Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 17th September 2015, 12:49   #1
BHPian

Hi Team-BHP, I'm in!

Got my mail yesterday! And I'm still wondering if I'm in or if there is another screening process !

Hi, I am Rohit. I'm an entrepreneur with a liking for Motorcycles and Utility vehicles! I have been following team-bhp for years and it's been instrumental in helping me make decisions ranging from buying a vehicle to driving tips to maintaing one and even selling one. Cheers to Team-BHP for being (IMO) the most authoritative and exhaustive automotive forum.

Happy Ganesh Chathurthi everyone!

Last edited by Aditya : 18th September 2015 at 07:02. Reason: Typo
rohitnp is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th September 2015, 19:00   #2
BANNED

Re: Hi Team-BHP, I'm in!

Hello, Rohit.

Welcome to the forum. Do go through the rules (If you haven't done that already) and get familiar with things around. Have a great stay here.

BTW, you haven't given us your garage details? What you Drive and Ride?
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th September 2015, 20:03   #3
BHPian

Sorry, forgot about that! The vehicles I drive are a Maruti Ritz, Tata Indigo Manza, Tata Venture and a Vento TSI. a 94 CI 350, a Suzuki Access 125 and a Honda CBR 250R.
I have previously owned a 90 Premier 118 NE and an 87 CJ 500 IDI
rohitnp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2015, 11:55   #4
Team-BHP Support

Hi Rohit,

Welcome to Team-BHP. Good to know that Team-BHP has helped you make decisions regarding purchase and maintenance of vehicles.

You've had a pretty good line-up of, well, down-to-earth vehicles. Why did you let go of the CJ 500?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohitnp View Post
Got my mail yesterday! And I'm still wondering if I'm in or if there is another screening process !
There are no more screening processes.

Be sure to read Team-BHP's posting rules.

See you on the forum.
Old 18th September 2015, 15:33   #5
BHPian

Thanks Aditya. I have a preference for these kinds of vehicles. Usually very simple and built for a purpose. The possibilities for adding our own stuff is vast. Although I must agree that the crudeness and lack of sophistication can be a downside for long distance travel and cannot be masked beyond an extent. But still...
The CJ 500 was being used by my family firm for construction related transport. After a point in time, the need for it diminished to the extent that it was lying unused for a week or more at a stretch and I had to make sure it was running. As I suppose is common with these older types of vehicles, maintaining them can be a chore especially if they are lying idle most of the time. I was left with the option of taking it over and maintaining it. But it was 2wd, I did not have the financials to take over and I had a preference for a Gypsy if I could manage to find some difficult to reach places. So decided to part with it. Still haven't managed to get around to finding time to get to difficult to reach places offroad so that dream is still open. Maybe at a later stage I can find some kind of excuse to get a gypsy and use it.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks