Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 29th October 2015, 13:09   #1

Aadab Team-BHP!

Aadab BHPians !

I begin my intro with this traditional ‘Lucknowi’ saluation.

I am really happy to have made it to this very elite group of some really serious motor enthusiasts, in my second attempt, thank you mods for allowing me in. I thank God for asking LUCK to be by my side for quite some time now. Why I say this, you are going to find more below…
So…who am I ?

I am Atif, working as a Senior Manager in a multinational Bank in the wonderful City of Nawabs, Lucknow, which also happens to be my hometown luckily. I simply LOVE CARS and Live to Drive (as goes the TBHP tagline). However, in spite of being in love with cars sooooo much I have not been able to make long, adventurous road trips till now as you don’t find many driving enthusiasts in Banking…do you ?

Anyways, now, when I am a part of Team BHP, I look forward to making my dream come true with the friends I make here.
What I drive ?

I started my journey of fascination for automobiles with my father’s Bajaj Super Scooter, which I rode for a long time before deciding it was time to upgrade to stop being a centre of “attraction” for my friends, who usually rode the swanky bikes.

Hence, the next was a Hero Honda Splendour which I loved to drive…donno why, my girlfriend (who, again luckily happens to be my wife now) found me looking stylish on the Splendour. I never questioned this either, who cares anyways as long as one is looking good to his girlfriend . The Splendour was replaced with a Bajaj Discover 125, which I got from my brother as he left for his higher studies…now, stylish look had something more to add to it , more power. And needless to say, I had a further impressed gf.

Time passed by and now it was time to upgrade to two more wheels. Now this dream was fulfilled by a Maruti 800, which my father bought as our first family car & I spent two days inside this new machine, not able to have enough of its aroma and playing with the steering wheel, I learnt driving from this car.

After the odo of my Maruti hit 80K, we switched to a Hyundai Santro Xing GLS which I drove for last 8 years until this new beast captured my imagination and after months of contemplation, I bought it. I have a Maruti Suzuki Swift VDI with ABS as my current beast. Although, the odo has hit just 1400 but man, I simply love this 1.3 L power packed hatch. And I am looking forward to measure the length and breadth of India with my new love.

That’s it from my side for the time being…Thank you for your patience and look forward to have a wonderful interaction/guidance from all seniors and peers here….

Aadab !
Atif

Last edited by GTO : 30th October 2015 at 11:59. Reason: Spacing
AtifShamim is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 29th October 2015, 13:52   #2
Team-BHP Support

re: Aadab Team-BHP!

Welcome on board Atif! Its nice to have someone from the City of Nawabs, although we do have a few more from Lucknow. I loved it all the more as I have my roots in that belt. And here is the clincher... I am also connected to banking (though not a banker).

So enjoy your membership and do go through the Announcements section on priority to ensure that you know some of the expectations that this board keeps from all its members.
Old 30th October 2015, 00:44   #3

Thanks a lot Zappo !

Nice to know that you are also from this belt.

I hope to meet a few more BHPians from Lucknow or adjoining areas and look forward to joining each other for the love of cars..

I did go through the rules section, but dont know how my formatting got ruined. Maybe it was due to using a mobile.

Anyways, I really appreciate your patience in reading my intro which, apart from being lenghty is now also not nicely formatted.

Regards,
Atifu
Old 30th October 2015, 01:47   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtifShamim View Post
Aadab BHPians !
I begin my intro with this traditional ‘Lucknowi’ saluation.
Aadab !
Atif

Welcome Atif!

Love to hear the Hindi spoken by Lucknowis!

Is it true that even you guys abuse each other in Hindi, you say 'Aap'?
Old 30th October 2015, 10:05   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by john doe View Post
Welcome Atif!

Love to hear the Hindi spoken by Lucknowis!

Is it true that even you guys abuse each other in Hindi, you say 'Aap'?

Thanks a lot for 'Zaarra Nawazi' (respect).

Hahaha..Yes, Lucknow's language is still an example of a language dipped in honey, we rarely call anyone 'tum'. Everyone is an 'Aap', right from a kid to a friend. Even during the most heated arguments, we address each other as 'Aap'.
AtifShamim is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st November 2015, 07:40   #6
BHPian

Re: Aadab Team-BHP!

Welcome aboard Atif saheb

It is always nice to see a new entrant from Lucknow.

Enjoy being a member of this wonderful forum

Regards
Paritosh Chauhan
Old 1st November 2015, 23:29   #7

Re: Aadab Team-BHP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintageman View Post
Welcome aboard Atif saheb

It is always nice to see a new entrant from Lucknow.

Enjoy being a member of this wonderful forum

Regards
Paritosh Chauhan
Thanks Brother.

Its great to see a significant contribution to this elite forum from our city.

Hope to meet some more people from Lucknow.

Regards,
Atif
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks