Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 2nd January 2016, 10:42   #1

Hello!

Hi fellow BHPians,

I am Devinder from Bangalore, a software professional working with an online retailer. My wife and I have a serious passion for travel and have clocked quite a few thousand miles. In my garage sits our beloved FIAT Punto 90HP Sport, a Pulsar 220, and a Enfield Electra 2003 (currently loaned to my brother), and Cannondale F9. Have also gone through A Premier Padmini, 2 Hyundai Santros, a Honda City, a Suzuki Shogun and an LML Vespa. My wife started her garage with a TVS 50 which she managed to take up steep mountains of Jammu (albeit with a lot of vigorous pedalling) followed by a Maruti 800 & a Hyundai Santro.

We have been able to do the length and breadth of the country multiple times. Most memorable ones include a 17 day solo ride through Ladakh on our Bullet Electra 350 in 2005, our first Bangalore to Delhi drive (we've had a few since), and our trip to Bhutan and back through Bangalore - Bhutan - Delhi - Bangalore last year. We will doing a tour of Lahaul-Spiti (from Bangalore) this year with some camping thrown in for our 8 year old daughter.

We are also looking for enthusiasts to join us for a trip to Thailand, Cambodia, Laos through Burma. In fact we met a gentleman from Koramangala, Bangalore in Wangdue, Bhutan who was working on organising such a trip. I have misplaced his visiting card and am hoping he is a member of TeamBHP so we can get in touch through this medium.

We love to read travelogues of people who share our interest. We are also passionate about our vehicles and are always keen to participate in exchange of ideas. We believe that team-bhp is a great platform. The experience and diversity of motor & travel enthusiasts on the forum - depth and detail is phenomenal. We are excited to be a part of this community to share our experiences and knowledge.

Cheers,
Devinder
devinder is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2016, 10:50   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Hello!

Hey Devinder!!
Welcome to the forum.
Well, thats a nice long list of owned vehicles, but MAN do you need to put up a thread on your travels. That reads like a who's who of the travelogue section!
Especially looking forward to your bhutan drive, but VERY interested in the pedal shift to Jammu by your wife. To jammu from where? Dont care, must have been a literal and figurative trip.
mayankk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2016, 11:49   #3

Thank you Mayank. Vey nice to be welcomed into the community by a senior BHPian. Yes, Bhutan was awesome. Will try to put up the travelogue soon. We plan to go again to cover the Trashigang area along with Assam and Sikkim and a little sometime more if we have the time. It's the east-most part of Bhutan and requires more time. The pedal power days were good too. I think tackling ghats in a Bajaj cub and going up steep slopes on a TVS 50 runs in her family. Some craziness creeping in from the Army life, I suppose!

Your signature is awesome! We relate to it
devinder is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th January 2016, 09:56   #4
Senior - BHPian

Welcome to the forum Devinder! That's a great list of machines and trips you have under your belt. Always enriches the experience when you have a partner who loves travelling as much as you do. Yes, do put up as many travelogues as you can. There are many people out there who can benefit from your experience.
Tushar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th January 2016, 10:05   #5
BHPian

A hearty welcome to the forum Devinder! It is a pleasure to have you here. Your idea of Thailand, Cambodia, Laos through Burma road trip sounds so exiting. Will look forward to hear more about it from you.
Welcome again mate.
sathya.bhat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2016, 11:10   #6

Thanks Tushar, the travelogue is in the works but with people reviews and 2016 planning activities at work taking up a lot of time, i am not really making much progress.

Thanks Sathya. Will definitely reach out to you when the trip starts taking shape, tentatively planned for 2017. Really hoping the govt. change in Burma makes it cheaper for Indians to enter the country in their own vehicles ala Bhutan.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks