Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 20th February 2016, 17:04   #1

Hello from this young-at-heart BHPian

Hello Fellow BHPians,
I am so glad to be a part of this forum. I'm roughly around 60 (+ or - a few years). But the love for the road and taking a journey has just got re-kindled in me. My wife and I get inspired by stories of road journeys. I get particularly interested in the interest that you car enthusiasts have for their cars, their parts and the general well-being of their cars. We own a BMW X5 and I, in particular, am interested in taking the car on road trips and exploring new places by road.

Louis
lifetimejourney is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 20th February 2016, 17:14   #2
Team-BHP Support

re: Hello from this young-at-heart BHPian

Its the passion to drive which brings this whole forum together. Please do share the places you have been to and their related stories. I see your location says Mumbai. The place is a just a brilliant one during monsoons. Hope you have been through many of these places.

Welcome to the forum. Do have a look at the rules once.

Last edited by ampere : 20th February 2016 at 17:15.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2016, 17:27   #3
BHPian

Welcome on board. Am sure you will find many young at heart members here. Looking forward to many ownership reviews and travelogues from you.
Drive Safe.
Old 20th February 2016, 18:52   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifetimejourney View Post
I'm roughly around 60 (+ or - a few years). But the love for the road and taking a journey has just got re-kindled in me.
Welcome.
I'm sure you have a wealth of experiences and anecdotes to share. Pls. do. Don't be stingy.

Regards
Sutripta
Old 20th February 2016, 19:37   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

Hello Louis, it is a lovely sight to see a fellow goldie on the forum. Folks like you & me are needed to keep the age and other attributes up

Look forward to your posts.

Warm regards,
Narayan
V.Narayan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th February 2016, 15:53   #6

Re: Hello from this young-at-heart BHPian

Thank you all for the warm welcome.
Mr. V.Narayanan, a warm Goldie hello to you again.
I'd like to share a wonderful drive route with you guys as has been asked by Sutripa. And I don't mean to be stingy with my stories.
It's a route which give me a lot of driving pleasure.
We have on various occasions driven down on the Mumbai Kolhapur highway to Goa & Mangalore, and from Mangalore to Bangalore. More often we have left late at night and have driven through the night. It is a real pleasure to drive at night as we find the roads absolutely empty with no traffic.
The roads are excellent specially the roads after Kolhapur and Belgaum. The Yellapur stretch being the Ghat road is never ending however once you cross that patch, you cross a lot of rivers and the coastal belt with beautiful scenic views.
These trips really make me recollect that old adage, "it is not about the destination, but about the journey to reach there".
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks