Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 22nd October 2015, 13:30   #1
BHPian

And I'm finally in

Dear Fellow Bhpians,

Is was a pretty hectic day at work yesterday, the 21st of October 2015 just before the long weekend owing to the Dussehra holiday. The traffic on the way back home was pretty crazy and i had planned to watch a movie near home as well. As luck would have it my car (8 yr old Santro) broke down on the highway and landed up missing the movie . Got home tired and in a pretty foul mood. Settled down to watch some TV and i get a notification of a new mail on my phone from Team- BHP. The first words that caught my eye were 'Congratulations and Welcome'. What a feeling that was. It was then time to celebrate.

Thank you so much to the moderators and other members for having me. This has been indeed an elaborate process. Been following the forum for the past 7-8 years and it is one of the first websites that i open in office every day. Have been applying to be a member of Team-BHP for the past year and half and got lucky on the fifth attempt. Infact we booked(pre-booked) the ford ecosport at the time of launch solely on the basis on information and discussions I read here on Team-BHP. I already have the got-bhp sticker which i refused to put up on any car until i officially became a member. But considering I plan to change my car, will hold off till i get a new car.

A little bit about myself.
1) I am in my early Thirties
2) I work for a financial services firm in Mumbai and head a function for the India business
3) I have a few friends who already are Team-BHP members and considering i try reading a lot about cars online, invariably google would lead me to a Team-BHP article/forum (Thats how i heard about Team-BHP)
4) I quite enjoy driving and have been fascinated with all things cars. Other than the obvious, i love to read quite a bit and am currently in the midst of a P.G.Wodehouse marathon (owing to the long-weekend). I also love my music and just completed a pet project over the last 6 months of buying and setting up 5.1 system at home.
5) I currently own a 2007 model Black Huyndai Santro (will be needing help from the forum as i am currently looking to replace this), and in the family we have a Ford Ecosport, Mahindra MM540, Alto (looking to replace as well) and Bullet (1978 model) which i used during my college days. Also my younger brother just bought a Honda Jazz (V) 20 days back. We previously owned a Mitsubishi Lancer, Tata Sumo, Ambassador Isuzu, Ambassador Mark 4, Mahindra International (Jeep).

I hope i didn't overdo the introduction, but this is just my excitement coming out. Thanks once again and hope to interact with each of you a lot more over the coming years.

Happy Revvin'

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 22nd October 2015 at 13:32. Reason: Smileys = 2 per post. Please go through the board rules. Welcome aboard!
DevSoms is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2015, 17:58   #2
Team-BHP Support

re: And I'm finally in

Welcome onboard!

Which EcoSport are you getting, the new or the refreshed one? The new color looks nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevSoms View Post
my car (8 yr old Santro) broke down on the highway
You left us in suspense, what went wrong with the Santro?

And do go through rules, see you around
Sheel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2015, 20:20   #3
BHPian

re: And I'm finally in

Many thanks Sheel for the greetings.

Apologies for my over enthusiasm and if i kept rambling on. What I meant was I own the santro. The Ecosport, Mahindra MM540 and Alto are used by my parents. We bought a Silver Ecosport ecoboost (Titanium) at the time of launch more than a year back. Read about the newer version as well and it sure is nice.

So I have been having this problem with my Santro for some time now where after a 1 hour drive when i stop it and try to restart it wont. Got this checked 3 months back and was told the battery was gone as got it replaced. But over the last 2 weeks sometimes it happens again. After driving for an hour or so if I stop the car and try to restart it, it won't. But after 2-3 attempts it starts. Been meaning to get it checked but have been travelling quite a bit and haven't had a chance to do so as yet. However yesterday, even after 10-15 attempts the car wouldn't start. Had to request a couple of guys on the road to push it and jerk-started it and went home. No idea what the problem is.

Regarding my new car, my heart is set on the Polo GT TSI, but my parents and wife arn't convinced that it is an upgrade. So I might just go for the Vento TSI. Have to take a test drive first. Don't know if I will have the same grin on my face that I had after I drove the Polo though.
Old 23rd October 2015, 15:37   #4
Team-BHP Support

Re: And I'm finally in

Hi DevSoms,

Welcome to Team-BHP. That's a long list of cars that your family has owned. Good to know that the forum has been of help to you while purchasing the EcoSport.

How many kilometers have you put on the Santro? Does it overheat?

See you on the forum.
Aditya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2015, 16:46   #5
BHPian

Dear Aditya,

Many thanks for the greetings. My Dad is also quite the car enthusiast and hence the long list of cars owned. Infact, back in the day my Grandad owned a Vaunguard and a Plymouth as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post

How many kilometers have you put on the Santro? Does it overheat?

See you on the forum.
My Santro has just completed 90,000 kms and yes it does heat up a little after slightly longish drives (anything more than an hour). This is also my daily commute from home to work.
Old 23rd October 2015, 20:20   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevSoms View Post
But over the last 2 weeks sometimes it happens again. After driving for an hour or so if I stop the car and try to restart it, it won't. But after 2-3 attempts it starts. Been meaning to get it checked but have been travelling quite a bit and haven't had a chance to do so as yet.
Hey DevSoms,

Welcome to Team-Bhp! I know the excitement. My wife wouldn't understand though, so I showed her the introduction posts and she feels it now. She has T-Bhp in Her good books since years as majority of my trip plannings received inputs from hundreds of useful Travelogues found here.

With respect to your Santro's problem, it sounds like problem with electricals as you have changed the battery already. Most likely earthing issues, get it checked from a car electrical expert instead of a mechanic.
Old 24th October 2015, 09:08   #7
BHPian

Hi Karthik,

Many thanks for your wishes. And I know what you mean about the wife not being able to understand. My wife is out of town for the week and after I got the confirmation from Team-BHP, I called her to tell her and she obviously couldn't relate to my excitement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by karthikd21 View Post
With respect to your Santro's problem, it sounds like problem with electricals as you have changed the battery already. Most likely earthing issues, get it checked from a car electrical expert instead of a mechanic.
Thanks for the inputs regarding the problem with the Santro. I know I have to go and get it checked soon. It is just that I have been swamped with some much of work and travel that i haven't had the chance to do it. Will get the electrical connections checked soon.

See you around in the forum.
Old 24th October 2015, 13:57   #8
BHPian

Hey devo, go for the punto abarth and tell y*** that 145 bhp is an upgrade!!
howler is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th October 2015, 08:56   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by howler View Post
Hey devo, go for the punto abarth and tell y*** that 145 bhp is an upgrade!!
You should try explaining that to her next time you meet. Getting a buy in with a higher BHP may not just be that simple with the wife
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks