Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th September 2006, 23:15   #1

I am glad to have found this forum. Had a blast last week reading all the techie stuff and travelogues. Hope to contribute to this.
About myself -
Greying software programmer desperately clinging to my youth. My wife has tried to change the dials on my car to get "younger" so -called alternative rock, but I still have mine stuck at classic rock, 80's and so on.
Long to return to good ole Bangalore but somehow have not found the guts to do so. I live in blistering Texas (it was over 100 ie 42C for 30 plus days) near Dallas - that is where I got troy_aikman, one of my fav quarterbacks.

My cars - I drive the BMW 530i (2002), but love my wife's car - the Acura TL. I have owned a Toyota Corolla (my student car), Honda Accord and a Chrysler 300m (don't know why but I rate this car very high). I feel the beemer's real advantages is on twisties and there aren't too many here in Texas - I did the Arkansas Rt 7 once that was great. In just cruising driving the TL beats this car every time.

Here is a picture of my car, house and the ugly dude

Old 13th September 2006, 09:42   #2
BANNED

Hey there ugly dude... welcome to the forum... nice car.
How long has it been since you left Bangalore? I'm 10000% sure its not the same place that you left.. Was there last month and I just couldnt wait to get the hell out of there and back to good old polluted overcrowded Bombay!
have fun on the forum and oh yea don't forget to read the rules or else the mod's are gonna reel you in real fast.
Cya
Old 13th September 2006, 10:37   #3
Senior - BHPian

Nice intro and a good garage! Like the other gent said - how long has it been since you left Bangalore? I last LIVED (as in stayed & worked) there in 1995. I dont live there now, but some requirements do take me to B'lore occassionally and I hate it. I agree that one would much rather be in Bombay.

Welcome to TBHP.
Old 13th September 2006, 10:44   #4
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Hiya Troy, Welcome to the Team-BHP! Winding roads, an E39 5 series and old rock....Boy, the simpler pleasures of life!

Please do go through the announcements section to familiarise yourself with the board protocol.
Old 13th September 2006, 12:05   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

Hey bro,
welcome aboard and enjoy your stay here.
Nice intro an a nice car.
See you around.
Old 13th September 2006, 18:09   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by troy_aikman
...and a Chrysler 300m (don't know why but I rate this car very high)....
I love the 300M too! Its one of my favourite American sedans (displaced from the top spot in my list by the new Lincoln MKZ ) . And welcome aboard! Hope you enjoy your stay here!
Old 13th September 2006, 20:17   #7
Senior - BHPian

Welcome to Team-Bhp. Nice intro and nice car. Nice to see people closer to my age joining in.
Old 14th September 2006, 00:41   #8
Senior - BHPian

Nice intro,there!
Welcome to the club!
Old 14th September 2006, 01:11   #9
Senior - BHPian

Hiya cowboy, welcome aboard.

Nice car, nice taste in music, ugly hood ornament ...just kidding!

Don't knock Bangalore yet. It may be overcrowded, badly managed, and all that, but there's no place like home!
Old 14th September 2006, 20:56   #10

Re: Howdy from Texas

Thanks for the responses. I hear ya - about Bangalore. But then I am from Bangalore and I visit my parents every year or so. I can't imagine anyone wanting to move there. Well, but I feel the same about my fellow desis trying to move to America also I have a couple of more pictures of my car. My son - will post his picture later and my car are the best things I have - closely followed by my wife

Old 15th September 2006, 00:00   #11
Senior - BHPian

Maybe when you're here, you can show up at a meet and explain the difference between a quarterback and a fullback and a broken back. Seems like you know what they mean!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks