Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th January 2016, 12:17   #1
BHPian

Hello Team-BHPians

Hi Everyone,

Name: SANTANU (excuse the ‘h’ not being there; long story and out of scope too)

Work: Work as an IT consultant with Ericsson. Anyone from Ericsson? Hi !!
Place: Noida, UP

Knowledge about Cars: Not much maybe 3/10 and thanks to this wonderful site for all of it.

Experience with Cars: Again not much. The chronology goes like this.

My family owned it’s first car a Premier Padmini in 1990s sheerly to do some tax savings after my dad’s promotion. My dad was not much of a wanderer and would visit places only on purpose like official work or family functions or medical visits. The outings were never anywhere close to site-sighting, vacationing, just-like-that, just-for-drive types.

With the start of the new century, the old padmini died and with the new payscales then applicable to central govt employees, my father decided to buy a brand new car which will be cheaper to buy and maintain(Maruti Suzuki) and can be a mass mover (Omni). My mother wanted it to be a head turner (cherry red). So that how the family got its first car – Maruti Suzuki Omni. I was in Hostel studying engineering but the mere thought of a new car in our (yes ‘our’) home gave me a couple of sleepless nights. The next vacation at home was full on masti with our driver taking me out on drives. That is when I learnt to drive. The feeling of setting the gear and spinning the steering still gives me a sheepish smile. I remember how I would take it round ‘interesting and prospective’ houses.

I bought my first car in 2009, a third owned 2000 registered Maruti Baleno Silver beauty. I was the first among my pack to buy a four wheeler and it rolled like butter in the streets of Delhi and Noida doing all sorts of crazy things late twenties boy-to-man males would do. I have had a lot of sweet memories with her. I got married and drove around with my newly wed wife, took my parents to pilgrimage like Haridwar-Rishikesh-Mathura-Vrindavan, brought my angel daughter home from hospital and so many more. Since I used to stay out of station for work, the car was not maintained well and hence deteriorated with time. Also my brother bought i20 Elite during Diwali 2014 which eased family travel requirements and hence the attention on the old baleno went defocused. Last few months it was not even started and sat as it. Only my car wash guy would wash and clean it.

A month back I exchanged it for a Maruti Ciaz ZDI+ SHVS which is my current possession. Love driving this hybrid (especially during the odd-even formula) in Delhi.

Originally from Agartala (Tripura), My family has a house in Kolkatta which is the only connection that is left with the city. My brother and I are settled in Noida after having spent a lot of time in US, UK and Germany.

A family man, I love to spend time with my mother, gossip with my wife, play with my daughter and discuss cars with my brother.

I am an aspiring long distance runner having covered 28 kms trail running recently. Plan to do a full marathon in 2016.

THANK YOU to the moderators for letting me in (Just one failed attempt).

Also a super special thanks to all the members who regularly contribute and kept the site updated!

Stay blessed and Drive safe!

Cheers
Santanu
SDee is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 15th January 2016, 11:51   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Hello Team-BHPians

Welcome Santanu .

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDee View Post
Knowledge about Cars: Not much maybe 3/10 and thanks to this wonderful site for all of it.
Spend some time with us and we'll change that . Team-BHP has greatly improved my knowledge of cars too.

Nicely written history of your family's cars. Congrats on the Ciaz! Won't be as much fun to drive as the Baleno I bet, but is a lot more practical. BTW, a lot of us would argue with you on the use of the word 'hybrid', but we'll save that for another day!

Quote:
A family man
Made me smile! Likewise - there's nothing I love more than spending time with the family.
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks