Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 15th January 2016, 11:22   #1
BHPian

Revving in!

First of all, a big thanks to the Mods for approval of my membership. This is Nikhil, an 18 year old commerce student from Faridabad (or Free-da-bad as some like to call it). Having registered on 6th January, I had lost hope by now of getting my membership approved and had prepared another revised Why Team BHP note already. I had read somewhere that requests are seen in 7 days max, and thus started a mail shoot-out from this poor budding enthusiast. All efforts (3 mails!) were in vain, there was no sign of approval (or even disapproval message).

Frustrated, I concluded that there was something wrong with my e-mail ID and started typing a mail to Google Help!

But wait, I did see Team something in the inbox now and press the back button quite a few times (in excitement) only to land up at the home screen. Next action was to click on the otherwise boring-looking G-Mail icon and I was filled with emotions! So happy, so overjoyed on seeing the approval message at 10.02 AM (recieved at 10.01AM) that I wore that sheepish grin all day long on my face.

I have a little car background, with only a humble Maruti 800 and an Alto to boot. I am quoting this saying, though a tweaked version based on my family, "Mobile 5 years, Car 10 years, Wife lifetime". Maruti 800 had completed 10 years with us and was replaced with another best seller (Swift) in August 2014. Selling the Alto was an impulsive decision, as the 1.8 Lac offer for a 7 year old model was too hard to resist. It was brilliantly maintained, but that is another thing. Interestingly, Maruti TrueValue had given a 1.1 Lac offer in mid 2014 and this was a slap on their face!

Replacement to the Alto was a difficult question, because Dad was a "as reliable as a Maruti" person but at the same time bit by the "as mighty as an SUV" bug. Starting the search from the hardly-depreciating Innova (as precious as Gold in car market; 11 Lac for an 8 year old piece), we moved down to Hawk vs Bull (Scorpio vs Safari) and unable to find a less-(ab)used piece, eventually stretched the budget again for a pre-worshipped 2013 Duster 85Ps.

Like almost every other NCR teenager, I had been tracing NCR roads on my Activa and Aviator until I got hands on the Swift, in 2014. Actually I was more passionate about two-wheelers but all hopes of venturing into biking were trashed the moment my family saw the stupid Whatsapp video of Indian bike stunts compilation! I was so fond of riding in those years (2012-14) that I completed a total of 30k kms during that time on 2 wheels. Mind you, unlike almost every other NCR teenager, I was very particular about my safety and used to have 5 helmets (riding jacket, gloves et al) ready for different occasions! Though the use of two wheelers has minimised to merely 300 kms/month since 2014, I have kept both the scoots in immaculate condition.

I love to write, dance, DIY and even experiment with electricals in my free time. I had done a projector retrofit at the age of 16 (on Aviator and then moved it to Activa) and have experimented with most electrical mods like horns, HIDs, strobe lights, hooters and what not! I have plans to start Blogging also, and have dreams of having an ICE business in Faridabad sometime after education! Money + passion = Too much fun! That was all I can think of now. Thanks to Team BHP for providing an open un-biased platform to enthusiasts to have their opinions heard. Can't wait to start participating, start living for my passion and share (and gain) knowledge in the process. See you in the forums!
swift_guy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th January 2016, 13:19   #2
Team-BHP Support

Re: Revving in!

What a lovely intro swift_guy, welcome to the forum

I can see that you will find a lot of like minded members here and look forward to your posts. Why don't you start with some pics of your garage ?

PS: Do go through the forum rules !
Eddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th January 2016, 14:20   #3
BHPian

Thanks Eddy for the warm welcome.

Sharing a pic of Dad's Duster and my Swift (will share about 2 wheelers later in ownership thread) :

Revving in!-d.jpg

Revving in!-s.jpg

Ps. Don't mind the poorly edited pictures, I am venturing into this editing area also but don't have a DSLR right now!
swift_guy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th January 2016, 16:58   #4

Hey There Fellow College Student,
Welcome to Team-BHP and Boy what an introduction.
Quote:
First of all, a big thanks to the Mods for approval of my membership. This is Nikhil, an 18 year old commerce student from Faridabad (or Free-da-bad as some like to call it). Having registered on 6th January, I had lost hope by now of getting my membership approved and had prepared another revised Why Team BHP note already. I had read somewhere that requests are seen in 7 days max, and thus started a mail shoot-out from this poor budding enthusiast. All efforts (3 mails!) were in vain, there was no sign of approval (or even disapproval message).

Frustrated, I concluded that there was something wrong with my e-mail ID and started typing a mail to Google Help!

But wait, I did see Team something in the inbox now and press the back button quite a few times (in excitement) only to land up at the home screen. Next action was to click on the otherwise boring-looking G-Mail icon and I was filled with emotions! So happy, so overjoyed on seeing the approval message at 10.02 AM (recieved at 10.01AM) that I wore that sheepish grin all day long on my face.
I also went through the same dilemma but later understood that it is normal here as the admins want true quality (which proves we have some quality ) Looking forward to your DIYs.
Cheers
Kushal_Gupta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th January 2016, 18:58   #5
BHPian

Hi Kushal Paaji. Thanks for the warm wishes.

Turns out that you also have an Aviator. I also got an Aviator in 2012 as my first personal vehicle, and have covered 31k kms now. I have the drum brake version and had done lots of modifications in the initial phase of excitement!

And about DIYs, I have done mostly solo DIYs without taking help from anyone. While this resulted in time saving and good quality of work, I could not take pictures of any process. I have reverted to stock setup (except for dual horns) now because of battery and alternator limitations. Do ping me in case you need any assistance with yours.
swift_guy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th January 2016, 21:48   #6

Quote:
Turns out that you also have an Aviator. I also got an Aviator in 2012 as my first personal vehicle, and have covered 31k kms now. I have the drum brake version and had done lots of modifications in the initial phase of excitement!
Well i have a 2010 model as my personal vehicle. But had no courage (read permission) for modification.

Quote:
Do ping me in case you need any assistance with yours.
For Sure Buddy. Also If you plan to visit Chandigarh do ping will surely love meeting you.
Kushal_Gupta is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks