Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th January 2015, 15:17   #1
dvv
BHPian

Hello Team-BHP!

Hello Everyone!
My name is Vignesh, I'm 22, born in Madras and brought up in Chennai. I completed my Bachelors Degree in Computer Science & Engineering in 2014 which I did at SSN College of Engineering. I received an offer to work @ PayPal and I'm currently working there as a Software Engineer there at Chennai.

My Interests:
Books have been my first true love; starting off with the usual children's classics from authors like Enid Blyton and so on, to Harry Potter and moving on to serious fiction from authors like Robin Cook, John Grisham, Michael Connelly, Steig Larsson, Robert Ludlum, Fredrick Forsyth and the like.
There really is something about books isnt it? They allow us to live several lifetimes in our one single life.
Have recently started reading The Tipping Point. Interesting book. However I haven't been able to pursue reading as much as I would like after I started working. Balancing priorities is something I'm learning in the past few months.
On the other hand, I like going for long bike rides, watching good American sitcoms. I also have a good affinity towards technology. You could even call me a bit of geek. Oh and I like programming too.

First brush with Team-BHP:
It all started when I decided to get my first bike in my final year of college and with the usual confusion amongst the 150cc bike choices, started researching online, and it lead to our forum here. Ended buying the Honda Unicorn, a very practical and efficient workhorse for daily commute. Found it to be extremely reliable too. Various ownership threads here helped with the decision making process. Slowly, started checking out the other sub-forums/threads and was hooked.
Our family has 3 two wheelers and we did not have any car all this time. Decided to bring in a four wheeler. Started research on hatchbacks from July onwards. Ironically I had not received my first paycheck then After 6 months I finally zeroed in on Elite i20. Much thanks to the official reviews and ownership threads on the forum! Booking done and awaiting loan amount disbursal.

Interests in the automotive field:
It all started when I was kid, used to have dreams where in I would be driving cars where on just a button press wings would pop out and I would start flying. (In all honesty I blame this on the Jetsons cartoon that would come on TV in the 90's). My dad used to work at Hindustan Motors from when I was 7-8 years old and I used to hear a lot about the Lancer and Pajero. Growing up hearing about how good the Lancer was, I always have a soft corner for the car.
He worked in the Service department later on and was responsible for preparing and printing the workshop manuals and user manuals for the Lancer, Cedia, Pajero and other cars that were being made there. I still think I have the manuals for the car on some CD lying a dusty corner of my shelf. My dream car was and still is the Lancer Evo X. I even got a chance to see the car in the flesh when I visited the HM factory at Thiruvallur. What a machine that was!
I would buy a lancer in a heartbeat if it were still being made. Alas, it'll remain a dream I guess.

Looks like this might be one of the longer introductions in this section. Hopefully, I haven't forced some people to close the tab half way through. If you are still reading this then, here's hoping to interact with you all in the forum.

Safe driving everyone!
dvv
dvv is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 9th January 2015, 18:26   #2
Team-BHP Support

Re: Hello Team-BHP!

Hey Vignesh,

Welcome to Team-BHP. Like you, I have been a big fan of Mitsubishi cars. I own a Lancer and won't hesitate in stating that it's a great machine.

Anyway, it's good to know that you have zeroed in on the Elite i20. It's one of the best hatchbacks on sale at the moment. Drive safe.

See you on the forum.
Old 9th January 2015, 19:56   #3
dvv
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
Welcome to Team-BHP. Like you, I have been a big fan of Mitsubishi cars. I own a Lancer and won't hesitate in stating that it's a great machine.
Thank you for the kind welcome, Aditya. Happy to meet a fellow Mitsubishi enthusiast. I hope your Lancer is running great!
Old 12th January 2015, 13:42   #4
Team-BHP Support

With more time on the road, have you considered moving on to the Audio book genre? If not try it. Its worth it and it can considerably reduce your stress on the road and traffic. Especially with PG Wodehouse styled humor, narrated in a perfect way!
Old 15th January 2015, 13:00   #5
dvv
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
With more time on the road, have you considered moving on to the Audio book genre? If not try it. Its worth it and it can considerably reduce your stress on the road and traffic. Especially with PG Wodehouse styled humor, narrated in a perfect way!
I have tried out audio books, but somehow reading books the old fashioned way has its own charm for me. Moreover I tend to read books at a stretch, possibly even finishing 200 odd pages in a day. Cant sit for so long in a car can I now?
Old 19th January 2015, 16:51   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvv View Post
Hello Everyone!
My name is Vignesh, I'm 22, born in Madras and brought up in Chennai. v
Dear Vignesh, welcome to team-bhp from a fellow newbie. Let us know how the i20 is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvv View Post
I have tried out audio books, but somehow reading books the old fashioned way has its own charm for me. Moreover I tend to read books at a stretch, possibly even finishing 200 odd pages in a day. Cant sit for so long in a car can I now?
Well, I agree with you, reading a paperback book has its own charm. I remember the days reading out an entire book in a day. These days it takes a week to 10 days to finish a book depending on the length.
Old 19th January 2015, 17:01   #7
dvv
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaskar.guru View Post
Dear Vignesh, welcome to team-bhp from a fellow newbie. Let us know how the i20 is.
Thank you for your welcome. Yes a review and initial ownership thread has been planned. Will start penning my thoughts once I get a hold of the car sometime this week or early next week

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaskar.guru View Post
Well, I agree with you, reading a paperback book has its own charm. I remember the days reading out an entire book in a day. These days it takes a week to 10 days to finish a book depending on the length.
Yes I agree. Wish I could get a paid leave from work to read through my backlog of books
dvv is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks