Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 20th November 2014, 16:47   #1
BHPian

Hello Team-BHP...from Cochin!

I'm elated ! Feels so good to be in a forum with so many like minded people. No wonder a member called this as every petrol head's 'Nirvana'.
I'm Aswin S Panicker (Yup, I'm a true blue mallu), born and bought up in Mumbai and college education from Bangalore and used to work for a multinational bank there. Right now I'm in charge of my own business. I'm a supplier of life saving medicines and drugs to hospitals and medical shops.

So that's me.

The time i was inducted into the forum couldn't be better.

I have benefited so much from the Team-Bhp community whenever I had any trouble regarding anything automotive.

The most recent dilemma was a replacement for my trusted beauty The Honda City Zx. She's been with us as our family car from when I was still in college till I was handed the reins to our family business. I was looking for an upgrade and I wanted an SUV. So I went and took a look at two cars I had shortlisted and came back to see if my choices were sensible. I had shortlisted The Pajero Sports Limited Edition (Dual Tone) and The Fortuner 4*2 MT. Well, I just paid the initial booking amount for the Toyota today and I found the membership approved email. I guess things are working out great for me. Its nice to be finally be with you all. Looking forward to ask a lot of questions and answer a few (I hope so).

Last edited by Rehaan : 20th November 2014 at 18:08. Reason: Adding some paragraph breaks to ease readability. Welcome aboard!
kraken is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 21st November 2014, 16:58   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hello Team-BHP...from Cochin!

Hey Aswin,

Welcome to the forum

Congrats on your Fortuner acquisition - a great upgrade from a City ZX to a proper SUV. Why don't you start off by stating what made you choose the Fortuner over the Pajero Sports? The Fortuner is a lovely SUV but after going through some ownership reports of the Pajero Sports, I've learnt that it's an extremely competent car (not that I have driven one). Would love to know your point of view on this.

Last edited by S2!!! : 21st November 2014 at 16:59.
Old 24th November 2014, 10:37   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2!!! View Post
Why don't you start off by stating what made you choose the Fortuner over the Pajero Sports? The Fortuner is a lovely SUV but after going through some ownership reports of the Pajero Sports, I've learnt that it's an extremely competent car (not that I have driven one). Would love to know your point of view on this.
To be really frank on the matter I loved the Pajero Sport. The car is well built, luxurious, has some major features and the Sales executive at Menon's Motors in Kochi was ever helpful. But a major reason I moved away from The Pajero Sports was the uncertainty surrounding Mitsubishi operating in India. And I was kinda apprehensive about the resale value of the Pajero. I tend to change cars every 5-6 years (for tax depreciation). And as a businessman Pajero Sports didn't just seem a wise investment. But if I ever have the luxury of following my heart and not my brain I would definitely go for Pajero. The T Fort just seemed a sensible choice because it has a reputation of being trusty work horse ( I read dkaile's review about his millenium falcon )
kraken is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2014, 21:37   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kraken View Post
I'm elated ! Feels so good to be in a forum with so many like minded people. No wonder a member called this as every petrol head's 'Nirvana'.
I'm Aswin S Panicker (Yup, I'm a true blue mallu), born and bought up in Mumbai and college education from Bangalore and used to work for a multinational bank there. Right now I'm in charge of my own business. I'm a supplier of life saving medicines and drugs to hospitals and medical shops.
Welcome aboard kraken! And yeah, good to see a mallu join the family. Where actually in Cochin are you? I actually drive to Kaloor once/twice a month to meet up with my cousins. Maybe I can borrow some life saving medicines and 'drugs' from you during the next drive (JK!)
Old 26th November 2014, 10:15   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiGOD View Post
Where actually in Cochin are you? I actually drive to Kaloor once/twice a month to meet up with my cousins. Maybe I can borrow some life saving medicines and 'drugs' from you during the next drive (JK!)
I'm based in Thiruvalla but my business is at Sea port-Airport road. You can pop me an email the next time you come. I stay at Kaloor too! We will surely meet up!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks