Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th June 2015, 16:46   #1
BHPian

Greetings BHPians, from the South

Hello all you BHPians in India, and around the globe.
I am living in South Africa, and have followed Team-BHP for a while. I have an interest in the Indian auto industry, and as some Indian vehicles are sold in SA, I will update you guys in the Motherland on how things are going here, especially on the Mahindra and Tata fronts. Also, I am sure I will be expressing my opinions about Indian cars as well, so hopefully a foreign, non-Indian perspective on your vehicles may be refreshing.
Until then, bye for now!
Sir Lancelot is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th June 2015, 17:35   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Greetings BHPians, from the South

Interesting, a member all the way from ZA & I assume the first from there as well. Welcome to the boards. Would also like to know what are the popular brands in South Africa, i.e the top 2-3 & the top selling models of theirs. From a few articles I read it seems to be Ford, Hyundai & Toyota that are mentioned quite a lot.

We indeed need more members from other countries so that we can verify how brands build their models locally vis-a-vis international ones, often in India build-quality and safety equipment are sacrificed for better pricing.
dark.knight is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2015, 15:26   #3
Senior - BHPian

Welcome to the family Sir Lancelot! Your insights on the products of our homegrown manufacturers in global markets are something I'm looking forward to. Do share some posts on the automotive industry in South Africa in general when you get a chance. We're always looking to learn something new.
Tushar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2015, 16:49   #4
BHPian

Thanks Gents for the welcomes. BTW, In the International section of the forum I have posted the monthly sales for May 2015 for Tata and Mahindra models in SA. It is currently awaiting moderation. Will share all the info I learn about Indian autos here in SA over time. Go well!
Sir Lancelot is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks