Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 1st October 2015, 16:19   #1

What it means to be part of this community

Since this is my first post on this forum, I thought it best to acquaint myself with all of you by jotting down my thoughts on what exactly will change for me.

Team-BHP Player:
I like the insights provided on this forum that are difficult to come across on other auto blogs or news sites dedicated to India. Knowing clearly the difference between being part of a group versus working together as a team - I clearly loved Team-BHP!

It is my hope to post here meaningful contributions to other teammates posts as well as make my own original comments.

Introduction:
So here goes, my own intro.

I am Venky, a 50 year old Government servant and am Indian to the core - speak Tamil, Malayalam, Marathi, Hindi and Kannada. I have always contributed to the purchase decisions in my family, be it a car, bike, scooter, moped or anything for that matter.

What i owned:
My very first car was a new Maruti 800 DX on steroids (12 valve MPI engine - same as that on the then newly introduced Alto and soon discontinued) which was a truly frugal machine - gave me 20 kpl in real life driving on city roads and highways over a period of 11 years (from 2000-2011).

The second car (left hand drive) - a second-hand Volkswagen Passat estate (1.9 TDI) - was driven by me in Europe between 2011 and 2015. This was another frugal oil sipper and did not have any problem whatsoever though I bought it with 167000 kms on the odo!

What I currently own:
Just last month I bought myself the Datsun Go Plus T(O) model.

Asides:
I will post my experiences with the three cars in separate threads once I have warmed up to all of you mates!
famman33 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st October 2015, 20:44   #2
Team-BHP Support

re: What it means to be part of this community

Welcome aboard famman33,

Quote:
Originally Posted by famman33 View Post
the difference between being part of a group versus working together as a team
Deep. I like it!

How's your GO+ ownership lining up with our Official Review?

See you around,
R
Rehaan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th October 2015, 10:16   #3

Re: What it means to be part of this community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
Welcome aboard famman33,

How's your GO+ ownership lining up with our Official Review?
Dear Rehaan,

I have about 1000 kms on the odo and the first service inspection done in the first month of my hands-on time with the Datsun Go+.

I will contribute with my ownership insights shortly.

Thanks for the thumbs up!

Regards,

Venky
famman33 is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks