Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 29th January 2015, 21:04   #1
BHPian

Thrilled to be here finally!

Hola!Greetings from another run of the mill IT guy.A big thank you to the moderators for accepting my registration.Now a quick introduction and a little background.

I was born in erstwhile Bihar,now Jharkhand and currently i am based in namma Bengaluru.In my spare time you would find me reading,watching movies or gaming- i am a self confessed gaming addict,though it has weaned off a little lately.

Me and my brother have been diehard petrol heads since we were kids.We drove our first two wheeler-a bajaj Chetak when we were in class 4 and 5 respectively! Drove my first car for 30 kms- by stealing away a white ambassador belonging to our driver.Though in retrospect,it was dangerous and juvenile,i could never forget the adrenaline rush as i slotted the car in first gear and drove out with soft music and some friends to parts unknown!My exhilaration was cut short when i banged it on return on my neighbor's car(sorry!),while reversing and he made sure that my parents heard about it.

Thus started my bitter sweet love affair,albeit it was one sided and soon to be a long distance one at that!
I topped away till my 10th and went out of home for further studies.This kept me out of touch from cars in general for 8 agonizing long years.

During vacations whenever i reached home,i would look at the cars parked,with a drooling tongue and longing eyes,but since i never got a license,was never allowed to take them out.My brother would try to give me the wheels whenever he got a chance, he still does!, but it was never enough.

Fast forward to 2013- here i was, a 24 year old professional who loves cars,but has belted less then 100 kms on 4 wheels till date!To top it up i was engaged to my traveloholic girlfriend of 6 years then,8 now and we are supposed to get married soon.

It was getting painstakingly frustrating for us to wait for a friend with a car to get free so we could go out on trips,grocery trips on my old R15 weren't helping matters either.(We detest autos).Marathon bike rides just didn't cut it for us a couple due to the general lack of comfort and safety.Maximum we dared was 386Kms in a day.

So after much discussion and fights we decided that it is high time for us to get a car.Since we were both are novices,we thought we would buy a pre worshipped automatic,preferably a hatchback. So we saved and saved some more. Fsat forward to 1st January 2015,we booked a Mahindra XUV500 w8 FWD.The detailed intermediate story is for the ownership thread.

It is sufficient to say that a dilapidated Skoda,lovely drives,some more savings,a helpful friend and this forum helped us seal the deal, and we booked ourselves our black cheetah,yet to be christened with a delivery date of February end,this year.

Special thanks to .anshuman,SDP,dhanushmenon debuda and J Ravi sir whose awesome travelogues and detailed ownership threads were of immense help to us.

Finally proud to be a member of this vibrant community and look forward to wonderful interactions and experiences as we proceed forward together.

Last edited by GTO : 30th January 2015 at 15:35. Reason: Spacing :)
TrailBlazer007 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 29th January 2015, 23:45   #2
BHPian

Congrats and welcome on board. I exactly know how it feels for a petrolhead to drive a car for the first time. Congrats on booking the Cheetah too. Though you could have gone for the AWD, you don't know when it might come handy.
Have a nice stay.
Neel

Last edited by petrolhead_neel : 29th January 2015 at 23:47.
petrolhead_neel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th January 2015, 09:57   #3
BHPian

Re: Thrilled to be here finally!

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrolhead_neel View Post
Congrats and welcome on board. Though you could have gone for the AWD, you don't know when it might come handy.
Have a nice stay.
Neel
Thank you neel! I considered AWD initially but we already had overshot our budget by 5 million Rs,hence we contended ourselves with the FWD.
Old 30th January 2015, 16:14   #4
Team-BHP Support

Re: Thrilled to be here finally!

Hey TrailBlazer,

Welcome to Team-BHP. A white Ambassador was also the car that I was driving as an 18 year old - simply because no one else at home wanted to drive it. Moved on to other cars with time.

Great to know that Team-BHP helped you in choosing your new car.

Trust you have familiarised yourself with the Forum Rules.

See you on the forum.
Aditya is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks