Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd September 2015, 02:11   #1

Privileged to be onboard, Thanks Team-BHP

Good morning fellow Team-BHPians,

Today, I got the most awaited news after almost one year. I have been a regular follower of Team-BHP, you know you are a true petrolhead when you visit www.team-bhp.com instead of facebook first thing when you wake up in the morning just to start your day over something that you are crazy about. Cars happens to be my addiction as well.

My name is Mansoor Ahmed (33 years), I am an engineer by qualification and an Energy auditor with Large account management background by profession. I am based out of Bangalore and my ODO tells me that I travel a lot, last year I did 23800 kms.

When I returned to India 3 years back, I was looking for a used car and landed up into Team-BHP website when I was looking for documentation to be checked while buying a used car. That was it, I got hooked. But the real addiction started about a year and half back. I was novice and tried to be a part of this community and couldn't be. After a long time as I matured about cars (or so I hope), I am glad to be a member of this community.

I own a Ford Fiesta 1.6L Classic, petrol guzzler but that bothers me the least because of it's fantastic handling capabilities. I am told to be quite a fast driver but Team-BHP has educated me a lot over the past year and half on the Safety aspects. I take Safety seriously, and never encourage unsafe driving/racing on the roads. The cars that I have driven are as below, in ascending order (oldest to latest), most of these are left-hand drives in the US during my 4 years of stay there:
1. Toyota Yaris
2. Mazda 3
3. Chevrolet HHR (loved the antique looks)
4. Hyundai Sonata (old generation)
5. Chevrolet Equinox
6. Dodge Challenger (this was the car for me, what a pleasure to drive this)
7. Ford Taurus (Another amazing car)
8. Nissan Altima 3.5 (sweet, sweet ride)
9. Chevrolet Optra (In India)
10. Ford Fiesta 1.6L (My current possession)

I am an introvert by nature and I have my interests in two things. Cars and Investments. I think of myself as a value investor (my mind is in a constant battle with my heart in justifying a 1.6 Petrol car is not quite a value investment), and I study businesses whenever I can.

That's about me and I hope to interact and learn with many of you in this great community of like-minded petrolheads. It's me signing off, honoured to be a part of Team-BHP.
Petrolhead007 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2015, 13:21   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Privileged to be onboard, Thanks Team-BHP

Welcome Mansoor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petrolhead007 View Post
When I returned to India 3 years back, I was looking for a used car and landed up into Team-BHP website when I was looking for documentation to be checked while buying a used car.
Did you get the Fiesta used? If so, must have been a great deal as it doesn't hold on to its value well. Such a lovely car to drive.

Quote:
I am told to be quite a fast driver but Team-BHP has educated me a lot over the past year and half on the Safety aspects.

Quote:
Dodge Challenger
The current one? Which engine? It's the best looking muscle car of our times. Dodge sure got the styling spot-on.

Quote:
I study businesses whenever I can.
I'm a voracious business reader too and grab whatever interesting content I can get (magazines, kindle app, online articles etc.).

Hope to bump into you on an interesting thread sometime soon!
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2015, 13:37   #3
Team-BHP Support

Re: Privileged to be onboard, Thanks Team-BHP

Hi Mansoor!

Going by your intro & format, it appears you have gulped the rule books as well. A good thing IMO [in my opinion]

Please do document your travel & ownership thread. That is the least we can do for our BHPians. See you around & good to have enthusiasts like you on-board. Welcome
Old 3rd September 2015, 22:32   #4

Thanks GTO, glad to be on board. Yes, I got it used, its a 2009 model. I love to drive this car.

Not the current one, it was a 2008 model. Yes, I agree, it was all muscle.

Great to know and look forward to meeting you someday soon.

Thanks for your warm welcome, appreciate it.

Thank you Sheel. Although I have read a lot on Team-BHP, I do not consider myself a good writer to capture a travelogue or ownership review in a crisp way. But I would make an attempt soon once I understand the community a little better. Thanks again for welcoming. Keep revving.

Last edited by aah78 : 3rd September 2015 at 23:41. Reason: Posts merged.
Petrolhead007 is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks