Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 11th November 2015, 19:45   #1
BHPian

Hi from Vivek @ Pune

Dear all,

Happy to join the team-bhp community. I have been a reader of the forums since 2010 but did not join as I was already a part of two vehicle forums, Scorpio Fans and the Palio User Group both of which had their share of mavens, some of whom were also a part of team-bhp.

I have been passionate about bikes and cars and driving for a long time (since the early 90s). A decade back, my wife and I took a year off to drive around India in an Indica. We mainly did the North South Axis from close to the Tibet border (about 70 kms from Joshimath) to the deep South and most of Western India.

This passion has endured though we now have a Pajero Sports MT (just booked), a Palio Sports and an Innova. The Innova was obtained as an in-between vehicle while we figured out what SUV to get after we sold our 2003 Scorpio DLX after 11 years and around 160,000 kms. Before that we had 2 Indica IIs, a Petrol one with power steering and a Diesel one without (in which we did our India odyssey). Indicas are now ubiquitous and sneered at as taxis but I have great memories of the two I had.

It was when we were trying to decide on our next SUV that Team BHP's forum discussions again came in really useful particularly in deciding our answer to THE Question Of The Day, Fortuner VS Pajero. Harbir and Anshuman's threads on the SFX and Sports versions were very informative as were Iron Rocks thread in the TAI forum. Coupled with our own inclinations and plans, these helped us decide on the Pajero Sports MT. Over the next few years we hope to do some serious overland travelling including crossing borders.

In other news I just turned 50. I am a researcher in computer science working on modelling human populations. I also write.

Cheers
bevivek is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 12th November 2015, 17:32   #2
BHPian

Re: Hi from Vivek @ Pune

Welcome! Amazing background too :-)
john doe is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th November 2015, 11:37   #3
BHPian

Thanks John for the welcome. See you are from Pune too. Would be good to have a Pune Team-BHP meet sometime.
bevivek is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th November 2015, 15:27   #4
KPS
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bevivek View Post
Thanks John for the welcome. See you are from Pune too. Would be good to have a Pune Team-BHP meet sometime.
Welcome on board TBHP. Do you do actuarial work ?

There is TBHP Pune meet tomorrow

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-b...ml#post3846940

May be a good idea to get to this meet

Cheers

KPS
KPS is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th November 2015, 22:50   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Welcome on board TBHP. Do you do actuarial work ?
Thanks KPS for the welcome.

No I am a computer scientist working on human behavior models and simulations.

Quote:
There is TBHP Pune meet tomorrow
Shoot. Would have gone for it if I had known about it earlier. Bagban is not too far from where I live but unfortunately have a full day tomorrow.

Thanks for informing me. Hope to be there for the next one.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks