Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 20th December 2015, 01:45   #1
BHPian

Greetings from Canada

Good day everyone,

My name is Ash and I'm a 26 year old MD student here in Canada with a huge passion for cars. I'm a somewhat long time lurker of this board, but I finally decided to join in on the fun. I stumbled upon this website via Google a few years back when I was looking to replace my uncles Hyundai Santro. Since then, I've paid sporadic visits, but it's only now that I've bitten the bullet to join.

A bit about myself, I am Indian by citizenship and take regular trips back home to India to get together with my family (and to try out new cars!). I've been fortunate enough to have lived in many different nations in my life ranging from the sandy Sudan to the beautiful Italy and spent a fair chunk of my childhood in India as well before finally settling down here in Canada.

Ever since I was a child, I've enjoyed collecting model cars some of which I still have in my possession and are showcased in my glass cabinet back home. It's my aspiration to collect full sized vehicles as I did when I was a child in the near future.

I also consider myself a driving enthusiast and in particular love to drive different vehicles from across the world. I've been driving since the age of 16 and as of this post, I've driven a plethora of vehicles from a wide variety of manufacturers including a few exotics.

The list of cars I've personally owned is somewhat short, but here goes:

-2004 Lexus IS200 (Sold)
-2002 BMW 325i (Sold)
-2009 BMW 328i (Currently owned)

As I have recently purchased my own house, I'm looking at purchasing my dream car (BMW M5) within the next few years to replace my BMW 328i as a daily driver. Expect to see an initial owners review as well as a long term owners review here at TeamBHP.

I fully intend on holding on to my E90 328i for as long as possible, however, given how I prefer the hydraulic steering as opposed to the electric steering on the newer generation BMW cars.

I genuinely look forward to sharing some of my experiences with all you kind and awesome folks here at TeamBHP and hope I can bring something fresh and new to the table.
CrippledLucifer is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 20th December 2015, 10:47   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Greetings from Canada

Ash, welcome to team-bhp !!!

Nice set of cars that you have owned. Have fun on the forum.
Old 20th December 2015, 11:31   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

Welcome to Team BHP! Interesting handle you've chosen there: mind sharing the story?

Would be great to hear your experiences across the parts of the world you've mentioned. Sudan-wow! Did you drive there? Ripping an E90 across the vast open Canadian roads must be fun as well, especially this time of year. Do post your experiences once you've settled in.
Old 20th December 2015, 22:47   #4
BHPian

Thank you for the warm welcome gentleman!

@noopster: No real story, I watch the show Supernatural a lot and it's based around a character in that show.

I did drive in Sudan on my parents Mitsubishi Lancer. It was a while back but I remember it being a peppy car with an ample amount of power.

As for the E90, yes it's truly a blast to drive here but it's more fun to drive in the spring with my fatter tires. At the moment, I have 224/45R17 all around for winter use. I'll definitely share my experiences with you all soon enough!
CrippledLucifer is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks