Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 29th January 2015, 02:25   #1
BANNED

Happy member of an addictive club!

This is the only reaction i can imagine after seeing the approval from Moderators (Sincere Thanks to our Mods). Having got 3 arrears before landing here, i was not expecting the approval and was literally ready for one more failure.
First mail I checked today morning from office was the approval mail.. What a feeling it was.!

I am an IT professional from Salem,TN which is my native but now moved to Chennai with family.
My obsession with cars started when i was 15 when my school van driver asked me " Do you want to learn driving ? " without hesitation I said yes.

And the first vehicle in which i learned Driving was a Mahindra Van. We started with a group 3 guys to start learning and it was prestige issue during those ages to learn fast. I still remember those days when our van driver used to scold us very badly in front of all the girls if we stall the vehicle in 1st gear. After an initial struggle i learnt it two weeks and was able to drive it alone in main roads(Now i realize how stupid i have been with the lives of 20-30 people in van..!)

Time rolled on and i got the license once i was eligible and the first car i ever drove alone was Fiat 1100.. I was smiling like a model in tooth paste ad and was thinking as if driving a Fighter Jet.

My college ride was a TVS star city a reliable work horse and after the job the first bike change was Yamaha FZ15. My bike was the first to be delivered in Salem and my photo was published in local news papers and tv channels and I became a star in our place overnight..!

Got a job and immediately onsite to Sydney and driving kick started with full sized Toyota Camry brand new for rent. There i drove lot of cars Ford Falcon XR6 (in which i was caught over speeding which i could not resist), Mitsubishi Outlander and Nissan Xtrail but basically was a zero on the mechanics and was dumb even to speak about them.

Once i was back to Chennai saw some cars with a strange yellow sticker at the back saying LiveToDrive. Checked that website and browsed it.. Rest of the story till now will be same for every one here and it needs no explanation

I currently own RE CL350 black and Ocean blue used WagonR.
Once again thanks for Mods for letting me in to be a part of this wonderful forum.

As always,
Keep Revving.

Regards,
Ragav J
AMDB9 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th January 2015, 13:15   #2
BHPian

re: Happy member of an addictive club!

Hey Ragav,

Congrats on your entry here !

I'm sure you will enjoy your time and get great information as well.

Likewise, useful contributions from you shall be great.

Have a great time around.
nandans2005 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th January 2015, 17:05   #3
BANNED

Re: Happy member of an addictive club!

Thanks a lot nandans2005.
Sure, I will be giving my useful contributions to our forum from where I have learned a lot.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks