Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 10th September 2015, 09:28   #1

I am in

Hey guys,

Myself Muhammed Nasar, I work for a sub contractor employed by Cisco Systems located everywhere in India. Work makes me travel to a lot of places and I prefer driving rather than flights or trains. After 3,00,000 kms of my trusted used Matiz I was under the impression of buying a new one when I came upon GTO's thread of used cars. The site was introduced to me by my best friend Sathyajith ( he is an IAS officer and hails from Kerala ) who I am not sure if is a member of the forum. But after going through it I came upon the conclusion that used vehicle is my ride not a brand new one. And that too if I can make the used one my project I love it.

So keeping my Matiz I brought a insurance declared Total Loss Skoda Laura Elegance TDi for INR 2,50,000/- ( The damage being done to the front right only and the aribags were deployed ) and I repaired it back to its pristine order ( a lot by myself and a paintings, software resets and error messages were corrected at Skoda ASC ) but now back to its former glory and I have driven it to Delhi and back and the vehicle is simply perfect. Thanks a lot for the Used car thread, I now own a 2012 Laura which has done 35,000 kms till date.

So coming back to my point I thought " hey what the hell this forum helped me a lot , so I should be applying for a membership " and here I am. What I wrote was truly my mind and an extreme thanks for helping me out, because each day I take my keys and go to my car it reminds me of Team BHP. So here I am like a baby who found something that he loves a lot. Expect me and tolerate me ( I am still an amateur in cars and technical know hows ) everywhere in this forums.

Thank you and Lovingly

Muhammed Nasar
Team Bhp Newbie
kichu8881 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th September 2015, 18:32   #2
BHPian

re: I am in

Hi Muhammed Nasar! The deal at Rs 2,50,000 for a 2012 Skoda Laura Elegance TDi having done only 35000 kms seems really amazing. Would be interested to know how much did the restoration & repair work cost you. Have you done insurance for the restored car? Is it comprehensive or 3rd party insurance.
amitpatnaik is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2015, 19:50   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitpatnaik View Post
Hi Muhammed Nasar! The deal at Rs 2,50,000 for a 2012 Skoda Laura Elegance TDi having done only 35000 kms seems really amazing. Would be interested to know how much did the restoration & repair work cost you. Have you done insurance for the restored car? Is it comprehensive or 3rd party insurance.
Well the cost was a little high as i wanted brand new parts or reasonably used and no repairing stuff. The Total items changed are as below

Dashboard : Used One
Airbags : ( From ASC )
Right Fender
Bonnet
Grille
Bumper
Headlights Both
Fog Lights
Lower grille
Internal cladding
Right entire suspension
the left one was in perfect nick except for the tie rod end and lower arm.
Rubber bushes of all suspensions
Engine Mountings
Alloy wheel
Then some engine room parts. ( Like washer bottle, radiator bottle, radiator, etc )
the front glass ( it was clean but I didn't like the look of it )
Seat Covers.
The driver side Glass
Both ORVMs
Steering wheel.
Seat belts ( all where stuck don't know why )
Then a full coat paint.
Also Full cover normal insurance.
kichu8881 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th September 2015, 09:00   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Welcome to the forum!

I remember reading about a member who had restored a C-Class and an X-Trail after picking them up for a steal!
Hope to read about your restoration process in detail soon!

Congrats, and enjoy the ride!
Old 11th September 2015, 11:09   #5

Re: I am in

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post
Welcome to the forum!

I remember reading about a member who had restored a C-Class and an X-Trail after picking them up for a steal!
Hope to read about your restoration process in detail soon!

Congrats, and enjoy the ride!
Wow a C Class and a X trail. Now that is some heavy duty. I am sorry but I did not take enough pictures but I have the details of what all I did. I like to do most of the work hence the labor charges were reduced to half.
Old 11th September 2015, 13:51   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

That's fine - I think even simple before and after pics, work carried out with costs, challenges faced, as well as an indication to long-term reliability would be beneficial for a lot of members.
Check the below link for the X-trail and C-Class jobs: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...-i-bought.html
lamborghini is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th September 2015, 17:19   #7
BHPian

Hey kichu welcome to the forums. I see you are from thrissur. I am also from Thrissur. If possible we can meet up. I would like to see your project car if possible and also which workshop did you do the paintwork and mechanicals? And by the list I suppose you had done a lot DIYs. Hope to meet in person.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks