Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 25th September 2015, 13:33   #1
BHPian

Really? I am posting on Team-BHP!

Hello petrolheads.

My name is Aakarsh Raj Srivastava. I am 19 years of age and a true car enthusiast by passion. I am pursuing BBA LLB (H) from Dehradun. I landed here about 3-4 years back when I was searching for some issue related to my father's car. Born and brought up in ranchi and the urge to become a bhpian was biting me since I visited the website for the first time. Finally I am a bhpian and feel so proud about it.

The feeling can't really be expressed in words. I am so addicted to team bhp that I check posts on the forum even in the 10 minutes break between my classes rather than indulging in discusions going on amongst my friends. I am very fond of cars since my childhood. Elders say I cranked the engine of my Grandfather's Ambassador at the age of 3 or 4. I was in class 8th when I drove a car for the very first time and in class 6th I started riding motorcycles. My family owns a Maruti Suzuki Alto Lxi 2008 and I ride Hero Honda Glamour 2007. I hope I will have a great time here, indulging in discusions and would gain lots of information from the seniors.

Thankyou team-bhp for the membership.

Regards
Aakarsh

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 25th September 2015 at 13:38. Reason: n > and, tym > time. Please refrain from using SMS lingo while posting on the forums! Welcome aboard.
Aakarsh is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 25th September 2015, 15:31   #2
BHPian

Welcome Aboard !

Welcome to the forum Aakarsh !

Please go through the rules of the forum.

I hope you're enjoying the lovely place that Dehradun is. There are many getaways in and around Doon that I'm sure you'd love to explore. Driving on the twisties up to Mussoorie & beyond with breeze in your hair & the sun on your face is best savoured on a two wheeler. Of course it'd be better to give a wide berth to holiday drivers who haven't the foggiest notion of Hill-driving etiquettes and hog the whole road or overtake on turns.

There are a lot of places in and around Doon that you'd have visited - Paonta Sahib & Aasan Barrage (& Bird Sanctuary) are a mere hour's drive from Dehradun. Then you have the magnificent Mussoorie, Hathipaon, Clouds End, Chakrata, Kempty Falls, Lal Tibba, Nalapani Fort, Tapkeshwar, Santala Devi, Dakpathar, Kalsi, Tehri Dam, Dhanaulti, Bhadraj Temple (for those who want to indulge in a spot of trekking), Yamuna Pul, Rishikesh etc all ranging between a few minutes to a few hours' driving reach from where you stay. So I guess, some freewheeling and happy exploration would be in order (not at the cost of your studies of course!)

Once again, welcome to the forum & happy driving !

Drive safe.

Cheers !
Ironhide is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th September 2015, 16:34   #3
Senior - BHPian

Re: Really? I am posting on Team-BHP!

Great to have you on board Aakarsh. Like most of us, the motoring bug bit you at a tender age. Any chance your family still has the old amby?
Tushar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2015, 10:03   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aakarsh View Post
Hello petrolheads.

My name is Aakarsh Raj Srivastava. I am 19 years of age and a true car enthusiast by passion. I am pursuing BBA LLB (H) from Dehradun. I landed here about 3-4 years back when I was searching for some issue related to my father's car. Born and brought up in ranchi and the urge to become a bhpian was biting me since I visited the website for the first time. Finally I am a bhpian and feel so proud about it.

Welcome to the community Aakarsh!! I am also from Ranchi, and looking forward to meet you. The BHPian family at Ranchi is surely growing steadily.

Quote:
The feeling can't really be expressed in words. I am so addicted to team bhp that I check posts on the forum even in the 10 minutes break between my classes rather than indulging in discusions going on amongst my friends.
This was exactly what I did during my graduation days, and still I prefer reading on TBHP rather that venturing into mindless talks.

Quote:
My family owns a Maruti Suzuki Alto Lxi 2008 and I ride Hero Honda Glamour 2007.
That's a nice garage you have!!

Enjoy your stay here.

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th September 2015, 11:31   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironhide View Post
Welcome to the forum Aakarsh !
Please go through the rules of the forum.
Thanks Ironhide.

Yes Dehradun and destinations around are just beautiful. Thanks for the whole log of places you mentioned. I have been to some of the places here including Mussoorie, Cloud end, Lal tibba, Haridwar, Rishikesh, Tapkeshwar Mandir, Paonta Sahib,Chakrata, even Lokhandi in search of snowand some others also. I will surely plan to visit these places in my holidays. The natural beauty of the place never let me regret coming here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tushar View Post
Great to have you on board Aakarsh. Like most of us, the motoring bug bit you at a tender age. Any chance your family still has the old amby?
Thankyou Tushar
I am very sorry to say that the Amby as well as my first love, my father's Yezdi 250 motorcycle are not there. I always insist my father to buy an Ambassador since I have driven one.It was an isz1800 2000 model with power steering and brakes. He also wants to have an Ambassador back in our garage. Hope we will get one next year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
Welcome to the community Aakarsh!! I am also from Ranchi, and looking forward to meet you. The BHPian family at Ranchi is surely growing steadily.

This was exactly what I did during my graduation days, and still I prefer reading on TBHP rather that venturing into mindless talks.

That's a nice garage you have!!

Enjoy your stay here.

Regards,
Shashi
Thanks Leoshashi.I read your introduction thread and used to wish when I will be getting my membership approved.
I have heard a lot about you from an another bhpian from Ranchi. I have seen a white swift as well as a black ecosport(not sure) which had team bhp stickers on them near bypass road, Birsa chowk, and Hinoo area.The Team-Bhp family is ofcourse growing steadily in Ranchi

Last edited by manson : 26th September 2015 at 12:58. Reason: Please avoid back to back posts by using the edit tab whilst posting within an interval of 20 minutes.
Aakarsh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2015, 14:26   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aakarsh View Post
Thanks Leoshashi.I read your introduction thread and used to wish when I will be getting my membership approved.
I have heard a lot about you from an another bhpian from Ranchi. I have seen a white swift as well as a black ecosport(not sure) which had team bhp stickers on them near bypass road, Birsa chowk, and Hinoo area.The Team-Bhp family is ofcourse growing steadily in Ranchi
If you ever see a California Gold M800 with a Love Cars, Live cars sticker on bumper, well that'd be me.

I don't put stickers on my parents ride, since it once happened in Kolkata when my dad was approached by some BHPians and he didn't know a thing about TBHP.

Putting a pic of my ride so that you may identify it better next time.
Really? I am posting on Team-BHP!-20150919_121146.jpg

Regards

Last edited by Leoshashi : 26th September 2015 at 14:37.
Leoshashi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th September 2015, 14:37   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
If you ever see a California Gold M800 with a Love Cars, Live cars sticker on bumper, well that'd be me.

I don't put stickers on my parents ride, since it once happened in Kolkata when my dad was approached by some BHPians and he didn't know a thing about TBHP.

Putting a pic of my ride so that you may identify it better next time.
Attachment 1419755

Regards
Thanks Leoshashi.
I would be there in Ranchi during my Diwali vacations. I would definitely try to meet you up.
By the way, the ride looks in pristine condition. for the maintenance.The colour is rare but suits the vehicle a lot.
Aakarsh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2015, 13:25   #8
BHPian

Hello Aakarsh.

Welcome to the forum. It's great to see the increasing numbers of Ranchi BHPians. Even I'm from Ranchi, pursuing my studies in Kolkata. I visit Ranchi during my semester breaks and will be coming there this Durga Puja.
I own a '04 Alto with few visual mods and a '14 Yamaha Fazer. Do let me know if you see any of them around. We can surely meet up. We'll be organising a mini TBHP meet during the Duga Puja, hope to see you there..

Regards,
Swapnil
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks