Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 18th March 2015, 04:41   #1
BHPian

Team-BHP a.k.a LIFE

Hello BHPians,
I am super-excited to contribute my first post for my LIFE a.k.a team-bhp.

My love for cars could be traced back to 15 years when my father subscribed for automotive magazines and i spent more time turning the pages of them than my mathematics textbook.My father is the biggest car-freak i have ever seen, he took us to places across length and breadth of southern India in our not-so-reliable 1974 model Premier Padmini which was later accompanied by maruti esteem in 1997,both of which are still there.While Esteem is still being used on a reguar basis,the old horse Premier Padmini is doing what it is best at - resting

Speaking about my life a.k.a team-bhp,It all started just-less-than-a-decade ago in the cyber café's of "Bengaluru" where boys of my age used to gather in numbers to play counter-strike over LAN and i would be the only one gazing at the 14" CRT monitors with pictures of modified Mitsubishi lancer all over the screen. The trend continued after i got an internet connection at home and i was among the first one in my class in my college to get a smartphone and within a couple of days team-bhp launched its android app and i "religiously" followed team-bhp in the last benches of my class and ended up behind yet another 14" LCD monitor as a software engineer. There is "at least" one tab of team-bhp when i am working on the computer,it acts as red bull to me, it keeps me refreshed from my monotonous work if not gives-me-wings!If i had a track of my number of visits to team-bhp ,i am pretty sure that the number would have exceeded all the other websites combined.

When it comes to Cars,SUV's have always had a special place in my heart. This special place was dominated by Hummer,H3 to be precise.Of all the cars i have driven till now,the car which i enjoyed driving the most - Mercedes-Benz A-Class A 200 CDI,the combination of paddle-shifts and sports mode was an absolutely thrilling experience .One car that i would love to have in my garage is Mitsubishi Pajero 2.8(Previous gen)with a snorkel,a bull bar,a pair of light force lights,a 45mm lift to the suspension,a mini-ladder on its 5th door and AT tyres,apart from the never-ending wish list of absolutely-lovely machines where the pole position is grabbed by a Lamborghini Aventador with Capristo exhaust.

The addition of a new car to my family is around-the-corner and i shall be starting an ownership thread on it.Special thanks to all the Moderators,support and every member of team-bhp for their contribution to the best thing ever happened to me - team-bhp.
PS : The next time i update my resume i will mention under my achievements that i got my team-bhp membership in my first attempt .
Zahoor23 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 18th March 2015, 15:10   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Team-BHP a.k.a LIFE

Quote:
Originally Posted by zahoor23 View Post
Hello BHPians,
I am super-excited to contribute my first post for my LIFE a.k.a team-bhp.

PS : The next time i update my resume i will mention under my achievements that i got my team-bhp membership in my first attempt .
Hello zahoor23,

Welcome to the Team-BHP Community. Your love for cars and Team-BHP really shows in your writing, no wonder your membership was approved in the first attempt

Quote:
When it comes to Cars,SUV's have always had a special place in my heart. This special place was dominated by Hummer,H3 to be precise.
Interesting choice. Not many people I know are fond of the H3.

Quote:
The addition of a new car to my family is around-the-corner and i shall be starting an ownership thread on it.
Have you already made the purchase? Which car is it? Looking forward to your initial ownership review.
S2!!! is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2015, 16:54   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2!!! View Post
Hello zahoor23,
Welcome to the Team-BHP Community. Your love for cars and Team-BHP really shows in your writing, no wonder your membership was approved in the first attempt
Hello S2!!!
Thank you,i have closely followed your beautifully written ownership thread of grand i10 1.2 sportz when i was helping one of my friend to make a purchase decision of his first car and later Hyundai had +1 customer to its grand i10 list

Quote:
Interesting choice. Not many people I know are fond of the H3.
No doubt H2 is a more robust HUMMER than H3,but IMHO H3 is more versatile,pocket-friendly and loved by the environment (more MPG).

Quote:
Have you already made the purchase? Which car is it? Looking forward to your initial ownership review.
Not yet,XUV 5oo is on the cards,I shall definitely start an ownership thread the day i make the purchase.

Last edited by Rehaan : 19th March 2015 at 12:50. Reason: Fixing quote :)
Zahoor23 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2015, 12:54   #4
Team-BHP Support

Welcome aboard Zahoor23!

What took you so long to sign up, and then another 10 months to post your intro?

When posting here, please do leave spaces after punctuation marks. See point (2) in THIS THREAD before continuing.

Thanks,
R
Old 19th March 2015, 16:52   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Hello BHPians,
I am super-excited to contribute my first post for my LIFE a.k.a team-bhp.....
Better late than never . Awaiting the ownership reviews from your end. Welcome aboard!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
Welcome aboard Zahoor23!

What took you so long to sign up, and then another 10 months to post your intro?

When posting here, please do leave spaces after punctuation marks. See point (2) in THIS THREAD before continuing.

Thanks,
R
Exactly my thoughts! Im guessing, till some years ago (2010 ?), the registration process was pretty straightforward and there wasn't any screening as we do now which means we get only true blue automobile aficionados onboard

Cheerio,
-Shivang Gandotra
Old 19th March 2015, 21:02   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
Welcome aboard Zahoor23!

Thanks,
R
Hello Rehaan,
As MetalBuff mentioned "Better late than never"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalBuff View Post
Better late than never . Awaiting the ownership reviews from your end. Welcome aboard!

Exactly my thoughts! Im guessing, till some years ago (2010 ?), the registration process was pretty straightforward and there wasn't any screening as we do now which means we get only true blue automobile aficionados onboard

Cheerio,
-Shivang Gandotra
Hello MetalBuff,

That's "ONE AMONG" the thousand things that separates Team-BHP from others. I remember an ol' friend of mine telling me "dude, look at the quality of posts on team-BHP man it has a class of its own"
Old 23rd March 2015, 13:59   #7
BHPian

Welcome aboard zahoor23!
Interesting choice of words, looking forward for your ownership thread.
Old 23rd March 2015, 20:39   #8
BHPian

Hi Zahoor23,

Welcome aboard and enjoy your stay. Do share an ownership review of your good old Premier Padmini as well.

cheers.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks