Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 26th December 2014, 15:08   #1

Christmas couldn't have been better

Over fours years of continuous following and two membership request rejections later here comes Christmas 2014. I was just talking to my wife a couple of night before that I have submitted my request for membership again - and have my fingers crossed hoping to be third time lucky...

25th December 2014, 5:30AM – I woke up and flipped through the mails on my phone – here is what followed

Me: Pooja (My Wife) Guess what has just happened
Wife (Still dazed and Sleepy): What happened have you got another trip planned?
Me: Nope, Even better
Wife (Visibly irritated): Now tell me quick will you?
Me (With a big grin): My Team-BHP Membership has been approved I am a BHPian now
Wife (Smiled): You are crazy - Congrats

This was the perfect start to Christmas - Got up from the bed and walked out to the Living room and proudly announced the same to my parents. They were confused what’s Team BHP and why is this guy jumping around like that. After a full hour of taking them through the car reviews of the new Scorpio, Travelogues by Senior BHPian like Nilanjan Ray and GD Sir, my Mom said (Very innocently) "Tu bhi na bikul pagal hai (You are completely mad)"

Hi I am Romel - born in a small town called William Nagar in Garo Hills in Meghalaya, brought up in Meghalaya. First studies got me to Karnataka (SDM Dharwad) and then Job has now got me to Bangalore. Dad had a Government job and guess what was his ride back then Yamaha RD350 and a Willy's Left hand Drive(I learnt Driving on this blue Bird) - I think my love for Cars and bikes and also Photography came to me as part of my DNA - Thanks Dad.. And now in the company of so many Motor heads - Thanks Team BHP... With this I can finally strike off the one thing on my list of things to do before you say good bye...

Yooo hooo I am a BHPian finally!!!!!
RomelK is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 26th December 2014, 18:38   #2
BHPian

Re: Christmas couldn't have been better

Congratulations Romelk, I also received membership approval on 25th December at 2:00am. Was going to a friends place post attending the mass when the phone beeped - it was a mail from Teambhp with the subject "Team-BHP membership APPROVED !" - instantly my hands reached the volume knob to turn it down and the announcement was made "Guys I got my Christmas gift, my teambhp membership is approved" all congratulated me and then there was silence followed by a friends voice "is it a club or something? " I replied "yes - the finest" with a wide smile .Truly its the best Christmas gift ever.

Regards
Imran
IPathan is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th December 2014, 19:32   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomelK View Post
Me (With a big grin): My Team-BHP Membership has been approved I am a BHPian now
Wife (Smiled): You are crazy - Congrats
Yooo hooo I am a BHPian finally!!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by IPathan View Post
I replied "yes - the finest" with a wide smile .Truly its the best Christmas gift ever.
Regards
Imran
I can very much relate to both of your excitements, i had 2 years back.

Welcome to Team Bhp and i agree it can be the best Christmas gift for any automobile enthusiast. Plus another great thing about this forum is, you wont get bored of Team Bhp! One can get bored of his wife but not Team Bhp!

Last edited by Samba : 26th December 2014 at 19:33.
Samba is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th December 2014, 13:49   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPathan View Post
there was silence followed by a friends voice "is it a club or something? " I replied "yes - the finest" with a wide smile .Truly its the best Christmas gift ever.

Regards
Imran
Hi Imran - it is indeed the best thing that could have happened for the good of all the Motor Heads around. Congratulations for becoming a member.

As for Samba - I would need to be a bit careful before I publicly endorse your comment about the wife - but I will risk it and see how it goes
RomelK is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks