Team-BHP > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 29th January 2016, 16:37   #1

Revved up as a BHPian!

Hello to all BHPian’s !,
After three attempts I have attained the coveted membership to join this family. Thanks to the moderators and admin.

I am Deepak R. Prasad, aged 55, working as Associate Director –Sales in the hospitality industry in Chennai. Having been an auto enthusiast was a keen follower of Team-BHP for a long time and aspired to get here.

My first owned car was a M800, then a Santro for a short while, later an i10 and now a Swift ZXI. The i10 is now being used by my family. Maintenance of cars has been my infatuation. Sunday’s are spent sprucing up the steed. During my earlier jobs, vehicle maintenance and vintage car restoration were part of my purview. Driving has been my passion and done a bit of karting and rallying too.
Besides cars, my interests are hitting the gym every morning, music, movies and cricket.
It is great to be here and look forward to learn more from this forum.

Best Regards!
DRP revved up !
DRPrevs is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 29th January 2016, 20:46   #2
Senior - BHPian

re: Revved up as a BHPian!

Welcome to Team-Bhp Deepak

Interesting background, you mention Vintage car restoration, would be great to hear some stories from your experience. We also have an exhaustive Vintage section which you should check out.

As you must be aware, we are very particular about our rules, so please read through the forum rules.

Have a pleasant stay
Technocrat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2016, 11:27   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Revved up as a BHPian!

Welcome Deepak

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRPrevs View Post
During my earlier jobs, vehicle maintenance and vintage car restoration were part of my purview. Driving has been my passion and done a bit of karting and rallying too.
Do tell us more about your involvement in vintage car restoration. Theres a wealth of information in the vintage car section, do drop by.
Old 2nd February 2016, 13:46   #4

Re: Revved up as a BHPian!

Thanks Technocrat and Karlosdeville. Sure will check out the vintage section. I was managing in getting jobs done on cars like the Dodge Kingsway, Studebaker -1958, Dodge Brothers - I think it was a 1931 model, a Chevy Impala -1962, Citroen-1948 to name a few. It was a major job on tinkering and painting which took a lot of time. All mechanicals were kept working intact as originals. It was real interesting stuff working on these legends.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed