Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 22nd May 2015, 17:49   #1

Hello Team-BHP!

Hello BHPians!

I'm Kamlesh from New Delhi, I'm also known as Kam in my friend circles. Born and brought up in Uttarakhand (Kumaon hills) and wandering across India / Some other countries since 1998. I have been in a 'read-only' mode on team-bhp since 2007 and have read many discussions happening here intermittently.

I have been so used to coming on team-bhp that I almost thought that I was a member already and even looked up my mailbox to search for my user ID / password before applying for membership. Almost got rejected in my maiden attempt, thanks to @GTO for evaluating my subsequent membership request.

About myself - I learnt driving in 1996 using my dad's Mahindra MM540 jeep in Uttarakhand. Subsequently I learnt riding two wheelers starting with a Bajaj Chetak in 1998.

I own a Skoda Fabia (Petrol 1.2) & 2 Royal Enfields (One Machismo LB500 and another TBird 350), all of these vehicles have been used to long distance riding/driving as well as daily commuting. I also happen to be a member of Royal Beasts (Bullet Club from Delhi) & BikeNomads motorcycle clubs. I have traveled from Ladakh to KanyaKumari using my enfields and have many great memories from my travel. My Fabia has been a constant companion since 2011 and other than the daily office commute from Dwarka to Gurgaon it has also done multiple journeys across Uttarakhand and Himachal Pradesh.

Though I have traveled to many places, the list of places where I'd like to go and the journeys I'd like to undertake is still so very long. Hoping that I'd run into some of you folks during one of the forthcoming drives / rides.

It's a pleasure to be here on Team-BHP with like minded folks and auto lovers, hoping that I'd be able to participate and contribute here.

Cheers!
Kam
kamdrider is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2015, 18:36   #2
Team-BHP Support

Re: Hello Team-BHP!

Welcome kamdrider. Would love to hear about your cross-country rides. There are many travel crazy folks in this forum. One more just got added ! All the best.

Last edited by ampere : 23rd May 2015 at 20:14.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th May 2015, 00:13   #3
BHPian

Welcome to another fellow Bulleteer. Do go by the rules. See you elsewhere on the forum. Have a nice stay.

Cheers,
Neel
petrolhead_neel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th May 2015, 17:05   #4

Thanks @ampere & @petrolhead_neel.

@petrolhead_neel - Good to see another bulleteer, hoping to find some previously known bulleteers here again.
Old 26th May 2015, 11:11   #5

Welcome to the forum, kamdrider!

A very crisp and comprehensive introduction, I must say. It would be nice to hear about your travel stories to Kanyakumari, and other travelogues for sure. I have also done several trips to Dehradun, Nainital and Haldwani area in my Etios Liva.

Get familiar with the forum rules for a smoother experience, if you aren't yet!

Regards,
Niku
Niku is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th May 2015, 13:22   #6

Thanks @Niku!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niku View Post
It would be nice to hear about your travel stories to Kanyakumari, and other travelogues for sure.
Sure, will do that over here some day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niku View Post
I have also done several trips to Dehradun, Nainital and Haldwani area in my Etios Liva.
Good to know that. I have my family base in Haldwani so I also keep on frequenting the place from time to time on my Fabia. Also, I have my engineering college connection with Dehradun so have driven to Dun also a couple of times.
Old 27th May 2015, 18:13   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamdrider View Post
Hello BHPians!

I also happen to be a member of Royal Beasts (Bullet Club from Delhi) & BikeNomads motorcycle clubs.
Kam
Dear Kamlesh

Welcome to the Forum.
Have been a member of the Nomads since a long time and have faithful steeds in my Fiero F2 and the evergreen "Java Roadking 250".

Have done numerous road trips including Goa and other locations on shoe string budgets with the Nomads.

However, the biking bug is rested and rusted post marriage now .
Enjoy your stay and happy driving and revving!!
Old 28th May 2015, 13:41   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnabchak View Post
Dear Kamlesh

Welcome to the Forum.
Have been a member of the Nomads since a long time and have faithful steeds in my Fiero F2 and the evergreen "Java Roadking 250".
Thanks @arnabchak! Happy to see fellow BNer here. I was there in the 1st BN ride / meet in Goa, not sure if we met then.

Quote:
However, the biking bug is rested and rusted post marriage now
Lol, I also haven't been riding much off late but still manage to do 5K-10K every year. I guess some of my rides have got converted to drives, so still okay.
Old 29th May 2015, 15:39   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks @arnabchak! Happy to see fellow BNer here. I was there in the 1st BN ride / meet in Goa, not sure if we met then..
Dont know if we met.
i can tell you that the group was on a shoe string budget.
We started from Mumbai in a group of 5. Another Biker joined us from Pune and we were 6 from Mahad.

Night halt was at a modest Dattatray Lodge in Ratnagiri and a night sleep on the Anjuna beach in Goa!!

What fun remembering those days now.

Quote:
Lol, I also haven't been riding much off late but still manage to do 5K-10K every year. I guess some of my rides have got converted to drives, so still okay.
You are still lucky dude!! 5-10K a year is still great stuff!!
Old 1st June 2015, 12:16   #10

Quote:

Night halt was at a modest Dattatray Lodge in Ratnagiri and a night sleep on the Anjuna beach in Goa!!

What fun remembering those days now.
I think we had stopped near Baga beach in the 2006 BN ride and don't remember sleeping on the Anjuna beach part so it seems we may have been on separate trips. Those were really good days!
Old 1st June 2015, 13:13   #11
BHPian

Hi Kamlesh, welcome to the ever-growing community of car enthusiasts spreading great all-round awareness. Please read the rules of the forum and drive/ride responsibly for your health and others. Cheers
sumzup is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks