Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 24th December 2014, 13:00   #1

Bridging the Chennai-Bangalore Divide

Greetings,

I'm Benjamin. 25 years old. I'm originally from Chennai. Ended up going to Bombay to study and then moved to Bangalore for work. I've been here for three years. I work in a Enterprise Tech Media publishing house.

First thing I did when I went back to Chennai for the first time was to drive off to Bangalore in the middle of the night (in the family Maruti Alto), much to the annoyance of my parents. Many arguments and paychecks later, I managed to score myself a second hand 2007 Petrol Hyundai Verna in 2011 which I use for my daily commute. I'm not a big highway driver. When I got the car, it had clocked 23000 KMs on the ODO. It currently has 58000 KMs on it. Plus, I had a bad accident on the highway which has been on the back of my mind ever since.

I must confess, I'm not an enthusiast. I can't tell a timing belt from a leather belt or a clutch plate from a thali plate. I found the forum because I saw a bunch of stickers on peoples' cars and I had to find out what it was. I've been putting this post off for a while.

The level of knowledge on this forum amazes me. In particular, I saw this one thread by PredatorWheelz from Calcutta about his Diesel Verna. The amount of dedication and love that he has for his vehicle spurred me on, so here I am.

Outside of this, I love photography, cooking and football. Huge Chelsea FC supporter.

I hope to learn a lot more about my car and cars in general from you guys. Here's to many more posts.

Cheers!

Benjamin
Benjamin738 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th December 2014, 15:36   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Bridging the Chennai-Bangalore Divide

Welcome to tbhp brother. Thank you for the kind words on my Verna thread. Yes, that car has been a faithful and reliable companion over the last 6 years and I tend to wax eloquent about it. Good to know my thread inspired you in any manner.

You said you can't tell a timing belt from a leather belt or a clutch plate from a thali plate . Don't worry. It takes all kinds to make a forum, and being technically handicapped doesn't mean you're not an enthusiast. Just hang around long enough. The forum will either teach you to become hands-on, or tell you where to go to find a reliable mechanic! Knowledge is abundant on tbhp, as is the willingness to share.

We look forward to many more contributions from you.
predatorwheelz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th December 2014, 16:16   #3
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjamin738 View Post
I'm not a big highway driver.

I can't tell a timing belt from a leather belt or a clutch plate from a thali plate.

Huge Chelsea FC supporter.
Hi Benjamin,

Great to have someone with common interests. I don't care to drive, at least not when there is traffic. I have no idea what a belt is except for the one I wear around my waist and last but not the least, my son is a Chelsea supporter so I am sort of forced to be one too!

Welcome to TBHP.
navin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th December 2014, 18:36   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
my son is a Chelsea supporter so I am sort of forced to be one too!.
Well, I sort of started off like that as well. My girlfriend is a Chelsea supporter, so I was forced to watch games. It grows on you. Even better when you don't need to fight for the TV remote.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks