Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd July 2015, 21:15   #1

Hi BHPians

Hi Everyone,

I’m GC. After many attempts at obtaining membership with Team-bhp, and failing at most of them my registration finally got approved. Thanks for the approval. However, I believe the hard work is totally worth the effort. Thank you Mods for keeping a strict watch on folks trying to register and ensuring only the diehard get here
I’m currently at the Millennium City of Gurgaon and work with Standard & Poor’s. I love my job and the city since it’s in my fatherland – Haryana.
I’ve owned a Fiat Palio and Hyundai Santro prior to the Ford Figo and am currently working to realize my childhood dream of owning an Army vehicle (MM 550 XD3P).
I love cars and everything about them. Everyone in my family is practically in the forces (Army or Navy). Hence I have had the distinguished privilege of a strict, disciplined army up-bringing and have spent most of my childhood on Army bases and everything that comes with them.
I have been following pretty much everything on Team-bhp for some years now and i'm glad to be here now!!! Hopefully will get a lot of help for my MM 550 Project.
Chauhan_1983 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 4th July 2015, 15:10   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Hi BHPians

Welcome Chauhan! Great to have you with us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chauhan_1983 View Post
am currently working to realize my childhood dream of owning an Army vehicle (MM 550 XD3P).
As someone who owns an 18 year old Mahindra Jeep, I'd suggest you pick up a used Thar instead. Restoring an old Jeep requires a lot of time & effort and even then, few builds end up with truly high quality. You'll find the MM550 to be too crude and too basic. Odds are, it won't be reliable either. If you want a superb build with top-class reliability, you'll easily spend the kind of money that'll get you a used Thar. You can see where I'm going .

Do search through the 4x4 forum. There's some healthy debates on this topic.

Happy 4-wheeling!
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2015, 11:53   #3
KPS
Distinguished - BHPian

Welcome to the Forum.

Since you work in Standard and Poor's, I am sure you will agree that the "Devil is always in the details".

Having read so many posts here on TBHP, on the extensive restoration and registration troubles plus the cost of restoration of the MM550, Ex-military, I would advice you take GTO's advice seriously and look for a used Thar.

Cheers

KPS
Old 6th July 2015, 19:59   #4

@GTO
Thank you for the kind words. This is the kind of opinion and insight I wanted to receive before i embarked on such a project. I had very little idea about the time and effort required for such a build. I don't want this to turn in to an activity which fizzles out in a matter of days. I shall consider your advise seriously and explore Thar options as well.

@ KPS I completely agree with you Sir..the devil is always in the details . Working with this Esteemed Organization reinforces this in me everyday. Like you stated,a used Thar would embody a daily drive hassle free vehicle, which is what I'm looking for.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks