Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 15th April 2015, 18:26   #1
BHPian

Team-BHP Membership APPROVED (twice)!

Finally... I get to say "Hello" to the great souls(Read car owners and experts) who helped me decide on my First new car (which also happens to be my first car).

Hi,
this is Vikki here. I am 25 and work as a software developer in Bangalore. Team BHP has always been my second tab in my browser window since i joined my job(please don't tell my boss).

Have been aspiring to get a car since then and something would always hinder the process. I never gave up on buying my own car and on joining Team BHP. So thanks for approving my membership.

I have driven Maruti 800, Alto, Santo and Peugeot 309 but never owned them. It gives me immense please to start two wonderful journeys at the same time and hope I can handle them both with all your support.

Thanks
ANewExperience is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 15th April 2015, 18:42   #2
BHPian

re: Team-BHP Membership APPROVED (twice)!

Hello Vikki,

Welcome Aboard this wonderful forum. Nice introduction, but the title says "Twice", wondering what is the reason?. Also do go through the rules of the forum, not that anything's amiss in your first post. Also try to put up your ownership report and details of your first car.

Once again, Hearty welcome and keep revvin'
Mahesh Prasad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th April 2015, 18:52   #3
BHPian

Hi Mahesh,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahesh Prasad View Post
Nice introduction, but the title says "Twice", wondering what is the reason?. Also do go through the rules of the forum, not that anything's amiss in your first post. Also try to put up your ownership report and details of your first car.

Once again, Hearty welcome and keep revvin'
Thanks for your message. I got two approval mails in a short span(3 minutes), that's why twice . And yes, I did go through the rules so many times because this was my second time applying for the membership and this time I really needed your support guys as i am entering a new journey.

Regarding the car , i Have booked a Grand i20 SportZ diesel and expecting delivery anytime soon(less than 10 days)

By the way, I was so close to booking Swift or polo but settled for this.
Old 15th April 2015, 19:30   #4
BHPian

Welcome to the tribe Vikki. Do post some pics of your new ride!
RiGOD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th April 2015, 20:05   #5
BHPian

Welcome on board! Hope you have a 'turbocharged' experience here.
The mods must have wanted you so badly they sent not one, but two approval mails. Just guessing
Quote:
Originally Posted by ANewExperience View Post
Regarding the car , i Have booked a Grand i20 SportZ diesel and expecting delivery anytime soon
An elite i20 or a grand i10?

See you around!
Turbo_asd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th April 2015, 21:25   #6
BHPian

Thanks Turbo and RiGOD,

Its Elite i20 ! So excited about being in the forum that i am forgetting the car i booked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo_asd View Post
Welcome on board! Hope you have a 'turbocharged' experience here.
The mods must have wanted you so badly they sent not one, but two approval mails. Just guessing

An elite i20 or a grand i10?

See you around!
And sure I will post some picturess as soon as I am allowed to...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiGOD View Post
Welcome to the tribe Vikki. Do post some pics of your new ride!

Last edited by Technocrat : 15th April 2015 at 22:51. Reason: typo corrected, thanks
Old 15th April 2015, 21:56   #7
BANNED

Quote:
Finally...

Thanks
Hello Vikki,

I remember being just as excited as you are when my application was accepted (Jan 2014) and promptly writing off an introduction too!

Your enthusiasm is entirely justified - Team-Bhp is without doubt the best forum of its kind in the country. And I speak with a tad more assurance than most - you see, I'm 63 today, and have been a dedicated gearhead since I could spot the difference between a Fiat Topolino and a Renault Dauphine!

Welcome to the club, you couldn't have made a better choice.
shashanka is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 15th April 2015, 22:09   #8
BHPian

Hi shashanka

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashanka View Post
And I speak with a tad more assurance than most - you see, I'm 63 today, and have been a dedicated gearhead since I could spot the difference between a Fiat Topolino and a Renault Dauphine!

Welcome to the club, you couldn't have made a better choice.
Thanks a lot sir. I know it would have been difficult for a guy like me from rural background to get a lot of opinions from my family circle. And certainly impossible for me to get yours and other enthusiasts opinion without being here. See, not just me but none of my friends and family knew what Topolino or Dauphine was Even i googled it too

For me ambassador and Premier Padmini are vintage
ANewExperience is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th April 2015, 12:45   #9
BHPian

Re: Team-BHP Membership APPROVED (twice)!

Quote:

Regarding the car , i Have booked a Grand i20 SportZ diesel and expecting delivery anytime soon(less than 10 days)

By the way, I was so close to booking Swift or polo but settled for this.
Mine is an opposite case. I was close to booking the Elite i20 but went for the Polo Highline instead. Once smitten by the German beauty and there was no going back.
Mahesh Prasad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th April 2015, 14:32   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Team BHP has always been my second tab in my browser window since i joined my job(please don't tell my boss).

I am telling your boss.

Welcome to the Forum Vicky and good to see a prominent mention of the Peugeot 309.
Hope you get to share many automotive info with the forum and likewise the forum helps you in selecting and owning your first set of wheels!!
arnabchak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th April 2015, 15:01   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnabchak View Post
I am telling your boss.

Welcome to the Forum Vicky and good to see a prominent mention of the Peugeot 309.
Hope you get to share many automotive info with the forum and likewise the forum helps you in selecting and owning your first set of wheels!!
Hi Arnab,
How can i forget Peugeot 309 It will be always one of the best cars i have driven. Still cant remember feeling any kind of discomfort while driving that. And i hope I can be as valuable as you guys are when it comes to cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahesh Prasad View Post
Mine is an opposite case. I was close to booking the Elite i20 but went for the Polo Highline instead. Once smitten by the German beauty and there was no going back.
Mahesh,

Totally agree with you. I was juggling between Maruti and Hyundai because its low maintenance and ease of access in my town. It it was for city use, I would have definitely gone for polo too.
Old 16th April 2015, 15:12   #12
BHPian

Welcome to TBHP!
I'm sure you'll have your own car to drive around soon enough!
Why don't you consider buying a pre-owned car in great condition. With the help of team bhpians, a used car would be pretty cheap to maintain as well
dumdum is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th April 2015, 16:07   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumdum View Post
Why don't you consider buying a pre-owned car in great condition. With the help of team bhpians, a used car would be pretty cheap to maintain as well
Trust me. I started with a 2-3 lac budget and began looking for used cars here. After 3 months and few hundred revisions, I ended up with i20
Old 15th May 2015, 16:32   #14
BANNED

Hi Vikki!

Welcome to the world of automotive knowledge hub. This is the place I have learnt about lot of my interests from bikes, cars and trucks. The gurus who give needy people the much needed support on a range of subjects. Its like living in an encyclopedia of automobiles.

Congratulations on the new car choice. I wish you miles of smiles.

Siddeeq.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 15th May 2015 at 16:34. Reason: Improved readability.
BIKE MANIAC is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks