Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 20th January 2015, 13:05   #1
BHPian

Hello Team-BHP!

Its been more than 5 years that I have been 'ogling' Team-BHP and finally decided the need to participate actively. I must say,being passive never felt so good, with the enormous amount of information available! I have been pretty lazy but better late than never. So here i am now !

Completing my Engineering in Computers in 2013 something still felt amiss. The conflict between the head and the heart will never cease. Atleast for me. And i still find myself struggling to find the path that will lead to enlightenment. My heart says 'Its going for a long drive' and my head says 'Its going for an MBA'.

The 'car' or rather any automobile caught my eager eyes when i must have been a couple of years old. Credit goes to my dad who worked for Telco (the then TATA Motors) at that time as a Marketing/Sales representative for commercial vehicles. I would religiously attend every auto/commercial expo with him be it Trucks,Buses,Cars,anything! Since that time, something moving on wheels has always caught my fancy. Our various vehicles starting from the humble M800 in the early 90's to the Tata Sumo, Tata Estate, Tata Mobile, Fiat Uno, Maruti Esteem VX (1998-2010), TVS Apache RTR 160(2009-present) and Chevrolet Spark LS LPG (2010-present) have all been very special.

With an insatiable desire for learning anything that came my way, i was fascinated by food,travel,technology,machines,cinema etc. If there is one really valuable that engineering taught me, it is making engineering a way of life; not confined to any particular subject of study. Having got an opportunity to undertake a cross-country road trip in Europe last year, I realized how beautiful the world actually is!

I have always considered Team-Bhp as the 'one stop shop' for all your automotive cravings.Looking forward to an enticing experience with the Team-Bhp fraternity!

Rohan Raj

Last edited by GTO : 20th January 2015 at 15:40. Reason: As per PM
dreamliner17 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th January 2015, 15:59   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hello Team-BHP!

Welcome to the forums Rohan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamliner17 View Post
Its been more than 5 years that I have been 'ogling' Team-BHP and finally decided the need to participate actively. I must say,being passive never felt so good, with the enormous amount of information available! I have been pretty lazy but better late than never. So here i am now !
Same here. Followed Team-BHP from its early years, but just joined in last year. Better late than never.

Quote:
I have always considered Team-Bhp as the 'one stop shop' for all your automotive cravings.
It sure is. You will find some of the most well informed people on the forums and rest assured, if you have any questions related to machines, the answer is probably here.
Old 21st January 2015, 08:25   #3
NOX

congrats man on your membership.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamliner17 View Post
Our various vehicles starting from the humble M800 in the early 90's to the Tata Sumo, Tata Estate, Tata Mobile, Fiat Uno, Maruti Esteem VX (1998-2010), TVS Apache RTR 160(2009-present) and Chevrolet Spark LS LPG (2010-present) have all been very special.

Rohan Raj
That's a nice history of Indian cars through the 90's you got there.
Estate was one of a unique one
Old 21st January 2015, 13:34   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tushar View Post
Welcome to the forums Rohan!
Thank you for the welcome Tushar !

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOX View Post
congrats man on your membership.
That's a nice history of Indian cars through the 90's you got there.
Estate was one of a unique one
Thank you for the welcome NOX !
The Estate and Mobile were very unique. Although my dad was very grumpy about the vehicles back then , due to the coarse nature of the engines and the discomfort of being almost truck-like to drive, i used to like the cars for a very different purpose. I used to enjoy the space in the Estate and play around considering the sheer size of the car as my home and in the Mobile , i would pull open the Velcro straps at the back gate of the Mobile and sit inside along with my friends whenever rain would disrupt our play in the evening.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks