Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th May 2015, 00:12   #1
BHPian

Introduction - Meccanico

My membership was approved today (kudos to GTO) and I could not wait to post my first thread. It feels amazing to be a part of such a large community knowing that everyone around you shares the same passion. I am 19 years old and am currently studying Aeronautical Engineering at City University, London.

I have always had a deep connection with cars even when my feet would not reach the pedals from the seat. I never really read any books or novels; all I ever read was about cars and engineering stuff. I used to sit in the front seat and observe my dad drive. So finally when it was my turn to drive a car it did not take long to learn. I am a die hard Formula One fan and have been following it closely since I was around 10 years old. Everything about Formula One excites me - the technology, the speed, the passion.

I spent nearly an year working in a professional car garage as an intern and it was the most fun I had while not driving. I love to work on machines in general and that is how I spend most of my free time.

I currently drive a 2006 Corolla 1.8l but am planning to buy a new car soon. I am an avid biker and enjoy thrashing my Duke 200 as well. Track days are something I enjoy the most. I'm all about racing lines, apexes and trimming lap times.

I am sure this is going to be a great ride. Cheers to every BHPian!
Meccanico is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 12th May 2015, 08:30   #2
BHPian

Re: Introduction - Meccanico

Welcome onboard! It is nice too have you here with us
I'd really love to here about your experience working in a garage.

The What Car? section will be your favourite forum till you finish scouting for a new car. Remember to check it out.

Lastly, hope you have a turbocharged experience revving with us!
Old 12th May 2015, 14:12   #3
BHPian

I will post about my experience sometime. It feels great to be aboard Thank you so much!
Old 12th May 2015, 15:23   #4
Team-BHP Support

Welcome to Team-BHP Meccanico.

Track driving is surely addictive. You are lucky to be in the UK - there are race tracks all over the place.

I too enjoy working with machines. Did a lot of DIY and repairing until recently.

See you on the forum.
Old 12th May 2015, 15:36   #5
Team-BHP Support

Welcome aboard Meccanico!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meccanico View Post
I spent nearly an year working in a professional car garage as an intern and it was the most fun I had while not driving.
That sounds awesome! Where was this / which garage / how did you get them to take you on as an 'intern'?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meccanico View Post
I am an avid biker and enjoy thrashing my Duke 200 as well. Track days are something I enjoy the most.
Where do you go for these? Anything around Pune?

See you around,
R
Old 13th May 2015, 18:28   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
Welcome aboard Meccanico!

That sounds awesome! Where was this / which garage / how did you get them to take you on as an 'intern'?

R
It was a garage here in London. The student visa allows you to work 20 hours a week. I enquired if they were willing to take me in and as I was not looking to be paid they were ready. So basically I learnt stuff instead of getting money.

The go-kart track in Kharadi is the only track in Pune if I am not wrong. We often go there as it is the only option.

@Aditya Yeah, it is true that there are several race tracks in the UK. However I hardly ever find the time to go for a track day. (Driving license issues are another story) There is however an indoor go-kart track near where I live, where I have been two or three times. I will definitely click pictures the next time I go.
Meccanico is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks