Team-BHP > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 2nd November 2015, 18:19   #1
BHPian

Namaskara Team-BHP

Hello All,

Brace yourselves for a really long post, read further only if you have a lot of time or have the phone in your hand on the John (Mods please delete the last few words if it’s too offensive)

Like everyone out here, i was elated when i received the approved mail from Team-BHP. It was sort of like waiting for the offer letter after an interview. (yes, I am from Bangalore and work in IT)

I was a young guy who had just started my engineering when one day my mom brought out the topic that it was time I learnt how to drive a car, nonchalantly my immediate response was I like to be driven around and not drive.
Days passed and the conversation was forgotten until another evening over a cup of tea after I got back from college the topic came around again, this time though it went to the touchy topic of masculinity (yeah mom’s knows to hit where it hurts the most). Reluctantly I joined a driving school, and the dread of waking up at 5 in the morning everyday for a month started off.

Completed the driving classes albeit after removing my footwear everytime (still don’t understand what they want us to feel those abused pedals) and jerking around a battered Santro Xing on the cold December mornings of Bangalore. Essentially I learnt zilch after a month and I was back to the situation where driven around felt more Upper middle class.

Cut to 2 years later and all my friends and cousins knew how to drive and bragged about all the crazy stuff that they did, and now it was my heart’s turn to question my masculinity. Eventually I took it upon myself to learn how to drive, got hold of a driver in the apartment to teach me in the mornings in our own car and boy was that guy good, he knew a lot about cars and patiently went through all the stages until I felt really confident to take out the long car (Honda City ZX) in the crazy Bangalore traffic.

Why am I boring you guys with all this, because once I loved driving I started reading up on it over the net and that is how I came across the Wikipedia of cars – Team-BHP. I read and re-read so many threads over a span of 2 years till eventually my actual studies (read Engineering) caught up and I sort of lost touch with it.

But then it was only a break and not a Break up as I would occasionally go through the website and the app whenever there was any interesting automotive news.

Circa 2015, after driving around for a good while I got back on to Team-BHP and then I realized I wanted to comment on the posts, felt like appreciating the great work that the team does, felt like bashing up a few people verbally as well and that is when I decided to give a go at the membership.

So here I am posting my first one though more than a week after I got the confirmation (Sorry Mods).
There is so much more that I want to type in here, but I am pretty sure I have exceeded all your patience and those of you who have actually read through this I am deeply humbled.

Finally, thanks everyone for doing what you guys do and catch you on the various threads.

PS. (I swear this is the last) My Rides,
  • Honda Activa – Ridden close to 40K, daily commute to college and ahem, jolly rides.
  • Honda City ZX – Technically not my ride, owned by dad but after I learnt to drive a car, used to handover the activa to him (yes I was really mean)
  • Hyundai i10 Sportz 1.2 – Again technically not owned by me but my FIL, (okay, all the guys going DOWRY in their head stop it, it was given for a short period for lack of parking space), using it as a daily commute to work.
ro3hit is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2015, 15:37   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Namaskara Team-BHP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ro3hit View Post
Brace yourselves for a really long post
We love detail . The more, the better. Read our official reviews or any reports lately?

Quote:
Completed the driving classes albeit after removing my footwear
Call me crazy, but if I'm really pushing a car, I like to do it bare feet. Just get a lot more 'feel' that way. If I'm making a car dance on my favourite ghat section, it's usually without my shoes on.

Welcome Rohit. Nice intro.
GTO is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2015, 16:18   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
We love detail . The more, the better. Read our official reviews or any reports lately?
Hey GTO thanks for the kind words, it feels special when you reply to a thread of mine (fan boy moment)

Have gone through multitude of reviews and reports, from small cars to the uber cool and the ultra luxurious ones as well.

Thanks again and just want to say what you guys are doing is exemplary.
ro3hit is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th November 2015, 12:35   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ro3hit View Post
Hey GTO thanks for the kind words, it feels special when you reply to a thread of mine (fan boy moment)

Have gone through multitude of reviews and reports, from small cars to the uber cool and the ultra luxurious ones as well.

Thanks again and just want to say what you guys are doing is exemplary.
Welcome aboard man
Pssst.. Might not be a bad idea to take a look at GTO's Bhp thread.. More fanboy moments will follow once you read that

Cheers !

Sundar
MavericK46 is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed