Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th November 2014, 17:08   #1
BHPian

Finally, I get to be on Team-BHP!

Dear Fellow Bhpian's

All throughout, My life has always been on a single point focus of being part of the Olive Greens. The first time I had tried to join Team-bhp was in 2007 as a passing interest, never got any response (for obvious reasons ). Finally Life has slowed down a bit and I am getting some time to follow up on my passions which had gone dormant over the years.

I turned 30 last july however the only thing that has changed in the past few years is that my interest from bikes have now moved on to four wheelers and cars in particular.

In 2009/10 I was studying about auto-mobiles (basic stuff - now I can understand there's a difference between crank shaft and cam shaft) and that time around our favourite time pass was identifying all vehicles which used to pass through the Mumbai Pune express-way. Then I got a Jeep all to myself to drive around in the thar desert, all these were turning points for me and slowly the motor bug took over.

My first and only bike is a 150cc Pulsar(black cat) which I bought in jan 2007. I was strictly forbidden from picking a Bullet/anything beyond 150cc by my parents. However I was in for a surprise as i got the new model pulsar with LED's and over the years I have grown to like it a lot.

I am yet to purchase my own car however we have a Mitsubishi Lancer SLXD VLe(2003) and Honda city ZX Gxi(2008) in our family. Every time the topic of selling the Lancer comes up and dies down automatically as no one wants to part with it. Me and my bro have explored half of India in the Lancer , our longest trip was from Porbandar(Gujarat) to Kochi(Kerala) and we could have munched more miles as long as we were riding the Lancer. No wonder they call it the Poor Man's Mercedes

Other aspects about myself, I am very lazy until taken up with an idea or a particular project which interests me, rest of the time its absolute chill. I also love reading fiction and playing basketball whenever i get the opportunity.I belong to Gods own country but being part of the OG I keep shifting to various parts of the country. Currently I am in Africa attending to the welfare of the tribals (probably till next year). I am married and I have a Daughter(3 months-july born).I intent to pick up the Guitar learn a few numbers and when the time comes I would like to open up a Restaurant/Resort, write some books, get behind the wheel with my family once in a while and go where the Road takes me!!

I had been on various sites but its only when I come on team-bhp that i really get the true picture,unbiased views,frank opinions and correct advise. So finally this time when i tried becoming a member I did it with full honesty and dedication so here I am. I am quite thrilled and happy to have joined the community, looking forward to learn a lot and become part of the family.

With warm regards,

Robin.

Last edited by GTO : 15th November 2014 at 16:33. Reason: No more than 2 smilies / post please
Blue Bird is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 14th November 2014, 22:39   #2
BHPian

re: Finally, I get to be on Team-BHP!

Nice intro there Robin ! Welcome aboard.
Please elucidate a few lines about what you are doing for those tribals.
Ddrive is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th November 2014, 20:11   #3
BHPian

Re: Finally, I get to be on Team-BHP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ddrive View Post
Nice intro there Robin ! Welcome aboard.
Please elucidate a few lines about what you are doing for those tribals.
Well about the tribals - just basic relief work
Like most of them suffer from upper tract respiratory infections, conjunctivitis in kids. The idea is to provide basic relief however the situation is quite worse with 70% suffering from hepatitis B and most of them HIV +ve

Also inter clan and community fights are just waiting to happen, lets see what we can do, would be inappropriate to discuss here though. Planning to write about it one day!

Thanks a lot, looking forward to being in the team!
Blue Bird is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th November 2014, 16:47   #4
Senior - BHPian

Hey Blue Bird,

Welcome aboard. A very elaborate introduction. Your work seems very interesting and noble .

While there is a lot to learn on the forum, do share your experiences too on various aspects such as your travel, your rides, your work, etc. Like they say 'knowledge is wasted if it isn't shared' and this sharing of knowledge is exactly what makes Team-BHP such a content-rich website.

Looking forward to read more posts by you. See you around on the forum.
S2!!! is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2014, 22:59   #5
BHPian

Hi Robin, nice meeting you.

You are bang on about team-bhp, you get honest opinion here. This place is a treasure chest of knowledge for any motor enthusiast.

Quote:
The idea is to provide basic relief however the situation is quite worse with 70% suffering from hepatitis B and most of them HIV +ve
Appreciate the work you are doing. But take all precautions. Are you with WHO?

You are right about the Lancer. All I can say is that if you are happy with it and if you are able to service it easily, then it will serve you for a few more years. Servicing it won't be a problem in Cochin. Think you should rather consider disposing the old Honda city.

Last edited by ortho_surgeon : 16th November 2014 at 23:01.
ortho_surgeon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2014, 08:59   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2!!! View Post
Hey Blue Bird,

Welcome aboard. A very elaborate introduction. Your work seems very interesting and noble .

While there is a lot to learn on the forum, do share your experiences too on various aspects such as your travel, your rides, your work, etc. Like they say 'knowledge is wasted if it isn't shared' and this sharing of knowledge is exactly what makes Team-BHP such a content-rich website.

Looking forward to read more posts by you. See you around on the forum.
Thank you for your kind words and yes it will be my endeavour to add more to the quality stuff that already exists here (to the best of my abilities). The mods are doing an awesome job by streamlining the content layout.

Travelling is one thing that I do a lot , never penned it down yet but eagerly looking fwd to an opportunity

Quote:
Originally Posted by ortho_surgeon View Post
Hi Robin, nice meeting you.

You are bang on about team-bhp, you get honest opinion here. This place is a treasure chest of knowledge for any motor enthusiast.

Appreciate the work you are doing. But take all precautions. Are you with WHO?

You are right about the Lancer. All I can say is that if you are happy with it and if you are able to service it easily, then it will serve you for a few more years. Servicing it won't be a problem in Cochin. Think you should rather consider disposing the old Honda city.
Am not totally with WHO but as part of UN for a temporary period.(that's why basic relief work)

Yes the Lancer is an awesome ride so its going to stay, The Honda City is being used for local use and is also very practical we still get around 13/14 kpl.

However I will soon be picking up a ride for myself when I get back. I have zoomed down to Avventura, Ecosport and Polo GT Tdi keeping a track of things as I have time till June 2015.

Looking forward to the Team-bhp to guide me.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks