: I love trekking and favourite season to trek is monsoon.

What I drive: Honda Unicorn (2005 - till date, 35,000KMS on ODO), Maruti Swift (2008-2011, 25,000KMS on ODO), Skoda Rapid (2012-till date, 49,326KMS on ODO).
I will stop here, because my introduction is becoming little too long
hillsnrains is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 7th November 2014, 10:04   #2
BHPian

re: Hello Team-BHP, made it here after 5 years

Good to see you here!

Aerospace is such a fascinating industry, really quite interesting.

Also, you've made quite significant leaps with your automobile of choice, good to see! :-)
Stiggy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th November 2014, 12:33   #3
BHPian

Welcome! Good to see another IIT Guwahati Alumni. I am from the class of 2007. Looks like we both share a passion for cars and aerospace

I guess you are working for Boeing or Airbus in Bangalore? I always wanted to pursue a career in Aerospace, unfortunately there were limited opportunities for people with just a bachelors degree, so I took the MBA route

Last edited by Foxbat : 7th November 2014 at 12:36.
Foxbat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th November 2014, 15:40   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxbat View Post
Welcome! Good to see another IIT Guwahati Alumni. I am from the class of 2007. Looks like we both share a passion for cars and aerospace
Hi Foxbat,

Good to know that you are also an IITG Alumni. I am 2002 batch.

Quote:
I guess you are working for Boeing or Airbus in Bangalore? I always wanted to pursue a career in Aerospace, unfortunately there were limited opportunities for people with just a bachelors degree, so I took the MBA route
You are right, but not completly. I work for AIRBUS project, but not employed by them. My organisation is a tier-1 supplier to AIRBUS.
May I know how you are utilizing your MBA in aerospace industry

Can

Last edited by Samurai : 10th November 2014 at 12:51. Reason: fixed quote
Old 10th November 2014, 12:17   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillsnrains View Post
Quote:
Hi Foxbat,

Good to know that you are also an IITG Alumni. I am 2002 batch.

Quote:
You are right, but not completly. I work for AIRBUS project, but not employed by them. My organisation is a tier-1 supplier to AIRBUS.
May I know how you are utilizing your MBA in aerospace industry

Can
I think I wasn't clear, I meant to say I would have liked to join the Aerospace Industry after Bachelors Degree but there were no opportunities. So I did a MBA and pursued $$$ instead of my passion I work in the Banking Industry currently.

Last edited by Samurai : 10th November 2014 at 12:52. Reason: fixed quote
Old 11th November 2014, 08:07   #6
BHPian

Re: Hello Team-BHP, made it here after 5 years

Quote:
I think I wasn't clear, I meant to say I would have liked to join the Aerospace Industry after Bachelors Degree but there were no opportunities. So I did a MBA and pursued $$$ instead of my passion I work in the Banking Industry currently.
No worries mate!
Aerospace industry missed an enthusiast. Anyhow end of the day we need $ to lead the life. You can always follow/do things which are of your passion, your wish/will give you the energy and time you needed. I know I am going off topic, so I will stop here
Good to interact with like minded people. Hope to meet you at some point of time in our lives.
hillsnrains is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks