Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 18th September 2015, 14:34   #1
BHPian

Yes, finally membership approved

Hey TBHPians,

Got my membership approved on the auspicious 'Vinayagar Chaturthi' day. After about 5 attempts, I got accepted. No wonder 'Quality' is given top most priority and it is evident in the threads and posts.

Well, my name is Karthik Chandrasekar, I'm a sales professional and I hail from Chennai, the Detroit of south. I've been fascinated about cars right from childhood, from the days I learnt to understand things, but did not knew many things until I came across automobile forums and have to credit Team BHP for whatever knowledge I have on cars. Beyond automobiles, I'm a movie buff, and off late I have developed a taste in viewing landscapes.

I've always been an avid fan of TBHP and now happy on being promoted as a member. I hereby pledge to follow the rules and maintain the quality of Team BHP.

My first car was FIAT Palio Stile SLX (2007) and my current ride is Hyundai Eon Era+ LPG (2012)

Ready to REV.

Last edited by Karthik Chandra : 18th September 2015 at 14:46.
Karthik Chandra is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 18th September 2015, 22:16   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Yes, finally membership approved

Welcome aboard Karthik.

Interesting to see that you went from a large Palio to a Hyundai Eon. What made you opt for a smaller car?

I was very keen to pick up a brand new 1.6L Stile while shopping for a hatchback in 2010 but they didn't have a test drive car back then. The fully loaded 1.6 was available at the cost of a base Maruti Swift (back then). Apart from rave reviews by enthusiasts about the 1.6's performance, I hadn't heard too many positive things about the car + company, so decided to stick to a practical and safe option - Ritz.
S2!!! is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th September 2015, 22:24   #3
BHPian

Re: Yes, finally membership approved

Welcome aboard Karthik Chandrasekar and hopefully you enjoy your stay here.

Yes, It was a quite surprise that you've transferred from Palio to Eon as both are different worlds in terms of handling.

Please read the rules and have fun and looking forward to read your experience with cars.
Wildy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2015, 22:57   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2!!! View Post
Welcome aboard Karthik.

Interesting to see that you went from a large Palio to a Hyundai Eon. What made you opt for a smaller car?

I was very keen to pick up a brand new 1.6L Stile while shopping for a hatchback in 2010 but they didn't have a test drive car back then. The fully loaded 1.6 was available at the cost of a base Maruti Swift (back then). Apart from rave reviews by enthusiasts about the 1.6's performance, I hadn't heard too many positive things about the car + company, so decided to stick to a practical and safe option - Ritz.
Thanks S2.
Had to choose the Eon since I did not want to incur bigger expenses on buying and maintaining. I was in a situation then where I didn't have the luxury to upgrade from Palio, hence downgraded to Eon since i cannot do without a car. Anyways I'm happy with the Eon considering its limitations, shall share more details when I post my ownership report.
Dad is a little conservative and did not allow me to go ahead with 1.6 sport since it was about 50k more IIRC. Yeah your option of Ritz is more practical and VFM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildy View Post
Welcome aboard Karthik Chandrasekar and hopefully you enjoy your stay here.

Yes, It was a quite surprise that you've transferred from Palio to Eon as both are different worlds in terms of handling.

Please read the rules and have fun and looking forward to read your experience with cars.
Thanks Wildy.
Yeah 2 different worlds-the palio and the eon. Shall share more details later.
Once again, thanks for the welcome

Mod Note: Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

To know how to multi-quote, click here.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 19th September 2015 at 07:01.
Karthik Chandra is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks