Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th November 2015, 23:33   #1

We did it people! We got me accepted!

Hi BHPians,

Finally after lurking around like a stalker on the forum, my request was accepted. And what a lucky time to get accepted, just ordered a City VX MT and am getting the run around by the dealer. Looking forward to help and feedback from esteemed luminaries.

I am a stern follower of http://four.sentenc.es so this is really difficult. Bear with me

* Puneite to the core
* Was in jobs for the last 10 years, one morning got up, quit my job, signed up with a bunch of founders and started my own gig. Well I did leave out some details and no offence to people working in jobs. I loved it while I was in it
* Been driving a M800 (without AC! yes in Pune) for the longest time
* Had Lancer GLX while I worked in Bangalore. Loved every minute with it
* Upgrading to a City VX this month after countless hours on the forum

Life is great! With Team BHP its even greater!

A final word of appreciation for the mods for accepting my request!
kontinuity is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 5th November 2015, 09:49   #2
BHPian

Welcome fellow Puneite!
Hope you have am amazing time with the new ride coming in!
Without AC? I can barely survive on a 2 wheeler for half an hour during summers here, which is completely open and airy!
kkkkkaran is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2015, 10:58   #3
Senior - BHPian

Re: We did it people! We got me accepted!

Welcome to the forum kontinuity.

Your handle reminds of reminds of the "Kompressor" badge on Mercs which indicated a supercharged engine under the hood!

See you round the forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kontinuity View Post
Just ordered a City VX MT
Good to know that Team BHP helped in your selection process. When has the dealer promised to deliver the car? Please write an ownership review after you get it.

BTW, are you selling your M800 or keeping it?
landcruiser123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2015, 11:01   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkkkkaran View Post
Welcome fellow Puneite!
Hope you have am amazing time with the new ride coming in!
Without AC? I can barely survive on a 2 wheeler for half an hour during summers here, which is completely open and airy!
Thank you sir!

Well my mom doesn't recognise me anymore cause of the tan but I tell her about how she took care of me when I was young and she instantly says "Mera beta ghar aa gaya"

Quote:
Originally Posted by landcruiser123 View Post
Welcome to the forum kontinuity.

Your handle reminds of reminds of the "Kompressor" badge on Mercs which indicated a supercharged engine under the hood!

See you round the forum.
Thank you sir! Looking forward to being around.

Quote:
Good to know that Team BHP helped in your selection process. When has the dealer promised to deliver the car? Please write an ownership review after you get it.
Not sure if this is the right place for this discussion but I'll give it a go and moderators can pull me up (used to being pulled up by the teacher).

The dealer is not messing around a lot but, when I asked for the VIN, he keeps giving me lame reasons, "2015 ka gaadi hain", "acha condition hain" (I was like #$*@* its a god damn new car! what condition)

Luckily I had everything in writing, and only paid a paltry booking amount of 21k so I got the upper hand. I am going to not take a car older than Oct 2015.

Quote:
BTW, are you selling your M800 or keeping it?
Wanna sell it. Looking for a buyer.

Last edited by ampere : 5th November 2015 at 11:22. Reason: Back to back posts merged
kontinuity is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th November 2015, 15:05   #5

Quote:
Thank you sir!

Well my mom doesn't recognise me anymore cause of the tan but I tell her about how she took care of me when I was young and she instantly says "Mera beta ghar aa gaya"
LOL, do you guys have a family song too ?

Did you use any specific technique to avoid extreme heat as your Maruti 800 was not having AC ? I am sure you must have been parking it in shades as much as possible, and also must be driving with windows open as much as possible, apart from this did you use any interesting techniques ?

How about in Winters when the windscreen gets foggy ?
Old 5th November 2015, 15:52   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewsymbol View Post
LOL, do you guys have a family song too ?
Mom sings Ram Lakhan songs but that has the reverse effect of driving us away. I sometimes think she sings those songs on purpose...

Quote:
Did you use any specific technique to avoid extreme heat as your Maruti 800 was not having AC ? I am sure you must have been parking it in shades as much as possible, and also must be driving with windows open as much as possible, apart from this did you use any interesting techniques ?

How about in Winters when the windscreen gets foggy ?
Oh boy! I got some tricks up my sleeve. Used the following solutions:

Summer:
1. Sweat a lot to keep myself cool(Hey thats nature's AC)
2. Tints! Legal tints
3. See a shade before a signal, slam on the breaks and stop. People honking, they'll understand.
4. Crack the window open by 5cm and stick your nose out to keep breathing. Remember keep breathing.
5. Going for a meeting? Leave the car at home and ask a friend. That's what friends are for.

Winter:
1. Wear warm clothes
2. Crack the window open by 5cm and stick your nose out to keep breathing
3. Carry newspapers, and keep wiping the window from the inside. Occasionally stop, look cool, and when no one is looking quickly wipe the outside. If someone sees you wiping, loudly say "Pata nahi kiski gaadi hain" and pretend to hail an auto

Open to give any more sage advice.

NOTE FROM T-BHP SUPPORT: Please stick to TWO emoticons per post. Thanks.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 5th November 2015 at 20:22.
kontinuity is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th November 2015, 18:31   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thank you sir! Looking forward to being around.
Don't make me feel old. I'm surely younger than you at 20.

Quote:
Only paid a paltry booking amount of 21k so I got the upper hand. I am going to not take a car older than Oct 2015.
Yes, do the complete PDI and then finalize. Wait till the dealer gives in to your demand for a PDI. Do take a friend with you during the PDI. Even if he doesn't know much about Automobiles, 2 pairs of eyes are always better than one.

Else complain to the Honda customer care.

Last edited by landcruiser123 : 5th November 2015 at 18:32.
landcruiser123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks