Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th October 2015, 18:49   #1
BHPian

When "Open Sesame" finally worked!

Hi folks,

My thanks to the Admin for opening the doors to the most sought after Automotive Forum - Team BHP.

The name is Binoo Krishna, originally from Ernakulam in Kerala; now settled in Bangalore for the past 14 years. Have lived good part of my life in Kerala and a brief 2 year stint in San Jose, California, work took me to Bangalore and decided to settle here. The stint in San Jose doesn’t make me a tech geek; I’m a Chartered Accountant by profession.

Did my schooling & college from Kerala and graduated in Physics. Understood and felt that science is not for me or Science decided I’m not for it; moved on and did my CA, with the only Big Four CA firm then in Kerala. That Big 4 took me to San Jose on an exchange program for 2 years.

I have been a car enthusiast all the while and learnt driving in our Premier Padmini Delux which Dad owned. This car was one of the special edition with bucket seats, floor shift gears and the race car mufflers (don’t remember it came factory fitted with these or modified as we got it second hand). Pretty cool thing to drive in the 1990s

As explained, been a car crazy all along and been following automotive forums, especially TBHP, for many years now. Though my user name is MindOnWheels, its actually wheels on my mind always. Just been amazed at the detailing done by Mods and Owners in their official reviews and ownership reviews. With something I have learnt thru these forums, would like pass that little bit of learning to others as well.

Now to the cars I own/owned:

Nov 1999 Honda CRX (2 seater) – Light Blue (aka George) San Jose, US
Nov 2001 Hyundai Santro – Grey (aka Tintin) Bangalore – Sold in 2004
Dec 2004 Opel Corsa – Black (aka Princess) Bangalore – Sold in 2007
Jul 2007 Maruti Suzuki SX4 - Red (aka Max) Bangalore – Sold in 2010
Jul 2010 VW Jetta - Black (aka Princess) Bangalore – Sold in 2013
Oct 2012 Hyundai i10 Auto-Red(aka Peppy) Bangalore – Sold in 2014
Nov 2013 BMW X1–Deep Sea Blue(aka Blue Knight)Bangalore – Presently own
May 2014 Hyundai Xcent SX(O)- Silver (aka Zippy) Bangalore – Sold in 2015
Sept 2015 Hyundai Creta SX(O)- White (aka Indie) Bangalore – Presently own

While in US, I was quite clear that I wanted a small car and opted for the CRX, which came in cheap as well. Started my life in Bangalore along with my wife and the Santro and my passion has driven me to 8 cars, the present ones being the BMW X1 and the Hyundai Creta. If I can remember, the SX4 was the first red one in Bangalore and did get a lot of head turns during those days.

All our cars in Bangalore carried the same number in the license plates, something which we have been consistent; albeit the change in models.

Its really nice to meet many of the like-minded enthusiasts in this forum. I’m sure I’ll learn a lot from the members here.

Hoping to interact with you soon.

Lets just not dream it; lets drive it.

Ciao,
Binoo
MindOnWheels is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 5th October 2015, 06:24   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

re: When "Open Sesame" finally worked!

Hey Binoo, glad you made it here. That's one long list of cars. Waiting to see the ownership report of your cars.

Enjoy your time here.

Naveen
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2015, 11:32   #3
BHPian

Thanks Naveen. Appreciate it.

Yup, its quite a list and have driven all the cars a good distance. Let me see if I'm able to come up with ownership reviews on all, quite a task, its going to be

Just wanted to include the picture of the cars we own presently. BMW is 2013 and Creta, as you all know, 2015.

Cheers.
Attached Thumbnails
When "Open Sesame" finally worked!-indieblueknightfront.jpg  

Last edited by bblost : 5th October 2015 at 11:47.
MindOnWheels is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th October 2015, 11:58   #4
Team-BHP Support

Re: When "Open Sesame" finally worked!

Welcome Binoo. CA and car enthusiast, best person to consult on tax benefits and how to replace cars more often using that as excuse

Looking forward to your ownership reviews of the current stable. Enjoy your stay.

cheers
Jaggu
Jaggu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2015, 12:35   #5
BHPian

Thanks Jaggu.

Will definitely impart my knowledge on tax

Yes, I need to find some time to do the ownership review of my cars.

Cheers,

Binoo
Old 6th October 2015, 13:29   #6
BHPian

Hi Binoo, welcome to Team-BHP. That's a long list of cars you've owned. I envy you for that!
You've not mentioned anything about the bikes you've owned or do you own one? Looking at you're long list of cars, I doubt your interest in bikes. Well, being a bike enthusiast I wanted to ask this question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MindOnWheels View Post
All our cars in Bangalore carried the same number in the license plates, something which we have been consistent; albeit the change in models.
Just curious to know the reason behind having same registration number. Does it go with your DOB?

Regards,
-Badri
Full_Minchingu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2015, 16:09   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Full_Minchingu View Post
Hi Binoo, welcome to Team-BHP. That's a long list of cars you've owned. I envy you for that!
You've not mentioned anything about the bikes you've owned or do you own one? Looking at you're long list of cars, I doubt your interest in bikes. Well, being a bike enthusiast I wanted to ask this question.
Thanks Badri. Just that God has been kind.

Nope, have never owned a bike, not much interest. Wanted a bike during my college days, but Dad said he would get me a TVS50. My attitude at that time told me I would rather take the bus. I realised it was not the right attitude, nonetheless never got to own a bike.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Full_Minchingu View Post
Just curious to know the reason behind having same registration number. Does it go with your DOB?
2806 translates to 28 June, the day I married Sunitha. Well, the story goes like this:
When we were buying our first car, which was Santro, I could not surprise her with anything as we pretty much decided together on the model, color etc. The only way I could add some surprise element was getting the licence plates numbered 2806. The moment the car rolled in for delivery, she pointed that out and never thought I got it done.
Since that date till our 8th car, the number has been the same. Times have changed and these days have to get the number in auction inspite of it not being a fancy number. But trust me, it's worth it; bringing the same smile she had when we got the number first time
MindOnWheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2015, 13:42   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MindOnWheels View Post
Thanks Naveen. Appreciate it.

Just wanted to include the picture of the cars we own presently. BMW is 2013 and Creta, as you all know, 2015.

Cheers.
Yes. Its quite a list and have driven all the cars a good distance. Let me see if I'm able to come up with ownership reviews on all, quite a task, its going to be

Welcome to the 'show'. How I wish I could get my Indica's registration number DL3CU'5004' repeated, unfortunately the RTO in Delhi said that it was a VIP number and it was blocked!
ALTIMAed is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks