Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 17th December 2015, 10:28   #1
BHPian

On your mark, get set, go!

Hello All,

I feels great to be part of this community! Right from the days we bought a pre-owned Tata Sierra in 2008, I have been reading the forums to glean more information regarding the car. It was immensely helpful for sourcing parts and getting to know information that even my FNG didn't have. (I trust him like no other, he has been working on our cars since the time we had a Standard!)

Been a lurker on the forums since then- checking every new review, confirming every buying decision and trouble shooting every issues in our cars and bikes through forum. The community has always amazed me with the knowledge and expertise on any topic.

If you look at the subject line- I must thank GTO for approving my membership instantly. I am in a buying decision for a Polo GT TSI and after going through the forums I understood that the Dealer Handling charges are illegal. I took up a email format from the forum and mailed VW. They replied quite diplomatically, which I wished to share with the community. I mailed it to the given id on the contact and page. Lo behold- GTO replied with a invitation to put up the mail on the forum myself!

Current cars and bikes (which we share with my FIL who stays next to us) include - '96 Tata Sierra(the looks!) , '08 Ford Fiesta Classic Petrol(my fav), '11 Toyota Etios Petrol(backseat comfort), '13 Maruti Suzuki Wagon R(City Runs), '14 RE Classic 350 (Weekend Rides, replaced my trusted Bajaj Pulsar 150), '14 Vespa(Replaced my wife's trusted Honda Activa)

For a living I work as a consultant for CRMs made for Car Dealerships. The company I work for is a startup based in Bangalore, which develops CRMs for Service, Post Service Feedback and Insurance which is currently deployed across 100 dealerships in India.

Looking forward to learn and contribute to this amazing forum.
bhargavd is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th December 2015, 15:57   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: On your mark, get set, go!

Welcome to the family bhargavd! What's the backstory of that Sierra you got? Do post some pictures or better yet, how about an ownership thread?
Old 17th December 2015, 20:19   #3
BHPian

Re: On your mark, get set, go!

Thanks Tushar.

Long story short- when we were buying the Ford Fiesta, we gave away our existing M800 to our FNG. Instead of cash, we bought the Tata Sierra which the FNG would restore free.

Have used Sierra to travel to Goa, Diveagar and many places nearby. The actual use was during my stint with first employer when I had to travel in the rural areas of Nashik, Dhule Nandurbar and Jalgaon.

I do want to pen down the ownership report, but that during I long holiday. Just have one pic on hand right now- This is from 2008/09
Attached Thumbnails
On your mark, get set, go!-1936350_100363246647527_7231582_n.jpg  

bhargavd is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks