Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th January 2016, 22:39   #1

Newbie Rider here

Hello All,

I am from Bangalore and i am mightily excited to be accepted into the brotherhood! I am just another IT guy who has varied interests and passions and from a year now, long weekend rides have also been added to the list.

Even a couple of years back, I have not been much of a bike or a car person. I always thought of them as just a means to get from point A to point B. I had to buy a bike (when the need came) for commute to oversee my house construction and Honda CB Unicorn was my pick(thanks again to this forum for giving the info I needed to make the decision).

I was initially a mild user of the bike. The more i used it, the more it started to grow on me. I started liking going for long rides with my favorite podcasts/audio books and that slowly started becoming a habit. The more I rode, the more I love the experience. I finally started to understand the joy of riding!

Life changed last year when in one of the exhibitions i attended had a Hyosung booth. I was immediately drawn to the GV650 as it had a bad boy cruiser looks and with enough chrome, it can make anyone long for it. I reluctantly asked the price and was pleasantly surprised when i was told it was only 6.5 lacs on-road. For the first time, I thought I can actually afford one.

Then the research started. I paid a thousand bucks for a test ride and was blown away by the bike. It was my first Superbike experience and it was an out of the world experience for me. I started reading more on this site to try and understand the Superbike scene and about its practicality.

Now i am finally about to buy my first Superbike. This forum was immensely helpful for me to finalize on the Harley Davidson Street 750. I would like to share my story and my journey with everyone here and you know, contribute from my end. Cheers.
sidz2bt is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 7th January 2016, 12:08   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Newbie Rider here

Welcome to the family sidz2bt. Some are born with the motoring bug, while others get hooked later on. Either way, once you're addicted it's the best vice you can have. Glad to see you're into riding. Looking forward to your Street 750 story!
Old 8th January 2016, 00:04   #3

Re: Newbie Rider here

Thank you Tushar for the kind words.

I went today to Tusker Harley Lavelle Road, Bangalore and booked the Street 750 by putting down the 30k booking amount. I had called in before getting there to find out if they had the 2016 model to test ride. I spoke to Arvind from the showroom and he assured me that he will have the bike ready for me and i can drop in anytime today.I reached an hour later and there was a Blue color 2016 model waiting for me. After the initial paperwork, she was mine to ride. I was mainly interested to check out the new braking system and i felt that there was a decent improvement in the responsiveness (i was using 60/40 braking power). I had rented out the 2014 model a few months back so i had that experience for reference. So i cleared my doubts and i am assured that i can have the bike in 2 weeks. Its now costing Rs 5,65,000 on-road here.

More to follow..
sidz2bt is offline   (3) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks