Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 27th January 2016, 20:24   #1
BHPian

Hello Team-BHP!

Hello All,

My name is Ram. I'm so happy to be in this forum.

I love long drives and hit the road quite often in my current ride - Mahindra Xylo D4 that I've christened Silver Knight.

I'm 36 year-old IT professional based out of Bangalore. For long (almost 8 years), I've been an avid reader of Team BHP forum and wanting to join to network, learn and contribute. After so many attempts (lost count of) finally I made it during Nov 2015.

From childhood I love cars and even as a kid I could identify the car make & model. My first ride was a pre-owned Maruti 1000 and thereafter went on to own successively Rover Montego 2.0 DL (somewhere I read at least once in a lifetime you must own a car with a sunroof and off I went to pick up the Rover though pre-owned), Tata Indica Xeta GLG, Mahindra Scorpio Dx.

During my childhood my Dad owned a Fiat 1100D and later Standard 2000 (Indian version of Rover SD1, UK) and I've great memories of them. Each of these vehicles have their own story as to how I came to acquire/associate and in the coming weeks I'll try penning my memoirs.

Hope to be active in this forum by contributing to the discussions and my travelogues.

Great to be here! Drive safe!
grkonweb is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th January 2016, 12:14   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hello Team-BHP!

Hello Ram,

Welcome aboard. Kudos to you for trying so hard for a membership

The Rover Montego was one quick sedan of its times. 0-100 km/h in 12 seconds odd. If I remember correctly, a fully loaded one was available at a price of Rs. 10+ lakh when new (back in the early 90s).

And regarding the sunroof comment
S2!!! is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks