Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 20th August 2015, 12:24   #1
BHPian

What can I say - I am just different

There are few things in life money can't buy and one of them is this membership

Before i talk about myself, let's talk a little about this forum and the chain of events which enabled me to write my first post

The Past

It has been three years since I'm addicted to this forum. Don't even remember how i first got introduced to it, maybe a friend maybe internet, but whatever it was it couldn't have done me greater harm (pun intended). From constantly checking this forum in office, to buying a big screen phone to keep reading even when not in front of laptops to finding peace among the travelogues during the toughest phase of my life and to be able to dream of travelling and shaping it up with the advises on this forum.

Others Google, i just "Tbhp"

People (the ones who have suffered from my extensive Tbhp link on just anything and everything) often asked why am i not part of this forum, well some of it was the fear of being rejected. It's like your first love you are always afraid of confronting it the first time.

The Present

Finally at the start of this month amidst chaos in office, to have my "Quantum of Solace", I just typed in my thoughts for the membership questions and then began the self-bashing as to why didn't i double check it and try to make it better, but then it was written from heart. The long anxious and nervous wait started- constantly checking my emails, worrying whether it's syncing or not, getting of jealous of new members Introductions (no hard feeling towards them though) and finally it came on 5th Aug. Read the email twice that it says "Approved" still double checked by logging in. Kaash koi us waqt humse puch leta - Aaj khush to bahut hoge tum?

Myself

Coming to myself, i am Damani..Kunal Damani (sorry for the dots mod but need to give the 007 effect), roots in rajasthan, born and half brought up in Jharkhand, college in Kolkata and for last 8 years making Bangalore as my home and at heart an Indian.

Been 2 years in catering, 5 years in Real Estate and currently in Retail industry for last 5 years across functions of Reporting, Analytic and operations.

My likings

The love for travel is supreme, followed by car and bike (though not as great knowledge as many of the members here) and a host of other hobbies as phases of life. Be it reading (murder mysteries, crime thriller, court room drama - have a 300 book library at home and aiming to grow it to 1000), movies both hollywood and Bollywood and obviously 007, TV series (dont have patience so just downloaded, recorded or bought stuff), occasional Shayari, cooking (off late have been lazy in it) and of course reading TeamBHP.

The Automobile History

And yeah, as of now I don't own a car, planning to have one by end of year though have extensively driven Zen, Omni, Swift, Aveo, Verna, Scorpio and XUV. Currently a proud owner of RE with 25000 kms under the belt within 2 years.

Finally my TBHP is The Behemoth Harmonical Partisan

The - The
Behemoth - large and powerful family with
Harmonical - contrasting yet co-existing views which is
Partisan - devoted to a cause

Guess it's already too long so see you guys on one or other thread

The Future

Coming up next, my travelogue on 7200 kms across 6 states in 11 days in a Zoom scorpio and before i sign off a few words from my pen

Mere dil ki baat koi samajh nahi pata
Main ehsaas likhta hun, woh alfaaz padhte hain

Cheers
KD

Last edited by GTO : 20th August 2015 at 16:29. Reason: Rule #11 :)
KD007 is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 20th August 2015, 13:39   #2
Team-BHP Support

re: What can I say - I am just different

Nice intro, welcome aboard!!!!
Old 20th August 2015, 15:16   #3
Senior - BHPian

Re: What can I say - I am just different

Quote:
Originally Posted by KD007 View Post

Mere dil ki baat koi samajh nahi pata
Main ehsaas likhta hun, woh alfaaz padhte hain
Fellow TBHPian actually reads between lines (ehsaas) when we write a post (alfaaz). Perhaps we all have some common strand in our DNA. Welcome aboard KD!
sourabhzen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2015, 16:28   #4
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Enjoyed reading your intro. Welcome to Team-BHP, Kunal!

Quote:
Others Google, i just "Tbhp"

Quote:
Coming up next, my travelogue on 7200 kms across 6 states in 11 days in a Zoom scorpio and before i sign off a few words from my pen
Look forward! You clearly know how to write .

Bangalore has a lots of meetups, drives & rides. Join in on the fun there.
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2015, 16:50   #5
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
... and before i sign off a few words from my pen
This may interest you

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...oems-here.html
Eddy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st August 2015, 19:58   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Thank you Eddy. My second post was on poem's thread and I intend to keep adding there. After a long time have started writing hopefully the streak continues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Enjoyed reading your intro. Welcome to Team-BHP, Kunal!

Look forward! You clearly know how to write .

Bangalore has a lots of meetups, drives & rides. Join in on the fun there.
There was one part of my intro which i didn't write. It was about "What would i strive for? " The answer was to have an appreciation from you

Coming from you GTO, this means a lot for me. Thank you and i am unable to erase the smile on my face.

Last edited by Eddy : 22nd August 2015 at 17:22. Reason: Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!
Old 22nd August 2015, 10:30   #7
BHPian

Hi Kunal welcome onboard. Nice to know another retail professional .
Old 22nd August 2015, 18:47   #8
KPS
Distinguished - BHPian

Nice introduction KD007. Welcome aboard to TBHP. You have all the qualities of a successful Bangalorean

1. Exposure across West, East and now South
Quote:
roots in rajasthan, born and half brought up in Jharkhand, college in Kolkata and for last 8 years making Bangalore as my home and at heart an Indian.
2. Worked across industry
Quote:
Been 2 years in catering, 5 years in Real Estate and currently in Retail industry for last 5 years across functions of Reporting, Analytic and operations.
3. Biker and RE
Quote:
Currently a proud owner of RE with 25000 kms under the belt within 2 years.
4. Zoom car user who loves to travel
Quote:
All the very best and keep posting

Cheers

KPS
Old 26th August 2015, 19:11   #9
BHPian

Quote:
There are few things in life money can't buy and one of them is this membership
Welcome kunal. Knowing you and your writing skills, I would look forward for your writings on this forum.

Quote:
Coming up next, my travelogue on 7200 kms across 6 states in 11 days in a Zoom scorpio
Bring it on. I already had a sneak peek into it via the live whatsapp updates during your travel, so believe that it would be a worthy addition to the wonderful travelogues section
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks