Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 25th October 2015, 19:16   #1
BHPian

A new beginning

Dear All,

I am Binish L, native of Kerala (Trivandrum), currently working in Bangalore.

I have been very dormant in all forums & social networking sites like facebook or any sort of on-line communication portals. May be I was too lazy to even type. I was feeling I was getting old day by day. But things started changing once I crossed 30. I will become 31 soon and feel I am in my eighteens. (Don't know what has got inside me, but I feel energized). So a fresh start in life, I have decided.

I have been married for the last 2 years and wife is a software employee and I am employed in sales in medical equipment industry.

I used to drive a CBZ in my college days (well not mine technically, brother handed it over to me when he started using Maruti 800).

My first car was an Alto 2009, sold it last week.

And a Hyundai Verna SX diesel 2013 (As at that time the talk of the town was diesel and I just plunged into one with minimum engine vibrations as I have problem with most of the diesel engines which creates a nauseating feeling). Drove the car decently with nearly 28,000 kms in 2 years, but somehow diesel noise and turbo lag was not giving me happiness. Also to fight the maddening traffic, booked a Polo GT TSI and is waiting for delivery by next week.

So now wife will drive Verna and I will enjoy GT TSI.

Like many people, I also try to find new and new ways of living/ happiness over a course of 6 months. I tried cycling last year (tried trail with Cannondale), but like all, I am also using the cycle as cloth drying stand.

Now I started raising fish. I have 22 fish happily swimming in my tank.

And I enjoy music, though not a perfect audiophile, I am an amateur audiophile.

I will take part in the group drives (If I am allowed by BHPians) and will be a integral part of team-bhp here after. Hoping to meet as many BHPians as possible.
petrol_power is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 25th October 2015, 22:09   #2
BHPian

Welcome !

Hey Binish!

Welcome to the forum!

That was an honest and interesting intro ! You were spot on about most of us( though we'd hate to admit it!) being absolute sloths!
Quote:
Originally Posted by petrol_power View Post
........Like many people, I also try to find new and new ways of living/ happiness over a course of 6 months. I tried cycling last year (tried trail with Cannondale), but like all, I am also using the cycle as cloth drying stand.
The TSI is a great choice, though there's a new kid on the block, for the enthusiastically inclined. Do give it a serious thought !

Keep Revvin' !

Cheers !
Ironhide is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th October 2015, 13:51   #3
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: A new beginning

Welcome Binish!

Quote:
So now wife will drive Verna and I will enjoy GT TSI.
would love to know what she thinks about this!

Quote:
Got a picture to share?

Quote:
And I enjoy music, though not a perfect audiophile, I am an amateur audiophile.
Apple Music - now in India at merely 120 bucks / month - is a great way to discover new music. I've been using it since a month.

Quote:
I will take part in the group drives (If I am allowed by BHPians)
Of course! Team-BHP drives are open to all enthusiasts.
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th October 2015, 16:30   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Welcome to Team-BHP Binish!

That's a rare hobby. Please post a thread about your "growing family"!

Unlike our population, in this case I will encourage you to triple / quadruple your swimming family!!
phamilyman is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th October 2015, 09:57   #5
BHPian

Welcome Binish. And hearty congratulations on your new steed! Which color have you booked? It's a crazy little pocket rocket that. You won't regret the purchase. It's been almost a year with mine (though I've driven it for only half that time due to my profession) but it's been a crazy ride. After this, I don't know if I can go back to manual trannys!! Have fun with the GT & here! Cheers!
polo_ankit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2015, 20:19   #6
BHPian

welcome binish! looking forward to your fishy tales )
famousshoes is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2015, 23:26   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironhide View Post
Hey Binish!

The TSI is a great choice, though there's a new kid on the block, for the enthusiastically inclined. Do give it a serious thought !
Cheers !
Thank you Ironhide. And I, many times, feel its always greener on the other side. Hence moving towards automatic as I struggle with clutch in Bangalore traffic. So I didn't dare to test drive Abarth after reading the mouth watering reviews from who ever drove it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Welcome Binish!
Thank You GTO

would love to know what she thinks about this!
Her office is very near to our house and I drive about 35 kms to office one way. So she won't complain.

Got a picture to share?
Yess, I will put a small review itself now. Excited.

Apple Music - now in India at merely 120 bucks / month - is a great way to discover new music. I've been using it since a month.
Of course! Team-BHP drives are open to all enthusiasts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Welcome to Team-BHP Binish!

That's a rare hobby. Please post a thread about your "growing family"!

Unlike our population, in this case I will encourage you to triple / quadruple your swimming family!!
Thank you, and yes after the encouragement from all, I have decided to put a small review of the fish. Will do it soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by polo_ankit View Post
Welcome Binish. And hearty congratulations on your new steed! Which color have you booked? It's a crazy little pocket rocket that. You won't regret the purchase. It's been almost a year with mine (though I've driven it for only half that time due to my profession) but it's been a crazy ride. After this, I don't know if I can go back to manual trannys!! Have fun with the GT & here! Cheers!
Hi polo_ankit, Thank you. I booked red color. Happy to know that all GT TSI owners are happy with their decision.

Quote:
Originally Posted by famousshoes View Post
welcome binish! looking forward to your fishy tales )
Hi famousshoes. Thank you.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks