Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 18th December 2014, 11:49   #1
BHPian

Young Classic Car Lover from Mumbai!

Hello BHPians! My name is Anuj Aras and I am a 20 year old engineering student from Mumbai. As you must have already read in the title, I am a classic car aficionado.

If you are wondering why my handle is "Impala59" , its because it was the first classic car that I fell in love with (At the age of 6). It was love at first sight. And it wasn't even a real car! I fell in love with a Hot Wheels car! Since then, there has been no looking back.

My other favourite classic cars (Only to name a few) are the Ferrari 250 GT Lusso Berlinetta, the Mercedes Benz 300SL Gullwing, the 1960 Cadillac Eldorado, the '65-'68 Ford Mustang and last but DEFINITELY not the least, the Fiat Elegant, Select, Super Select and the 1100D!
I love reading the Fiat threads, not to mention staring at the beautiful cars maintained so immaculately and in pristine condition by their owners. Hats off to them!

Oh yes, and make no mistake. I also love the newer supercars! The Ferrari 458 Italia is my favourite modern supercar. However, I always feel that the modern supercars lack the aura and class that the older cars had. Just an opinion!

Thanks a lot moderators for giving me a chance to be a part of this petrolhead community!

Cheers!
Impala59 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th December 2014, 15:27   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Young Classic Car Lover from Mumbai!

Hi Anuj, welcome aboard. You will definitely enjoy the vintage and classic section, and keep an eye out for the rally threads so you can come by and see the cars the few times that they come out.

On a related note we have atleast a couple of 59 Chevys in Bombay that are often out for a spin - so keep your eyes open.
karlosdeville is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th December 2014, 16:12   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
Hi Anuj, welcome aboard. You will definitely enjoy the vintage and classic section, and keep an eye out for the rally threads so you can come by and see the cars the few times that they come out.

On a related note we have atleast a couple of 59 Chevys in Bombay that are often out for a spin - so keep your eyes open.
Thanks a lot Karl sir for the warm welcome! Yes, I'll surely keep an eye out for them
Old 18th December 2014, 16:16   #4
Team-BHP Support

Welcome aboard Impala59!

You seem to know your stuff, and it's good to see a 20 year-old's list of favourite cars without a mention of "veyron" or "aventador"

Being a classic car lover, I'm sure your already familiar with a lot of the vintage fellows around here. There's a wealth of info and experts in that section!

Cheers,
R
Rehaan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th December 2014, 16:36   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
Welcome aboard Impala59!

You seem to know your stuff, and it's good to see a 20 year-old's list of favourite cars without a mention of "veyron" or "aventador"

Being a classic car lover, I'm sure your already familiar with a lot of the vintage fellows around here. There's a wealth of info and experts in that section!

Cheers,
R
Yes sir! I have been reading threads in the Vintage and Classic section ever since I was a non-member. The knowledge shared here is immense
I again thank you all for giving me an opportunity to share a platform with all these highly distinguished BHPians!
Old 23rd December 2014, 23:27   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impala59 View Post
Hello BHPians! My name is Anuj Aras and I am a 20 year old engineering student from Mumbai. !
Are you in IITB, by any chance?

Last edited by FINTAIL : 23rd December 2014 at 23:28.
FINTAIL is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th December 2014, 12:40   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FINTAIL View Post
Are you in IITB, by any chance?
Haha. No sir! I belong to a Mumbai University college
Impala59 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th December 2014, 14:17   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impala59 View Post
Haha. No sir! I belong to a Mumbai University college
VJTI by any chance?

They have certain, very distinguished alumni.

Out of them, one is a certain Behram Dhabhar.
FINTAIL is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th December 2014, 14:24   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FINTAIL View Post
VJTI by any chance?

They have certain, very distinguished alumni.

Out of them, one is a certain Behram Dhabhar.
I am from DJ Sanghvi College of Engineering at Juhu My dad passed out from from VJTI somewhere around 1979! And yes, it certainly does have a very distinguished alumni
Impala59 is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks